Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A closer look at the offensive line vs. A&M

Started by Fayettechill14, September 27, 2017, 03:41:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: IronHog on September 28, 2017, 06:26:39 am

Poor footwork and "power" goes hand in hand with insufficent core stability.

Modern S&C is all about the core.  These boys ain't equal with their opponents dynamically.   

Run blocking is fine for the most part. I'm not talking about "power" as much as I am about good footwork (technique) that helps you keep your leverage. I know you want to say it is S&C that is the problem, I just disagree.
Go Hogs Go!

IronHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 28, 2017, 07:17:18 am
Run blocking is fine for the most part. I'm not talking about "power" as much as I am about good footwork (technique) that helps you keep your leverage. I know you want to say it is S&C that is the problem, I just disagree.

You can't move laterally with an insufficient core.  These guys look like 70's linemen.

They have squat contests.  That's irrelevant in 2017.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Squinky The Curse

On the sack on the rollout, that is on Allen.

The RB stays in to block, so #25 LB Tyrel Dodson has no coverage responsibility. When Allen rolls out, he takes a direct bead on him, because he has to stop him from rushing. Allen should have thrown it away.

Been10Hog

Quote from: Silver Hog on September 27, 2017, 06:12:59 pm
So basically, Bert can't recruit.  And folks here bash Bobby for the very same thing.
No, Bret can recruit! He got 4 star Wallace here! Not all 4 and 5 stars pan out. We beat many Power 5 schools to land him, something Petrino never did with n0n-Arkansas boys who were coming here anyway.

Wallace is a bust, unless he starts seeing his scholarship as a chance to get to the NFL! He won't get there from the bench

JaketheSnake

Quote from: IronHog on September 28, 2017, 07:53:11 am

You can't move laterally with an insufficient core.  These guys look like 70's linemen.

Squats are great for your core... 

DeltaBoy

It sad this issue is been around since the end of 2014 .
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Poker_hog on September 27, 2017, 06:41:37 pm
Ragnow to tackle is the only solution to this problem.  We seem to have plenty of good inside lineman.  Your best lineman should be playing left tackle.

Ragnow may be the only guy they have with the athletic ability of a tackle.
[CENSORED]!

Fayettechill14

Quote from: FutureMan on September 27, 2017, 04:02:31 pm
It's good to hear from you, Fayettechill.  I have always enjoyed your posts and I was afraid you left Hogville long ago.  Thanks for the link and keep up the good work.

I appreciate that!

I did leave for a while but kept my account. I took a job at a TV station that rivals KNWA so although I wasn't on-air, many here knew my real name so I didn't want any appearance of conflict, since I did a lot of sports production as a part of my job. I left the NWA TV market a few months ago, so I imagine I'll resume posting at least a little bit.

IronHog

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 28, 2017, 08:19:20 am
Squats are great for your core... 

They're OK if done properly

The type of dynamic core stability we're talking about usually requires more focused activities than squats though......

JaketheSnake

Quote from: IronHog on September 28, 2017, 04:47:19 pm
They're OK if done properly

The type of dynamic core stability we're talking about usually requires more focused activities than squats though......
Reaching.

They are excellent, and they are being done correctly if you watch how they are being taught and performed at the UofA.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/strengthening-your-core-right-and-wrong-ways-to-do-lunges-squats-and-planks-201106292810

This shows the basic way to do a squat to strengthen your core.  Same posture BH keeps the team in.

IronHog

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 28, 2017, 05:25:24 pm
Reaching.

They are excellent, and they are being done correctly if you watch how they are being taught and performed at the UofA.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/strengthening-your-core-right-and-wrong-ways-to-do-lunges-squats-and-planks-201106292810

This shows the basic way to do a squat to strengthen your core.  Same posture BH keeps the team in.

Not reaching.  Squats are good and going to be part of most programs but primarily a lower chain activity

If you are doing squats for your dynamic stability  work you are waaaay behind.

ballz2thewall

chill......

i do a lot of backpacking and lead a lot of group trips. i've seen "fayettechill" on some of my hikers and on gear in the stores, haven't i?

is that you?
The rest of the frog.

MuskogeeHogFan

September 28, 2017, 06:08:24 pm #62 Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 06:58:02 pm by MuskogeeHogFan
Quote from: IronHog on September 28, 2017, 07:53:11 am

Linemen from the 70's were far more athletic than they are now. Of course, they were for the most part, much smaller in terms of weight and had to block entirely different schemes. Just go look at the offensive lines of the teams that ran the triple option or the Veer. Frank Kush at Arizona State recruited LB's and turned them into O-Linemen. Just an example.
Go Hogs Go!

JaketheSnake

Quote from: IronHog on September 28, 2017, 05:50:10 pm
Not reaching.  Squats are good and going to be part of most programs but primarily a lower chain activity
If you are doing squats for your dynamic stability  work you are waaaay behind.
No program, even at junior high levels, only rely on squats for core.  However, squats are one of the best total body lifts an athlete can do.  Squats, power cleans, snatch, etc.