Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should Pujols have mocked Puig after taking 2nd base?

Started by dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya, August 07, 2014, 01:44:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think about Pujols' mocking Puig?

Uncalled for.  Should not have done that - baseball is a gentleman's sport, and it could have started a brawl.
Funny and Harmless.  Pujols has earned the right and Puig learned a lesson.  It was all clean fun.
Frito Pie

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Baseball Hog

He's trying tot each the kid a lesson.  He was right.  Maybe took it a little bit too far but I don't have a problem with it.

LL COOL HOG

Puig is good for baseball. It has been a snore fest since Bonds retired. Pujols actions were fine and it would not have happened without Puig. We need more Ricky Hendersons, Roger Clemons and Nolan Ryans to bring some toughness and testosterone back to the sport. 

Quote from: Baseball Hog on August 08, 2014, 12:11:26 pm
He's trying tot each the kid a lesson.  He was right.  Maybe took it a little bit too far but I don't have a problem with it.

Quote from: sevenof400 on August 08, 2014, 12:15:33 pm
Yes.

Puig needs mocked relentlessly.

Quote from: LL COOL HOG on August 08, 2014, 12:26:24 pm
Puig is good for baseball. It has been a snore fest since Bonds retired. Pujols actions were fine and it would not have happened without Puig. We need more Ricky Hendersons, Roger Clemons and Nolan Ryans to bring some toughness and testosterone back to the sport. 

Agreed.  There is so much tradition in baseball, and you have to earn the right to do certain things.  For example, how no one speaks to you or congratulates you after your 1st hit. 

Not just anyone could have done what Pujols did(the mocking part).  And I was impressed with Puig's understated response.  He motioned for Albert to try to run to 3rd, which was funny, just enough to go back at him - but otherwise he was respectful about it.

I agree, we need more challenges like that in sports - they don't always have to end up in a fight.

For example, all the trash talking and going at it during the NBA play-offs in the 80s/90s.  So boring today in comparison.

In the NFL you can't even celebrate a TD anymore.

FaytownHog

No problem with it at all. Puig started it by wagging his finger at the guy he threw back to 1st earlier like "you can't steal on me, don't even try it", then Pujols did. lol.

Quote from: FaytownHog on August 08, 2014, 07:00:58 pm
No problem with it at all. Puig started it by wagging his finger at the guy he threw back to 1st earlier like "you can't steal on me, don't even try it", then Pujols did. lol.

Yeah, that was awesome.

Scary thing is, Puig still came close to throwing Pujols out, off his back heel, and not throwing until Pujols was more than halfway down the line...

FaytownHog

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on August 08, 2014, 07:14:38 pm
Yeah, that was awesome.

Scary thing is, Puig still came close to throwing Pujols out, off his back heel, and not throwing until Pujols was more than halfway down the line...
Well he IS one of the slowest guys on the field....on most all the MLB fields even. lol. Which made it even funnier really. Probably why he got away with it too. NO ONE thought he'd steal a base, especially not off a pop fly like that.

Quote from: FaytownHog on August 08, 2014, 07:26:14 pm
Well he IS one of the slowest guys on the field....on most all the MLB fields even. lol. Which made it even funnier really. Probably why he got away with it too. NO ONE thought he'd steal a base, especially not off a pop fly like that.

Yeah, but Puig has a cannon.

Pujols has always been slow(even more so now), but has always been a smart baserunner.  Give me a guy who knows how to run the bases over a speedster any day.

ucahogfan

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on August 08, 2014, 07:33:19 pm
Yeah, but Puig has a cannon.

Pujols has always been slow(even more so now), but has always been a smart baserunner.  Give me a guy who knows how to run the bases over a speedster any day.
I'd personally take a Billy Hamilton over a smart base runner with little to no speed.  Sure, he won't run into outs, but he also won't change games on the base paths because of his speed.

cubsfan5150

Absolutely, as I believe that Puig stepped on Pujols on purpose. BTW, I hate Pujols.
QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.