Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corn Prices

Started by ifghog, September 05, 2014, 01:39:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ifghog

Ok guys I do this every year. I can't find my old post from last year so...what ya got. Cheapest I have is 6.50 for a 50 pound bag. It has traded at under 4 dollars a bushel now for several months. Does anyone have it cheaper? Any wholesalers out there close to Hot Springs? It is that time hunters. Gotta get the feed out.

pigture perfect

It's funny how moonshine season drives the prices up so high.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

DeltaBoy

Seeing it at 4-6 bucks down here.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Paragould Bulldog

$6.00/50 lbs. bag at Vance Cupp's in Light, AR in NEA. 

Sales tax included.

Virgil

Maumelle Walmart Prices:

$6.50 40lb bag
$8.00 50lb bag (Apple Flavored)
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

AcornHunter

Last year I bought it for $33\55 gal drum from a local farmer.  I still have about 15 gal left (I feed it to the chickens mostly, but I will use it for game bait).  I haven't seen Farmer lately to check how his crop and prices are for this year.  I also want to get from him about a bushel of ears to use as trap lure, so I need to get on my stick before he combines it all up.

We were blessed with an abundant garden, summer precipitation in this area was higher than normal, and fuel prices have been fairly steady, so I hope that his prices are no higher than last year's.

Deer have been in our sweet potato crop.  I finally got them spooked out after minimal damage–or they found something else that they like better.  They've scarfed down to the runners Help Meet's ornamental sweet potato.  It was right purdy too, an eye-catching turquoise that reminded me of a spinner bait that I use to hopefully tease through what looked to be bass-infested waters, years ago.  The ornamental is trying to rally, puttin on new leaves.  The deer haven't hit it again, yet; we'll see. . . .

Before Son matriculated I would get deer reports from him the next day after he had been out "socializin" to the wee, wee hours of the morning.  He'd sweep the place with the headlights on his p\u before coming in and beddin down or get on the wheeler and give woods and all a good goin over.  Per reports, he did see some bucks still in velvet, but nothing to get his heart thumpin.  Unlike me, he's a horn hunter; I like yearlins.

I might thread this later, but I'm in the mood now (my fingers are limber; Arthur's on break, it feels) so I'll go ahead and mention it.  Nearly every year our side yard has many sawtooth oak acorns on the ground.  This year is no exception.  The only year deer ever really cleaned them up was the summer of the drought, 2011, if I recollect correctly.  Maybe its being in the red oak group has something to do with their not eating the acorns.

I've read, heard, and witnessed that a coon'll risk life and limb (pun intended) for a bite of watermelon.  I've also read and heard that the acorn is the deer's favorite food, that he'll walk around or over any other morsel to pick up an acorn.  What are your thoughts on the fruit of the sawtooth oak for deer food?

Cool front's acomin.

Have fun!

JaketheSnake

DeWayne R

5.50 50LB Produce shed Pine Bluff
When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

DeltaBoy

Saw some for 6:50 Monday but it was at a Convenience Store.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

toshortrock

so far nothing,,i been picking my own across the road
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

JHESTER

Don't know if its near any of you but I'v been getting it at the feed store in Imboden for $5.50 tax included. 

DeltaBoy

Still $4:75-6 bucks.

ifghog

Anyone got anything near Hot Springs. Wal-Mart is ridiculous on their prices. Corn is trading at a 5 yr low right now. Should be about 4.50 to 5 bucks a bag

hard luck

55 gal drum 27$  Ashdown EMKHRA

razordank42

got 1000lb for 117$ at our local co op in yell county

A.Ziffle

I got 1000 pounds for a hundred dollar bill a couple of days ago near Wynne.

root_hawg

AcornHunter

I purchased some corn from a local farmer this morning.  After he spotted me and before he filled the drum, we had to swap pleasantries followed by a few good deer stories.  It was a nice visit and would have gone on longer had not another corn-buyer (It might have been hard luck.  Did I do a pun?) pulled up with a drum in the back of his pickup.

The price was $27 dollars\55 gallon drum, cheaper than last year's price.  Jethro Bodine would cypher that out to about $3.93\bushel.  Uncle Jed would probably tell you that corn will weigh about 56#\bushel, with the weight tracking moisture content.

That's a better buy than by the 50# sack, I surmise.  You might want to check out your local corn growers.  If you do, make sure that you discuss moisture content with them, too high and the corn could go bad . . . but hogs'd still eat it, probably like it better.

Have fun.

DeltaBoy

$7 bucks at the store today.