Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big 12 to limit contact to two days a week

Started by ricepig, July 20, 2015, 10:05:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

This includes game day, although most have thought it was optional on those days anyways.

@BruceFeldmanCFB: Interesting safety move: Big12 now restricting limit of 2 days per WK for contact (live tackling to ground/full-speed blocking) incl gameday

Hogs run wild

They'll be playing touch football before long.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

Theolesnort

Quote from: Hogs run wild on July 20, 2015, 10:07:27 am
Nawh, they are already playing sissy flag football.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ricepig on July 20, 2015, 10:05:30 am
This includes game day, although most have thought it was optional on those days anyways.

@BruceFeldmanCFB: Interesting safety move: Big12 now restricting limit of 2 days per WK for contact (live tackling to ground/full-speed blocking) incl gameday

In other news, Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby announced today the intent of the conference to drop their P-5 affiliation and move the conference into a 7 on 7 passing league. ;)
Go Hogs Go!

31to6

Quote from: Hogs run wild on July 20, 2015, 10:07:27 am
Big12 has been touch football for a while now.

The only teams that tackle are TCU and K-State. (OU's 5* army sometimes tackles, but only in #SportsCenter #ESPN #NFL moments.)

onebadrubi

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 20, 2015, 10:15:03 am
In other news, Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby announced today the intent of the conference to drop their P-5 affiliation and move the conference into a 7 on 7 passing league. ;)

That's all they want anyways.  Just more ammo for that leagues defense to suffer, Texas to go independent and OU to bolt. 

Hawgphish

rljjr

Will be interesting to watch the offensive turnover statistics not only in fumbles, but in ints due to poor O line play. Will also be interesting to see those stats against non-patsy OOC opponents as well as other Big12 opponents.

WilsonHog

A similar rule was passed in Arkansas high schools last year, limiting the number of padded events per week in high school football. That's a big reason why "B games" have pretty much been eliminated in smaller classifications.

ricepig

Quote from: Tom Bennett on July 20, 2015, 12:36:51 pm
A similar rule was passed in Arkansas high schools last year, limiting the number of padded events per week in high school football. That's a big reason why "B games" have pretty much been eliminated in smaller classifications.

Yeah, it's 3 days a week in high school, so a little different.

redeye

I actually like this move, although it's shocking to see a P5 conference adopt it.

robs4516

I assume it goes into effect for this season? If so, it'll be interesting to see how it affects our game with TT.
First of all, I didn't start it...
Second of all, they were all still alive when I walked out

ricepig

Quote from: robs4516 on July 20, 2015, 02:01:50 pm
I assume it goes into effect for this season? If so, it'll be interesting to see how it affects our game with TT.

@BenKercheval: Kingsbury on Arkansas: I don't think we were prepared mentally for how physical they were last year. #borderlineerotic