Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs to play Baylor soon?

Started by WizardofhOgZ, July 17, 2015, 05:11:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbadhog

Beliema would bit off more than even he can chew if that matchup takes place...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

Killean

Quote from: bigbadhog on July 17, 2015, 05:53:11 pm

Or not
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

Hollywood_HOGan45

I would bet we would be as tough as Central Florida or Michigan State.

I can't take Baylor seriously after winning the big 12 then getting stomped by UCF then having a 28 point lead disappear vs Mich state.

lefty08

LOL

We only hope you would
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Hawgzinbowlz

I attended the '12 Super Regionals in Waco and received very positive feedback, regarding both The Hogs and Jeff Long, from Baylor fans. The fans spoke with respect and regard for Arkansas.
After playing in the SEC West I don't think Art Briles/Baylor would be any more difficult.
Line 'em up and let's go.

" GO HOGS "

ricepig

Or might even bite more, lol as usual with your posts.

GVTD

WTH?

southeasthog

Yep. Bielema wouldn't stand a chance in this game. He sucks. His teams suck. We will always suck as long as he is here. We'll never pass the ball while he is here. He is just waiting for the Iowa job to open up. He embarrasses us on Twitter. He needs to keep his trap shut. He harps on player safety but he is really just whining because he can't beat Gus and all the HUNH teams. It will be a great day when he and that Carpetbagger Long move on..

Did that about cover everything?

(notOM)Rebel123

I believe Baylor's non-conference schedule is set through 2019. Isn't our deal with aTm in Dallas set through 2024, which impacts our non-conf. schedule? But a lot can change over the next 5 seasons. Who knows how good either team will be by that time, much less if the coaches are still around?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: southeasthog on July 17, 2015, 06:44:15 pm
Yep. Bielema wouldn't stand a chance in this game. He sucks. His teams suck. We will always suck as long as he is here. We'll never pass the ball while he is here. He is just waiting for the Iowa job to open up. He embarrasses us on Twitter. He needs to keep his trap shut. He harps on player safety but he is really just whining because he can't beat Gus and all the HUNH teams. It will be a great day when he and that Carpetbagger Long move on..

Hmm... Unless I miss my guess, you're ready for the first game kickoff.

" GO HOGS "

McKdaddy

Ugh, my preference would be for home-and-home games of OOC opponents that either (1) are located in a place I'd like to visit or have enjoyed visiting and/or (2) steeped in tradition.....Tech/Lubboch didn't qualify for my tourism $ in 2014.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

MissippHog

Quote from: McKdaddy on July 17, 2015, 09:05:35 pm
Ugh, my preference would be for home-and-home games of OOC opponents that either (1) are located in a place I'd like to visit or have enjoyed visiting and/or (2) steeped in tradition.....Tech/Lubboch didn't qualify for my tourism $ in 2014.
Exactly what makes the 2018 trip to Ann Arbor in a few years so appealing.

McKdaddy

Quote from: MissippHog on July 17, 2015, 09:15:13 pm

Already excited!

ricepig

Yep, already told my boys to make plans.

McKdaddy

Quote from: ricepig on July 17, 2015, 09:22:32 pm
Yep, already told my boys to make plans.

Yep. I can't book my flight soon enough.

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Choctaw Hog

They definitely looked real scary against W. Virginia, a team that lost to that unstoppable Texas Longhorns 33-16 and against Texas Tech in that 48-46 beat-down and let's not forget that strong finish in their bowl game against the Spartans.

Baylor is nothing more than a second rate-program, playing in a weak conference, using a Mickey Mouse offense, with little to no defense.  I would love for Arkansas to play the Bears a few games. 

Inhogswetrust

Not one bit...........
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Ann Arbor is 100 times a better place and town than Waco.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

McKdaddy

::)

Sivad

Doubt it. More likely a quick pass through the salad bar while prepping for the main course in the SEC.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Augustus

Careful, BBH... it might seem like you have an agenda against our current Coach; and,  instead, favored a "coach" that completely derailed the Razorback Football Program.

And... I'm sure you wouldn't want that.

redeye

I don't know about this one.  We barely have a winning record against Baylor, even though they were an expected win.  On the plus side, they're much more respected today and they're popular with Texas recruits.  I could take or leave this game, though.

Arkansas Fan

Like your boy, Bobby Petrino would.

NuttinItUp

They would be a tougher Texas team than.....you know......Texas.

chitwnhog

Quote from: Augustus on July 17, 2015, 11:09:05 pm
Careful, BBH... it might seem like you have an agenda against our current Coach; and,  instead, favored a "coach" that completely derailed the Razorback Football Program.

And... I'm sure you wouldn't want that.

Nah...he wouldn't want that. That would take away from him stroking Bobby Petrino's....Petrino.

southeasthog

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on July 17, 2015, 09:02:07 pm
Hmm... Unless I miss my guess, you're ready for the first game kickoff.

" GO HOGS "
You know I am Hawgz! Did ya'll keep your same seats?

NuttinItUp

Bacons Rebellion

I believe I prefer the OOC strategy that schedules Michigan and Rutgers over the strategy that grinds through an old SWC lineup.

SemperHawg

You know its the middle of the summer when you start seeing threads about possible 2019 match ups.  And to whoever the clown is talking about Coach B biting off more than he can chew or whatever you implied, that game is (if it happened) is 4 years away.  Coaching tenure averages alone dictate that most likely one of those coaches won't even be at the same school by then.  Enjoy your summer people.

Go Hogs Go!!!

MultipleScoreGasms

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on July 18, 2015, 07:19:38 am
I believe I prefer the OOC strategy that schedules Michigan and Rutgers over the strategy that grinds through an old SWC lineup.

I agree.  I can get excited about a B12 matchup in a bowl game, depending on the team.  Maybe it's an old SWC matchup, or maybe it isn't.  Baylor excites me a little more than Rice. 

(notOM)Rebel123

Does Texas still owe us a game at RRS?

onebadrubi

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on July 18, 2015, 09:14:46 am

Yes but it prolly won't ever happen

Theolesnort

Bielema ain't fraid of sissy football but you are or so it seems. :D
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Jborohog09

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on July 18, 2015, 09:14:46 am

Yea, right now it's scheduled for 2021.  It would make sense to play Baylor in 2020 since their non-conference is full in 2019 and Arkansas hosts Michigan that season.  So far the Hogs have no announced games for 2020 and Baylor has only Louisiana Tech for that season.

robs4516

The article points out that a game in 2019 would be unlikely, due to our already contracted games. However, 2020 would be a possibility. Regardless of the year, I wonder why this even came up. Did the reporter specifically ask about a Baylor/Arkansas game?
First of all, I didn't start it...
Second of all, they were all still alive when I walked out

(notOM)Rebel123

July 18, 2015, 10:23:26 am #38 Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 12:54:13 pm by (notOM)Rebel123
Quote from: Jborohog09 on July 18, 2015, 09:59:33 am
Yea, right now it's scheduled for 2021.  It would make sense to play Baylor in 2020 since their non-conference is full in 2019 and Arkansas hosts Michigan that season.  So far the Hogs have no announced games for 2020 and Baylor has only Louisiana Tech for that season.
Thanks. I thought they still did but wasn't sure.

Art certainly doesn't care for out-of-state coaches holding camps in Texas.
http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/college-football/article/Baylor-s-Briles-protective-of-Texas-from-6391803.php

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: southeasthog on July 18, 2015, 04:58:29 am.
You know I am Hawgz! Did ya'll keep your same seats?
Yes...and you and John?
Also, we're making the trek to ' Jerry's World ' this year...and I'm optimistic it will be a more pleasant ride home than in '14.

" GO HOGS "

ChicoHog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on July 17, 2015, 06:44:35 pm
I believe Baylor's non-conference schedule is set through 2019. Isn't our deal with aTm in Dallas set through 2024, which impacts our non-conf. schedule? But a lot can change over the next 5 seasons. Who knows how good either team will be by that time, much less if the coaches are still around?
Their OOC schedule is probably full of directional schools and hyphenated schools.  They have played a weak non-conf schedule for years now.  You can't control your conf schedule but you can help it out playing some decent OOC games.  time to beef it up Art! 

ChicoHog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on July 17, 2015, 06:02:05 pm
I would bet we would be as tough as Central Florida or Michigan State.

I can't take Baylor seriously after winning the big 12 then getting stomped by UCF then having a 28 point lead disappear vs Mich state.
Agreed.  I hope they lose every game this year.  Them, Oregon and Auburn.  I would love it. 

Pig in the Pokey

that, and jen
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on July 18, 2015, 07:19:38 am
I agree and Baylor was always one of the dirtiest teams we ever played.

Hoggish1

That would be an awsome site to kick Baylor's behind in.  Right?

Vildsvin

Who knows what kind of team Baylor is going to be by the time we play them..

Who knows what kind of team Arkansas is going to be, for that matter.

Im sure no one was all that worried when we decided to schedule Rutgers  :-\

Justagp

I'm hoping you are being factitious...

Hawgzinbowlz

southeasthog

southeasthog

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on July 18, 2015, 08:25:08 pm
Yes...and you and John?
Also, we're making the trek to ' Jerry's World ' this year...and I'm optimistic it will be a more pleasant ride home than in '14.

" GO HOGS "
Oh yeah. I haven't tried to move. We have the best view IMO.

Speaking of Dallas. We'll be tailgating in Lot 10. If you get a chance, come on by. It'll be a mixed crowd as I have Aggie kinfolk but we have a great time.