Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BBall Prospect Nick Babb may have just committed

Started by RazorAg, August 10, 2013, 11:30:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorAg

Appears from Twitter that Nick Babb committed to us. He tweeted Razorbacks and his brother says he's going to be a Razorback. Big pick up if true!

discombobulationist

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 05, 2014, 02:17:08 pm
ISIS could be overrunning your city and Rick would talk about how nice it is to have new neighbors.

mhuff

Quote from: RazorAg on August 10, 2013, 11:30:07 am
Appears from Twitter that Nick Babb committed to us. He tweeted Razorbacks and his brother says he's going to be a Razorback. Big pick up if true!

I would be happy with that. We need some SG's. I would take a Center as well. ;) We would have the Bigs and backups we had in 1994. Portis could just play PF.

Thanks RazorAg, you do a great job.

RxRazorback

Danny West just tweeted that he did commit. Awesome.
W88 Pig S88ie!

RazorAg

Hawgzinbowlz

RazorAg

Quote from: mhuff on August 10, 2013, 11:35:22 am
I would be happy with that. We need some SG's. I would take a Center as well. ;) We would have the Bigs and backups we had in 1994. Portis could just play PF.

Thanks RazorAg, you do a great job.

Trey Thompson is your "Center" sign for this class

mhuff

CMA and staff should be commended for a quality recruit. Welcome aboard Mr. Babb

Hawg Red

Quote from: mhuff on August 10, 2013, 12:01:44 pm
CMA and staff should be commended for a quality recruit. Welcome aboard Mr. Babb

Absolutely.

Great prospect with no ties to the state or staff. This one's clean and a big one. Babb will be a great player for the Hogs.

mhuff

Quote from: RazorAg on August 10, 2013, 11:46:53 am
Trey Thompson is your "Center" sign for this class

Agreed..... but if Turner should somehow look our way, I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. I don't know where that saying comes from. I wouldn't put my head in a gift horse's mouth. ;)

Hawg Red

Quote from: mhuff on August 10, 2013, 12:07:19 pm
Agreed..... but if Turner should somehow look our way, I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. I don't know where that saying comes from. I wouldn't put my head in a gift horse's mouth. ;)

Yeah, I think that ol' boy might have a shot at the making the team if he wanted to come aboard. Hopefully, one of these days we'll be able to get a package duo like that.

The Recruiting Guy

PonderinHog

You can tell a horse's age by looking at his teeth.

lasthog

Looking a gift horse in the mouth...  horse's ages are very accurately judged by their teeth.  Can't remember exactly, but certain teeth are present (or not present) at certain periods of a horse's life.  So if you are gifted a horse it is bad form to "look him in the mouth" to see how old he is. Just say thanks for the horse. I'm sure others can supply more accurate information, but that is the gist of it.

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

PonderinHog

mhuff

Quote from: lasthog on August 10, 2013, 12:36:07 pm
Looking a gift horse in the mouth...  horse's ages are very accurately judged by their teeth.  Can't remember exactly, but certain teeth are present (or not present) at certain periods of a horse's life.  So if you are gifted a horse it is bad form to "look him in the mouth" to see how old he is. Just say thanks for the horse. I'm sure others can supply more accurate information, but that is the gist of it.

Thanks... makes sense. I have seen some ladies that you have to check their teeth out though...... gift or not.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 10, 2013, 12:04:45 pm
Absolutely.

Great prospect with no ties to the state or staff. This one's clean and a big one. Babb will be a great player for the Hogs.

Impossible! The Mike-haters said Mike can't get a solid recruit unless there are staff connections.....

RazorAg

Babb is a well built 6'4 guard that will spend most of his time on the wing, but can slide over and handle the point for periods of time. Fantastic, defensively, he can guard the 1, 2 and 3. Early on in AAU, he got the nickname "Babb Island". On offense, he's a good shooter, but also an effective slasher, finisher and passer. Uses his strength to get where needs to go. Has the frame to put on good weight and really be prototypically built two guard.

I think this kid is a Top 100 level talent, having seen him in person and a little on film. He fits our style and fills a need in a good sized wing shot-maker.

As for service ratings, #127 3 star, #159 3 star, 3 star and 4 star.

-Blu

WOW huge news.

CMA and staff putting it together!  Gotta hear what the haters say about the reason we got this one.

RazorAg

I wish, but that ship has sailed.  Cut to 8 the other day and we didn't make it.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=544414.msg8338955#msg8338955

-Blu

Quote from: RazorAg on August 10, 2013, 01:04:05 pm
I wish, but that ship has sailed.  Cut to 8 the other day and we didn't make it.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=544414.msg8338955#msg8338955

TBH it would be nice to have Turner, but realistically would he even make our starting lineup next year?  He would have to beat out Portis or Harris and I don't think its farfetched to say that would be very tough, even with his skill level.

The_Iceman

Quote from: -Blu on August 10, 2013, 01:08:18 pm
TBH it would be nice to have Turner, but realistically would he even make our starting lineup next year?  He would have to beat out Portis or Harris and I don't think its farfetched to say that would be very tough, even with his skill level.

...and Kingsley. (And Trey Thompson if you count him.)

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 10, 2013, 12:53:21 pm
Impossible! The Mike-haters said Mike can't get a solid recruit unless there are staff connections.....

Not a "Mike-hater," but Babb isn't exactly a top 50 recruit either. Keep it real. Glad he committed, but we need to continue to land impact players like Portis and Kingsley that are in the top 75 range if we want to be a perennial postseason team for years to come. We're not there yet. 

Quote from: RazorAg on August 10, 2013, 01:02:06 pm
As for service ratings, #127 3 star, #159 3 star, 3 star and 4 star.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Pork Twain

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on August 10, 2013, 01:21:55 pm
Not a "Mike-hater," but Babb isn't exactly a top 50 recruit either. Keep it real. Glad he committed, but we need to continue to land impact players like Portis and Kingsley that are in the top 75 range if we want to be a perennial postseason team for years to come. We're not there yet. 

We are not Kentucky, Duke or UNC and have never had a roster FULL of top 100 players.  I would not expect that to change anytime soon.  We will have 3-4 really good players and the rest will be guys that fit into this system and play solid defense or are role players
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: BeoPig™ on August 10, 2013, 01:47:49 pm
We are not Kentucky, Duke or UNC and have never had a roster FULL of top 100 players.  I would not expect that to change anytime soon.  We will have 3-4 really good players and the rest will be guys that fit into this system and play solid defense or are role players

Who said anything about a roster FULL of Top 100 players? Who said anything about being a top 5 program? Not me. Context, context, context.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Pork Twain

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on August 10, 2013, 02:00:15 pm
Who said anything about a roster FULL of Top 100 players? Who said anything about being a top 5 program? Not me. Context, context, context.
Yup, context.  We just signed a very good player and you say what?  He is not a top 50 player, but I guess he will do.  No need to continually bring everyone down to your level of depression.  You are the Debby Downer of basketball for sure.  Wasn't always so, but oh well...
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Hollywood_HOGan45

We don't "have" to get top 75 players to compete nationally. Nobody wanted Thurman, beck, and Stewart.

Chief Mac

quick quiz....how many top 75 recruits were on the 94 national championship team?

Two....Corliss Williamson and Darnell Robinson

A few great players surrounded by a solid cast that know their role and fit the system is what we need. 
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 10, 2013, 02:04:39 pm

We don't "have" to get top 75 players to compete nationally. Nobody wanted Thurman, beck, and Stewart.
Quote from: Chris McWilliams on August 10, 2013, 02:05:45 pm
quick quiz....how many top 75 recruits were on the 94 national championship team?

Two....Corliss Williamson and Darnell Robinson

A few great players surrounded by a solid cast that know their role and fit the system is what we need. 

*sigh*

Let go of the rope people. It's been nearly 20 years.

Pork Twain

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on August 10, 2013, 02:10:46 pm
*sigh*

How many years since Pel has been fired and you still cannot just get behind MA.  Sad...

We just signed a very good player.  Try to throw out some positivity every once in a while

Foshodo

holy wow... wasnt expecing this when i came to the recruiting board. very nice news!

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: BeoPig™ on August 10, 2013, 02:03:34 pm
Yup, context.  We just signed a very good player and you say what?  He is not a top 50 player, but I guess he will do.  No need to continually bring everyone down to your level of depression.  You are the Debby Downer of basketball for sure.  Wasn't always so, but oh well...

1) We didn't "sign" anyone

2) We should be able to sign 3*/Top 150 players as easily as many other SEC schools

3) I'm glad we landed Babb's commitment, but we need to land more impact players like Powell, Young, Portis, and Kingsley. Babb isn't an impact recruit IMO.

Sorry if the facts upset you.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: BeoPig™ on August 10, 2013, 02:12:01 pm
How many years since Pel has been fired and you still cannot just get behind MA.  Sad...

We just signed a very good player.  Try to throw out some positivity every once in a while

Context continues to be a mystery to you. Keep flaming away with personal attacks if it makes you feel better. I'm sticking with basketball.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on August 10, 2013, 02:10:46 pm
*sigh*

You don't absolutely have to have all Americans to compete.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on August 10, 2013, 02:14:17 pm

2) We should be able to sign 3*/Top 150 players as easily as many other SEC schools

3) I'm glad we landed Babb's commitment, but we need to land more impact players like Powell, Young, Portis, and Kingsley. Babb isn't an impact recruit IMO.

Powell and young?? Really??
How many games did we win with those two?

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 10, 2013, 02:15:50 pm
You don't absolutely have to have all Americans to compete.

I never said we did.

Compete for what though? You want to compete for the NIT, the final spot into the Big Dance, or a chance at the Final Four? Your call.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 10, 2013, 02:18:15 pm
Powell and young?? Really??
How many games did we win with those two?

They were impact players, but we didn't have enough around them to win.

Hence why:

.. but we need to continue to land impact players like Portis and Kingsley that are in the top 75 range if we want to be a perennial postseason team for years to come. We're not there yet. 

Make sense now?

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on August 10, 2013, 02:19:43 pm

Hence why:

Make sense now?

They were times last year where bj hurt us more than he helped us.

RazorAg

[

Define impact

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: RazorAg on August 10, 2013, 02:23:10 pm
Define impact

In consideration for All-SEC talk by the end of his sophomore season.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Hence why:

Make sense now?

Hence why:

Make sense now?
So exactly how did Nolan win with just two "impact players?"

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 10, 2013, 02:22:08 pm
They were times last year where bj hurt us more than he helped us.

You're missing the point being made.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 10, 2013, 02:25:17 pm
So exactly how did Nolan win with just two "impact players?"

Big Nasty and Tank were Mickey D's AAs. Your definition of "impact" is vastly different from mine. Many of the other players were considered top 75 players, including Thurman, Beck, and Stewart. Beck and Stewart were highly thought of JUCOs whose grades scared nearly everyone else away. Crawford was a highly touted JUCO player, as was Dillard.

Pork Twain

1. Just the way I phrase it when a guy commits.

2. We just did.

Not upset at all.  Your tactics are just tired.

Pork Twain

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on August 10, 2013, 02:15:14 pm
Context continues to be a mystery to you. Keep flaming away with personal attacks if it makes you feel better. I'm sticking with basketball.
Personal attacks?

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: BeoPig™ on August 10, 2013, 02:28:35 pm
Not upset at all.  Your tactics are just tired.

As is your interpretation. It's only a negative "tactic" in your mind when you disagree. Your methods of disagreeing are more "tired" than anything else I could post. Why make it about Pel or being "anti-Mike?" Stick to the topic.

You think Babb will be a stud? Prove it and keep the silly BS out of it. Right now, he's a top 150 player like JaCorey Williams was. He could be good in time, but we still need impact players that can step right in and take over when needed.

Pork Twain

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on August 10, 2013, 02:33:31 pm
As is your interpretation. It's only a negative "tactic" in your mind when you disagree. Your methods of disagreeing are more "tired" than anything else I could post. Why make it about Pel or being "anti-Mike?" Stick to the topic.

You think Babb will be a stud? Prove it and keep the silly BS out of it. Right now, he's a top 150 player like JaCorey Williams was. He could be good in time, but we still need impact players that can step right in and take over when needed.
Sorry if some of us are excited about landing this guy.  He might not be a top 100, but he is still a very good player that we needed.

Sadly I have found basketball much more enjoyable when you were on ignore and I did not have to put up with your games.  Back you go.