Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach B's time at Kansas State

Started by Hollywood_HOGan45, July 17, 2015, 12:38:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood_HOGan45

Lots of fans talk about Bielema's time at Wisconsin and how successful it was. 2006, 2009, 2010, and 2011 were especially successful. 2012 was a down year but they backed into the B1G title game and smoked Nebraska 70-31 in Coach's last game before he was named our head coach.

Not alot of of people highlight his time at Kansas State as the Co-DC in 2002 and DC in 2003.
2002- Kansas sate went 11-2 with a Holiday Bowl win over Arizona state. They finished #6 in the Coach's and #7 in the AP.
Kansas state allowed 11.8 points per game in all games with 13.8 points vs Power 5 competition

2003- Kansas State finished #13 in the coach's poll and #14 in the AP. They went 11-4 with a loss against Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl.
KSU allowed 16.2 PPG overall and 14.2 PPG overall.
They beat #1 Oklahoma for the big 12 title in one of the biggest upsets in college football history. Kansas State's defense led by Bielema shut down one of the best offenses ever 35-7.

Just more proof that we have the right man here in Fayetteville.

GVTD

I think it's pretty obvious he learned a lot from Snyder while he was at KState.  They're both top 5 in terms of player development, and seem to place a lot of value on having players with good character. 

Jek Tono Porkins

Yep, that's why I didn't listen to the people who said "Bielema has never rebuilt a program!" when he was hired. That may be true, but he worked for three of the most prolific program-builders in history: Fry, Snyder, and Alvarez. I think he learned a few things from those folks.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on July 17, 2015, 12:55:44 pm
Yep, that's why I didn't listen to the people who said "Bielema has never rebuilt a program!" when he was hired. That may be true, but he worked for three of the most prolific program-builders in history: Fry, Snyder, and Alvarez. I think he learned a few things from those folks.

Great point.  :razorback:

BatesvilleHOG

that's exactly right.

Broyles built Arkansas but Bielema has the potential to take us even further.

:razorback:

Pig in the Pokey

such an amazing resume he has. His only blemish wasn't his fault at all, that's on Coach HornyToad and TheAssClown. All the more reason he is entrenched At Arkansas!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli