Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 17 THREAD: #5 Arkansas Razorbacks (12-4, 0-0 SEC) vs Texas (9-8, 0-0 B12)

Started by Razorbacks#1, March 14, 2018, 02:15:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PigWig

Hawgphish

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Razorbacks#1

Awesome job JHicks3636 on the PBP!

We are gonna take a day off and hit it again starting Friday with a tremendous 3 game series against Top 10 Kentucky. Go HOGS!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Hogforlife

JHicks3636

PeabodyHawg

Pudgepork

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on March 14, 2018, 07:21:40 pm
well just 3 outs away from a 2 game sweep of the Shorthorns.

Dont know much about Texas this season.  They were 9-7 coming into Fayetteville.  Hogs hung an L on them yesterday.  Now they are 9-8.  Is Texas down this season?  I mean they are still Texas and surely they have talent, but they arent ranked.  Is this an off year for the 'Horns?

I'm guessing this is a really low era for Texas, and I hope they can sustain this level of mediocrity for at least 30 yrs.    Texas has played good teams this year, but their talent seems lesser than several of the teams Hogs have played this year

ThisTeetsTaken

War Boar

Love the Razorbacks.  Hate the wronghorns.  Thanks for the play by play.  Woo Pig Sooooiiieee!!!

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: Pudgepork on March 14, 2018, 07:27:47 pm
I'm guessing this is a really low era for Texas, and I hope they can sustain this level of mediocrity for at least 30 yrs.    Texas has played good teams this year, but their talent seems lesser than several of the teams Hogs have played this year
thanks for the info pudge.  Im not a big fan of Texas.  They have had their successes over the years and as they are in most everything, they are arrogant as all get out.

However, I despise LSU way way more than Tex.   Texas just seems like just another good program--not the program they once were.  Solid but nothing spectacular.   But LSU is my most hated piece of crapt opponent.  Cannot stand those pieces of S.   

Nevertheless, great 2 game sweep of the Horns by the Hogs.   Just keep winning Hogs and the rest will take care of itself.   GHG!!!

hogman64

like to see Wilson play more at second base and like to see more variety in our DH meaning not exclusively Bonfield... we need to get these young guys in the game even more. to me the ones who have played have been  difference makers so far..

snoblind

ricepig

I'll be the one to ask, with Rutledge more than likely unavailable this weekend, who closes?

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: JHicks3636 on March 14, 2018, 07:26:59 pm
The real season is about to begin
Kentucky is next, right??   They have had some nice success over the last few years.  they are good this year arent they?

ricepig

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on March 14, 2018, 08:11:05 pm
Kentucky is next, right??   They have had some nice success over the last few years.  they are good this year arent they?

Decent, I think they're rated like #5 or something. They should give us a good game or two.

ucahogfan

Quote from: hogman64 on March 14, 2018, 07:46:08 pm
like to see Wilson play more at second base and like to see more variety in our DH meaning not exclusively Bonfield... we need to get these young guys in the game even more. to me the ones who have played have been  difference makers so far..
Bonfield has been one of our top 3-4 hitters this year along with Martin, Kjerstad, and Cole.  His bat will be in the lineup every day during SEC play.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on March 14, 2018, 08:11:05 pm
Quote from: ricepig on March 14, 2018, 08:13:01 pm
Decent, I think they're rated like #5 or something. They should give us a good game or two.
It's going to be a stressful weekend. 

ricepig

TebowHater

DVH post game PC:

https://youtu.be/1w8Lj0wMJZE  - notable primarily for his talk on our pitchers for this weekend. Haven't named a Saturday starter (as has been mentioned in other thread).

Tejano Jawg

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

JHGiunta

Quote from: ricepig on March 14, 2018, 07:49:04 pm
I'll be the one to ask, with Rutledge more than likely unavailable this weekend, who closes?

Why would Rutledge be unavailable this weekend? Did i miss something?  I don't believe he pitched at all yesterday or today.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

pigture perfect

Great thread again today. I have to admit that beating the  Longhorns is extra sweet. My mother had 2 sisters. They married dyed in the wool longhorn fans. My dad was the lone bastion of Razorback fandom. Every year during football season, the uncles would send us sympathy cards if texas won. It didn't bother my dad much, he just laughed it off. But to a preteen sport nut, it hurt. So I'm soured on anything texas. Maybe I do need to get over it, but now it's my turn to cheer. Go Hogs! Beat Texas!
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Deep Shoat

Quote from: JHGiunta on March 14, 2018, 10:29:17 pm
Why would Rutledge be unavailable this weekend? Did i miss something?  I don't believe he pitched at all yesterday or today.
Soreness
All Gas, No Brakes!

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 14, 2018, 11:09:55 pm
Great thread again today. I have to admit that beating the  Longhorns is extra sweet. My mother had 2 sisters. They married dyed in the wool longhorn fans. My dad was the lone bastion of Razorback fandom. Every year during football season, the uncles would send us sympathy cards if texas won. It didn't bother my dad much, he just laughed it off. But to a preteen sport nut, it hurt. So I'm soured on anything texas. Maybe I do need to get over it, but now it's my turn to cheer. Go Hogs! Beat Texas!

I still hate burnt orange and I'm not praying for forgiveness.
Retired Radio Host