Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach B

Started by devildoghawg, July 15, 2015, 03:06:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GolfnHog

Quote from: ChiTown27 on July 15, 2015, 06:46:14 pm
Is there a link to the uncut interview with CBB at SEC Media Days today? I am trying to convince my girlfriend that Arkansas doesn't run a thug program (Fulmer Cup) and this link will serve as great ammo for the cause. She's from Missouri and has been fed a bunch of lines about our team. Help, please!!

ChiTown27, brother she's from the "show me" state. It doesn't matter what you show her, she'll still be in denial.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Bigdavis

Is there an online version of him at the podium? I can't find anything.

Hog N Bama

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 15, 2015, 05:29:59 pm
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2015-07-15/bret-bielema-sec-media-days-arkansas-razorbacks-west-turnaround-recruiting-social-media-borderline-erotic

That is a great article and a pretty important tool for recruiting as well. Bielema has laid out the template that they use to decide if you are good enough, not only as a player but more importantly as a person and student as well, to earn a scholarship offer to Arkansas.

Many of us are parents and many of us either have or have had kids going to play a college sport and have had interaction with a variety of coaches. Some coaches can and will say anything to ink a LOI with a kid. It is far different as a parent when you not only hear a coach say these things, but then see them live it in their program every day, every month, every year, without wavering and making exceptions because it is more convenient and beneficial to them to do so.

If you are a good parent and love your kid, who also just happens to have exceptional athletic ability, you still want to see them supervised in a way that you would approve of when they leave home for college, not only in athletics but in gaining their degree while they spend time at a school, while also having the values of being a good citizen reinforced while they are at it.

Bielema may have embraced these values at Wisconsin, but he is on the "big stage" now and with everyone talking about his strict regimen and rules of what it takes to play at Arkansas, I think a lot more parents of good athletes are going to be climbing on-board the Bielema bandwagon.
Go Hogs Go!

Nosboar Accubond

Where can we find the full video? The one stickied is 3 minutes long

ChiTown27

Quote from: GolfnHog on July 15, 2015, 08:26:59 pm
ChiTown27, brother she's from the "show me" state. It doesn't matter what you show her, she'll still be in denial.

hahaha. So true. Good call out. Thanks.
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
can always depend on the support of Paul."

George Bernard Shaw

Boardon Hamsay

A couple longer clips of CBB

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: MissippHog on July 15, 2015, 04:32:56 pm
CBB: "And I don't call offensive plays...."

Underrated post

Justifiable Hogicide

I love having our Razorback program led by and associated with this man.
What a fabulous appearance by Coach B at the SEC Media Days!
WooPig Coach B :razorback:

AugustaHog

This season can't get here soon enough.  The next 3 weeks are going to be brutal as we await the start of practice.  I'm ready to see what we have!  WPS!

HogWall Jackson

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 15, 2015, 03:56:26 pm
Coach B is very efficient at making statements that will read like candy to a future recruit.  He leaves a trail through the forest that a lot of players can't help but follow.

Large Bears always leave a Trail that a blind man can follow.

Theolesnort

Here is what impresses me about Bielema more than anything. When he recruits a player here and after a transition period it looks like the player is not buying in completely ( missing meeting times, academic problems, not joining in the strength program full bore etc) Bielema will suspend them remove them from the team even invite them to look around and help them transfer and guess what, the majority doesn't get mad and leave but and I don't know if they beg Bielema to give them another chance or what but it seems like he just tells them they are still off the team and if they want back on they will have to earn it by their actions and how they follow through on the things they need to do and then they will be considered for reinstatement. Somehow what he does gets through to them and that he looks out for their best interest and cares for them and so it motivates them to at least try to straiten up and fly right if they can find the self discipline to do so. I am impressed that he has taken care of the attrition problem in such a positive way. It seems that even the malcontents don't want to leave because they believe in him.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Hog Nutt

Added to my "bucket list of things to do", have a beer (or 6) with coach B.

Professor Psychosis

Bielema's podium speech replay should be coming up soon (before 9am Central Time) on SEC Network.  Pinkel was just on.  Heads up for anyone who missed it (like me), or for anyone who wants to watch it again.

DOGALUM

Quote from: ChiTown27 on July 15, 2015, 06:46:14 pm
Is there a link to the uncut interview with CBB at SEC Media Days today? I am trying to convince my girlfriend that Arkansas doesn't run a thug program (Fulmer Cup) and this link will serve as great ammo for the cause. She's from Missouri and has been fed a bunch of lines about our team. Help, please!!
just PIIHB
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

LRHawg

Quote from: Theolesnort on July 16, 2015, 07:35:24 am
Here is what impresses me about Bielema more than anything. When he recruits a player here and after a transition period it looks like the player is not buying in completely ( missing meeting times, academic problems, not joining in the strength program full bore etc) Bielema will suspend them remove them from the team even invite them to look around and help them transfer and guess what, the majority doesn't get mad and leave but and I don't know if they beg Bielema to give them another chance or what but it seems like he just tells them they are still off the team and if they want back on they will have to earn it by their actions and how they follow through on the things they need to do and then they will be considered for reinstatement. Somehow what he does gets through to them and that he looks out for their best interest and cares for them and so it motivates them to at least try to straiten up and fly right if they can find the self discipline to do so. I am impressed that he has taken care of the attrition problem in such a positive way. It seems that even the malcontents don't want to leave because they believe in him.

I have noticed the results of his hard-line approach as well. Being a new parent, I like his style of discipline and have learned a lot from watching how he treats his players.

RebelW

Quote from: goshog on July 15, 2015, 08:25:36 pm
Did anybody else hear him when he was at the desk with Dari Nowkah? Dari was asking him about our big offensive line and if they were athletic enough to get out to the edge for screens and what not. Coach B told him that they worked on those things a whole lot in practice, they were just never called. He kind of had a look that he wanted them to be called more and that we would have success doing it.

Not exact quotes but close enough.

Anyways, it got me excited.

This. I saw that too and how he said it was a nice way of saying JC was an idiot! Lol

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

nchogg

Hawgzinbowlz

He represents the State of Arkansas and the values of Arkansas very well...and we're going to win a large percentage of the games while he is our head coach.

It's just getting started.

" GO HOGS "

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

gmarv

MJ2

If by chance the Hogs win 10+ games this year, obviously opportunities will open for him.   Do you think he waits on the right NFL job or could he be enticed by $'s at another D-1 job?   Will AR end up in some paranoid frenzy and offer him some sort of top 5 pay package to avoid him leaving?

In some respects, this is his "money year" where if things line up he could be rolling in the dough come February.