Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RED CRUSH

Started by threeNout, July 14, 2015, 11:01:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

threeNout

July 14, 2015, 11:01:23 am Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 05:13:06 pm by threeNout

EDIT: I had a poorly mixed version of the song uploaded initially, it is now fixed.

Hey Hogville, I've written a hard rocking Razorback anthem for the Bielema era called "Red Crush", something you can pump your fists to.

It's the first song on my music page:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1300088&content=music

I really wanted coach B to be the first to hear it, but I couldn't figure out how to contact him other than twitter, so if any of you Hogville big shots could pull some strings and makes sure he gets this, that'd be awesome!  :)

Go Hogs!

OptimusHog

The beat was good but those lyrics and the pronunciation of "pig soo-eh" were....  :-X

Dwight_K_Shrute

Shouldn't it be Pantone 201 Crush?
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

MS_HogFan

No offense, but that is the worst song I've heard in a long time.
SOOIE

60 Minutes of Hell

Shirley, this is a joke.
What a fool I used to be.

Hawgey-Davidson

Do a reggae type song. CBB will like it better. Sorry three, just couldnt dig it.

PorkRinds

I'm gonna take the advice of thumper's momma.

MissippHog

Quote from: threeNout on July 14, 2015, 11:01:23 am
Hey Hogville, I've written a hard rocking Razorback anthem for the Bielema era called "Red Crush", something you can pump your fists to.

It's the first song on my music page:

I really wanted coach B to be the first to hear it, but I couldn't figure out how to contact him other than twitter, so if any of you Hogville big shots could pull some strings and makes sure he gets this, that'd be awesome!  :)

Go Hogs!
Giving you a +1 for effort alone.  Had a nice rhythm to it but those lyrics can use some work man. 

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: threeNout on July 14, 2015, 11:01:23 am

False advertising.

Are you the male Liz Honey?

TomasPistola

Re eh eh eh.... ed?

ok.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

GingerHog

???.......I can appreciate the effort you put into the song and that it is for the Hogs' upcoming season. I commend you for that. But, with all due respect, that song.....is just bad. The array of different sounds in the song seemed forced and the lyrics just do not mesh and don't sound very good at all.

That being said, if CBB ends up hearing it, I think he will appreciate the effort as well, just not the sound.

WPS!!!  :razorback:

AFWarrior83

Needs more cowbell!!

Seriously though...A for the effort, but F for the song. Poor audio sound, and the lyrics were meh. Sorry for being blunt, but it's better than I could have done, so you got that going for you.
Hogville member since 2005.

WJBilly

Hogsmo Kramer

Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

threeNout

Well, as a song writer, I obviously failed to connect with the audience.

Lyrics seems to be the biggest issue.

20 plus years in the SEC
our glory days just a memory
kicked around, battered and bruised,
what's a small state gonna do?
go get a man who knows how to raise them Hogs
now we're going crush 'em all.

lead the way with a long, white tusk and stomp you in the dust, red crush.

I thought the lyrics were good, but I guess I missed the mark, mis judged what people would want to hear.

fwiw, the sound quality should be good over decent speakers and just about any set of headphones. if you are listening over a phone or on cheap pc speakers, it probably will sound cruddy, like most things will.

My real intent was to get some exposure for my other songs, which I uploaded 8 newly recorded ones this morning along with Red Crush.

Thanks for those who have listened, and thanks for the honest critique, a couple of people said it has a nice beat, so I got that.  :)

OLDHOG

It was hard to listen to but, thanks for the effort.

OptimusHog

Quote from: threeNout on July 14, 2015, 04:51:01 pm

My real intent was to get some exposure for my other songs

Sadly, Red Crush did not encourage me to explore your other songs.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

threeNout

Quote from: OptimusHog on July 14, 2015, 04:55:04 pm
Sadly, Red Crush did not encourage me to explore your other songs.

well, I feel like it was a total failure on my part then, as I have some really good songs that I wanted people to hear.

I guess that's the difference in writing what you want to write versus writing what you think people want to hear.

Anyway, since this song and idea obviously didn't pan out, I'll encourage anyone still paying attention to check out my other songs, all I can tell you is they are quite different than Red Crush.

threeNout

MS_HogFan

Quote from: threeNout on July 14, 2015, 05:04:37 pm
well, I feel like it was a total failure on my part then, as I have some really good songs that I wanted people to hear.

I guess that's the difference in writing what you want to write versus writing what you think people want to hear.

Anyway, since this song and idea obviously didn't pan out, I'll encourage anyone still paying attention to check out my other songs, all I can tell you is they are quite different than Red Crush.

I made a joke about Red Crush earlier but some of the other songs are pretty good. Keep doing what you love.
SOOIE

TomasPistola

Quote from: threeNout on July 14, 2015, 04:51:01 pm
Well, as a song writer, I obviously failed to connect with the audience.

Lyrics seems to be the biggest issue.

20 plus years in the SEC
our glory days just a memory
kicked around, battered and bruised,
what's a small state gonna do?
go get a man who knows how to raise them Hogs
now we're going crush 'em all.

lead the way with a long, white tusk and stomp you in the dust, red crush.

I thought the lyrics were good, but I guess I missed the mark, mis judged what people would want to hear.

fwiw, the sound quality should be good over decent speakers and just about any set of headphones. if you are listening over a phone or on cheap pc speakers, it probably will sound cruddy, like most things will.

My real intent was to get some exposure for my other songs, which I uploaded 8 newly recorded ones this morning along with Red Crush.

Thanks for those who have listened, and thanks for the honest critique, a couple of people said it has a nice beat, so I got that.  :)

I don't think it's the sound quality they actually meant. The mix seems wrong. I listened to it with high quality audio speakers. That's not the problem. And yeah, the lyrics need work too, but hell I wouldn't put myself out there like that and you did. Good job and keep working at it.
You were right.
You did a great job.
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

John Futrall

Needs more cowbell

threeNout

July 14, 2015, 06:14:42 pm #23 Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 06:25:16 pm by threeNout
Quote from: TomasPistola on July 14, 2015, 06:00:37 pm
I don't think it's the sound quality they actually meant. The mix seems wrong. I listened to it with high quality audio speakers. That's not the problem.

writing, performing, recording and mixing everything at home is a challenge, but I thought this song was recorded and mixed pretty well, still a work in progress I guess.

threeNout

Quote from: John Futrall on July 14, 2015, 06:07:02 pm
Needs more cowbell

it's definitely a cowbell kind of song.

lefty08

There are a lot of people on here that can take notes on how to handle a difference of opinion. You have handled yourself with grace, for that alone I'm gonna +1 you. Do what you love and to hell with everyone else
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

threeNout

Quote from: MS_HogFan on July 14, 2015, 05:56:24 pm
I made a joke about Red Crush earlier but some of the other songs are pretty good. Keep doing what you love.

thanks, MS, I still think Red Crush is a good song,  it's 80's hair metal with some tongue in cheek humor and David versus Goliath style lyrics. just not going to be for everyone, I'm probably just getting too old.

and I took no offense in what you said about it.

threeNout

WOO PIG!!
A-R-K-A-N-S-A-S!
RAZORBACKS!
FIGHT!!
YEA!!

20 PLUS YEARS IN THE SEC,
OUR GLORY DAYS JUST A MEMORY,
KICKED AROUND, BATTERED AND BRUISED,
WHAT'S A SMALL STATE GONNA DO?

GO GET A MAN WHO KNOWS HOW TO RAISE THEM HOGS
NOW WE'RE GONNA CRUSH 'EM ALL

RED CRUSH, RED CRUSH
LEAD THE WAY WITH A LONG WHITE TUSK AND STOMP YOU IN THE DUST
RED CRUSH

WOOO PIG SOOIE   WOOO PIG SOOIE

THE BIGGEST OFFENSIVE LINE THE WORLD'S EVER SEEN
FIRING OFF THE BALL, FIERY EYED AND SPITTING MEAN
JWILL AND AC BLASTING THROUGH
WHEN THE RED WALL FALLS ON YOU, WOO!
RED CRUSH

WOOO PIG SOOIE,  WOOO PIG!

RED CRUSH, RED CRUSH
LEAD THE WAY WITH A LONG WHITE TUSK AND STOMP YOU IN THE DUST, WOO!

RED CRUSH

ALL YOU TIGERS, DOGS AND PACHYDERMS
THE HOG IS HERE, HE'S GONNA TAKE HIS TURN
YOU'LL BE FACING A GREAT RED WALL
ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL.

RED CRUSH

fullfan

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 14, 2015, 02:09:35 pm
I'm gonna take the advice of thumper's momma.
It would be a better world if more people would...+1

TomasPistola

Quote from: threeNout on July 14, 2015, 06:14:42 pm
writing, performing, recording and mixing everything at home is a challenge, but I thought this song was recorded and mixed pretty well, still a work in progress I guess.

That's cool. Just giving my thoughts. I'm not a professional musician by any means. Like I said before, I think it's cool you're putting your music out there.
You were right.
You did a great job.

threeNout

Quote from: TomasPistola on July 14, 2015, 07:01:24 pm
That's cool. Just giving my thoughts. I'm not a professional musician by any means. Like I said before, I think it's cool you're putting your music out there.

and I'm listening.

Crush is supposed to be a fun song, but folks should just take it or leave it for what it is. technically, it was a pretty big challenge, my reach may have exceeded my grasp on it.

It's my other songs I really want to "put out there"  Love Bomb, The Drop, Money Ain't Love, History (as presented to us)  etc,

those songs and the others are what I want people to listen to and consider, it'll probably be the biggest audience I'll have a chance at getting.

Cinco de Hogo

I was all about 80's big hair bands, even had a pretty big wig myself.  That sound was not that though and the lyrics could use a lot of work.  I know it might not have been written for commercial success but it could get airtime on Bo's show(or others)if you cleaned it up and persented it to them. 

I would take out identifying thing like AC and JWill for sure.  They might sue you for compensation.  LOL!

The first half of the lyrics were better than the second half.

If you want it to rock then do rock, I real couldn't classify what I was hearing.

ZERO

Next time you're going to make a semi-dickaround song titled after a color and a smashing action, take a lesson from our old buddies Green Jello and their song "Orange Krunch".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOLxZ5XHQqA

+1 to anyone who actually remembers this band.

(Danny Carey and Maynard James Keenan of Tool used to be in this band, if you can find a way to believe it)
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

threeNout

but to keep this a Razorback football discussion, the lyrics of the song paint Bielema as the hero saving the program, and leading us to a championship.

as "a man who knows how to raise those Hogs" he is helping us build the only kind of team that a small state can win a championship with, just bigger and stronger than everyone else, my opinion.

the lyrics "the biggest offensive line the world's ever seen"  obviously tongue in cheek, a reference to all the comparisons to NFL lines we saw last year.

but it'll be close to the truth this year, so I wrote the lyric.

better to crush them with.  :)

TomasPistola

Quote from: ZERO on July 14, 2015, 07:20:32 pm
Next time you're going to make a semi-dickaround song titled after a color and a smashing action, take a lesson from our old buddies Green Jello and their song "Orange Krunch".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOLxZ5XHQqA

+1 to anyone who actually remembers this band.

(Danny Carey and Maynard James Keenan of Tool used to be in this band, if you can find a way to believe it)

Green Jello - 3 Little Pigs. Epic in every way.
You were right.
You did a great job.

secneahog

Just wasnt feeling it.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

threeNout

Quote from: mrp on July 14, 2015, 07:57:18 pm

Good effort and I've heard much worse.

Thank you.

I just encourage anyone who hasn't listened to it yet, to do so with an open mind and not be swayed by those who didn't like it.

MissippHog

threeNout,
I think it would be real cool if you were to continue to work on the song, iron a few things out, and continue to present it to us. 

farmhawg

Quote from: lefty08 on July 14, 2015, 06:17:55 pm
There are a lot of people on here that can take notes on how to handle a difference of opinion. You have handled yourself with grace, for that alone I'm gonna +1 you. Do what you love and to hell with everyone else
Amen.
+1
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

SquidBilly

Listened to this song and I didn't think it was too bad.  As I was listening I kept thinking I'd heard a similar sound before especially in the guitar sound.  Finally figured out that it was Backwater by the Meat Puppets I was thinking of. 

threeNout

Quote from: MissippHog on July 14, 2015, 08:29:46 pm
threeNout,
I think it would be real cool if you were to continue to work on the song, iron a few things out, and continue to present it to us. 

I will consider it.

writing a hard rock song about the Hogs, incorporating familiar cheers, is an idea I had for a while.  Not sure anyone has ever tried such a thing before.

I love the lyrics, I'd would have a hard time changing those, I guess some just didn't get or like them, I'd entertain ideas for a different last verse though.

Nipsey Mussle

Actually, I thought the song was pretty good. It definitely had an 80s feel to it and I think you had good lyrics, 3. My issue, not sure if its my laptop or the song itself, but the music was just off. I'm not a music guy, so I can't really describe it, but I even had trouble understanding you at times because the music was so loud. Still, good work! I recommend everyone listen to this as well as the rest of 3's music.

threeNout

very thankful for the handful of positive comments about the song, it's probably the most ambitious thing I've ever tried musically, it was a lot of work.

I probably needed  a John Fogerty or Steven Tyler to sing it right.

Nosboar Accubond

Not digging it but can appreciate the effort. I'm sure there are some guys that will jam it though. Woo Pig

threeNout

Quote from: BBsTheMan on July 14, 2015, 08:48:13 pm
Actually, I thought the song was pretty good. It definitely had an 80s feel to it and I think you had good lyrics, 3. My issue, not sure if its my laptop or the song itself, but the music was just off. I'm not a music guy, so I can't really describe it, but I even had trouble understanding you at times because the music was so loud.

I think I am going to re-mix it.

It sounds quite good to me on my headphones, and on an earlier CD I played in my truck.

But I added layers to the song since I burned it to CD.

I'm going to burn what I got now on CD and play it on my home stereo system, if it doesn't sound mixed right, I'll know I messed up.

technical hurdles!

Quote from: BBsTheMan on July 14, 2015, 08:48:13 pm
. Still, good work! I recommend everyone listen to this as well as the rest of 3's music.

double thanks for that, maybe Red Crush will make more sense once we get to crushing teams this fall!  Go Hogs!

radioheadhog

Suggestions from someone who has been in the music business for awhile........1. Mix sounds fine.     2. Work on your vocal melodies. This particular song is not very catchy, and the lack of a strong melody is a big part of that.       3. Practice that guitar, man. Got a little ways to go there.   4. Drum machine is too busy at times, and takes away from the cohesiveness of the tune.
    Just some friendly suggestions from a fellow musician and Hog fan. Keep jamming!
"Dude half assed a fair catch call and got smoked.  That should be the headline."

LittlePigMan

Quote from: threeNout on July 14, 2015, 06:53:26 pm

I admit I didn't listen to it but just reading it, it doesn't seem that bad. Maybe I just sing it better in my head than you did. So maybe it's not your writing but your singing.  :P

reddogjcss

I liked it! A+ for effort!!