Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This makes me feel confident!

Started by RebelW, July 15, 2015, 01:04:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RebelW

July 15, 2015, 01:04:06 pm Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 02:18:07 pm by RebelW
Sec Network cast member and past LSU D-Lineman, Marcus Spears said "..the last 3 weeks of season last year, the Razorbacks were the best team in the Nation"

Dr. Starcs

Hate to bring in a stat, but the last 6 games of the season we led the nation in scoring defense.

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: RebelW on July 15, 2015, 01:04:06 pm
Sec Network cast member and past LSU D-Lineman, Marcus Speara said "..the last 3 weeks of season last year, the Razorbacks were the best team in the Nation"
no he didn't.  I watched the whole thing.  He said Trey Flowers was the best defensive player in the SEC and we were one of the best defenses.  He said nothing about us being the best team in the nation.

RebelW

Re watch it I just backed it up and watched it again. Yes he said that about try flowers as well

rwspear

thats a tough claim considering we lost the last game of the regular season.

LRRandy

Quote from: RebelW on July 15, 2015, 01:04:06 pm
Sec Network cast member and past LSU D-Lineman, Marcus Spears said "..the last 3 weeks of season last year, the Razorbacks were the best team in the Nation"
uh, yeah......not so much. You didn't believe that did you? Missouri says hello.
This is fun, isn't it.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: LRRandy on July 15, 2015, 02:55:45 pm
uh, yeah......not so much. You didn't believe that did you? Missouri says hello.

Funny how that game keeps getting forgotten.
[CENSORED]!

LRRandy

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 15, 2015, 02:56:33 pm
it came on the heels of two dominant defensive performances and before a shellacking of a traditional power. I can understand why it's forgotten. I would prefer to focus on three out of four as well.
This is fun, isn't it.

jry04

To be fair, if Allen never was injured we win that game too. We were in control for 3 quarters.

Dr. Starcs

Kinda like Ohio st fans wanted everyone to forget about that vt game in Columbus when it came time to pick teams for the playoff.

LRRandy

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 15, 2015, 03:05:47 pm
Kinda like Ohio st fans wanted everyone to forget about that vt game in Columbus when it came time to pick teams for the playoff.
huh, I don't know what you're talking about. :-)
This is fun, isn't it.

Dr. Starcs

RebelW

LRRandy

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on July 15, 2015, 03:10:00 pm
Lol

Couldn't resist.
not offended. It's part of the message board fun.
This is fun, isn't it.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: jry04 on July 15, 2015, 03:05:43 pm
To be fair, if Allen never was injured we win that game too. We were in control for 3 quarters.

No doubt in my mind that you're right.
[CENSORED]!

GolfnHog

Quote from: jry04 on July 15, 2015, 03:05:43 pm

Certainly the BA injury was a huge issue but the lack of getting the "review" on the Mauk fumble prior to the half was a momentum changer as well.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

hoglady

Not forgotten.
But we did play the second half of that game without BA - even though he was on the field - he shouldn't have been. Hopefully, this year if BA gets hurt we'll  have confidence in someone else to step up.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hawg IQ

Quote from: hoglady on July 15, 2015, 05:40:46 pm
Not forgotten.
But we did play the second half of that game without BA - even though he was on the field - he shouldn't have been. Hopefully, this year if BA gets hurt we'll  have confidence in someone else to step up.
Two thing Mizzou loss, bad replay guy on both the arm going forward and the A Collins fumble, I agree with guy that said Hogs was the best team at the end of the year.
go hogs go !

hawg IQ

Quote from: GolfnHog on July 15, 2015, 05:36:10 pm
Certainly the BA injury was a huge issue but the lack of getting the "review" on the Mauk fumble prior to the half was a momentum changer as well.
exactly and that was 3 points and maybe 7 points erased on the replay botched job by bias ref.
go hogs go !

Bacon_Bitz

i felt in my stomach that we were going to lose as soon as we didnt get the call on the maukward pass.  huge turning point. we will destroy mizzou this year in fayetteville.

Hawgzinbowlz

We will be playing for payback and, quite probably, a high level bowl when the Friday after Thanksgiving rolls around.

Payback is hell...

" GO HOGS "

Dropkick

There will be hell to pay the Friday after Thanksgiving and Mizzou is paying that tab.

PorkSoda

BA was injured and we still almost won...
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hog N Bama

Hoping that punk Mauk won't be on the field talking trash much this time

AugustaHog

Realistically, we cost ourselves 4 games in conference last year.  We should've beaten TAMU, Bama, MSU, and Mizzou.  No excuses or what ifs.  We were good enough to win those games but shot ourselves in the foot.  We are capable of beating all those teams.  We should feel good about our chances going toe to toe with anyone this season.

arkansasrazorback

PorkSoda

Quote from: arkansasrazorback on July 16, 2015, 12:48:57 am
Spears did not say this anyway.
shut yo mouf

Arkansas is the best team in the SEC
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

BluegrassRazorback

Quote from: LRRandy on July 15, 2015, 03:04:50 pm
it came on the heels of two dominant defensive performances and before a shellacking of a traditional power. I can understand why it's forgotten. I would prefer to focus on three out of four as well.

Easy to forget when you got Tomfoolery in the review booth - even with all the help Mizzou got from that official - if Ark had a health BA - it would of looked like Arkansas vs Texas (spit)

Ark is a solid team - looking forward to the season

RebelW

RebelW

If it wasn't said I wouldn't have made the post. Don't accuse me of that. I have it recorded

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: Hog N Bama on July 15, 2015, 10:10:13 pm
Hoping that punk Mauk won't be on the field talking trash much this time

He may not have much to say when he's looking out the helmet earhole.

" GO HOGS "

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: RebelW on July 16, 2015, 09:08:08 pm
If it wasn't said I wouldn't have made the post. Don't accuse me of that. I have it recorded

It's pretty handy to quote who you are responding to so we can all keep up without having to go back through the entire thread and make a guess.
Go Hogs Go!

Doug

Quote from: Dr. StarcsKinda like Ohio st fans wanted everyone to forget about that vt game in Columbus when it came time to pick teams for the playoff.
I certainly didn't... but it's not limited to just the fans, either. The MEDIA "conveniently" forgot, as well.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

trashcan maN

Meh..I didn't think he knew what he was talking about when he picked us to win 3 games last year, and I still don't really care what he has to say about the Hogs.

WPS

jry04

Quote from: hawg IQ on July 15, 2015, 07:30:39 pm
exactly and that was 3 points and maybe 7 points erased on the replay botched job by bias ref.
The blocked FG should have also been a touchdown. The ball was blocked and landed behind the line of scrimmage making it a live ball. Nobody inside the pile gained possession of the ball, and it bounced out of the pile to one of our players. I believe it was Trey Flowers, who returned it for a TD. They called us back to the spot of the blocked FG, thinking someone recovered it in the pile. You can advance a blocked FG if it lands behind the LOS first, which it did.

That Mauk play was huge, too.

gmarv

if ba didn,t get hurt all the other crap would of not made a bit of difference,its a darn shame too,but its just gonna make this years game a lot more interesting.

jry04

Quote from: gmarv on July 17, 2015, 10:19:33 am
if ba didn,t get hurt all the other crap would of not made a bit of difference,its a darn shame too,but its just gonna make this years game a lot more interesting.
Agreed. The sad thing is, the hit that hurt him went unnoticed by many. It was a late hit, where the Mizzou player drove his shoulder into BA's back while BA was on the ground. It was a dirty play, and then when they saw he was hurt they took as many questionable hits on him as they could.