Where Are Your Feelings About This Upcoming Season

Extremely  High - Can't Wait Championship or Bust
High - Geared To Watch Every Game At Home or In The Stands Right Now
Comme si Comme ca - Hope For The Best Wont Fet At The Worst
Low - Not Feeling The Nostalgia I'm Used To Around This Time
Extremely Low - Don't Care

Hollywood_HOGan45

I voted high.
If Arkansas stays healthy I could see 9-3 with losses to Bama, Auburn, and at UT. I don't think UT is that great but it'll be our first road game.

Kill our opponent in the bowl.

Wisconsin in Orlando.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

For me, 9 is the threshold number.

I think we could/should hit 10.
I'm pleased with 9.
I'm ok with 8.
I'm wondering WTH with 7.

And no.  I'm not thinking Bama is a big game at all as far as meeting expectations this season.  We can still hit 9-10 wins and give up the Bama game.......Which is away and where we're still overmatched.   

THAT is the game that will show we're better than many thought, and this could be a magical season.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

HogFanatic

I voted extremely high.
Arkansas will have a chance to win every game they play this year. If the defense is somehow able to pick up where they left off Arkansas has a REALLY good chance to win the SEC this year.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Arkansas is a team that could go 12-0, because the odds of that happening are extremely slim to any team playing in the SEC, but good lord if your team is pitching shutouts then you don't have to do just a whole lot.

Offensively, the key in my eyes is being able to throw (and complete) a deep ball or two every game. If Reed and Hatcher can combine for a legitimate deep threat each and every game then look out. Arkansas is going to be very good.

I think 10 wins is the low end of what this team will do this year.

TexArkHogFan

We're already 1-0.  Coach B won the SEC Media Days.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

hawg IQ

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on July 15, 2015, 09:41:57 pm
Maybe he is, maybe he isnt. We dont know yet. No one knew who Cam Newton was before he blew it up at Auburn. My point is these posters on Hogville thinking Ole Miss is going to just suck donkey nads because they "dont have a QB" are dead wrong. They will be good. That doesnt mean we cant or wont beat them, it just means they will be good.
Probably no better than the 3 rd string QB at Ohio State last year !?
go hogs go !

jgphillips3

I'm stoked.  I think we will be competitive in every single game.  I see 8-4 as a realistic low side total and the sky is the limit beyond that.  Every win beyond 8 will be gravy for me.

phadedhawg

Very excited.  We have the chance to be better but no expectations of greatness.  These seasons are great because there isn't unrealistic pressure on our team. 

I think we could see 8 wins this year.  Tough schedule. 

widespreadsooie

Quote from: HappyHogFan on July 15, 2015, 08:53:45 am
Troll doesn't mean "posts facts I don't like" nor does it mean "disagrees with me"

Dude is a REAL good QB. Regardless of where he chose to go to school at.

We'll see how good he is after he's played five or six games.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hawgzinbowlz

8-9 is the expectation with a minimal injury year raising the possibility of more.

Talking season is closing out and the real deal is getting close.

Just watched the link with about 8 minutes each of 2014 ; Ole Miss...Texas...LSU...TT.

BA is an excellent play action QB...and CDE should make him even better.

Maybe 10+.

" WOO PIG "

PorkBilly

Quote from: hawg IQ on July 16, 2015, 01:09:15 pm
Probably no better than the 3 rd string QB at Ohio State last year !?

In case any of you missed it, QB is about respect...on and off the field. Kelly was kicked out of Clemson. He was arrested for bar fights before he ever arrived in Oxford. He has a thug mentality. (Characterized by spraying people with AK47's). He has not played a down with any Mississippi players, or against any SeC team. Next, he has no running backs. Both of the last two highly acclaimed RB have transferred. Yes, they have another highly acclaimed back coming in this year, who has not played a down in the SEC....just like the last two. If their left tackle loses eligibility (from beating up his step father and  inciting recruiting violations) they are in deep......Oh, he's not Cam or OS quality. 

hawg IQ

Quote from: elksnort on July 15, 2015, 11:43:34 am
I am hoping for 8-5 with a bowl win. I do think that this team can do this.

My concerns are:
Are we going to adequately replace Philon, Spaight and Flowers? I just can't assume that we will. Robb Smith did one heck of a job last year. Maybe some of the new guys and/or current guys can step up. If there is a drop off with the defense then we got to make it up with more offense and/or special teams.
Do we have a kicker? What about a punter? Do we have someone the other teams fears on kickoff returns and punt returns?
Will our offensive line block better in goal line type situations? Will someone step up and be a deep threat? At least stretch the field vertically. Do we have a "Joe Adams" type guy on offense? Lastly, Brandon Allen has had a tough road at Arkansas. He was put on the field at an extreme disadvantage early on, dealt with injuries, changing coordinators, and had plenty of doubters (like me). How good can he be? If he gets the help needed at receiver and has a very good year, the Razorbacks will win 7 games even if the defense and special teams don't improve.
I will summarize with this: If we can avoid too much drop off on the defensive line,  find a deep threat at receiver and Brandon Allen play like a 5th year Senior, then we should all be happy with this up coming season.

I think with the things you mentioned , quarterback is biggest concern. I know a lot of B Allen supporters around and all, and me to some degree.
  Yet BA made  some game ending mistakes last year when game was on the line. He has to grow up and play up to SEC level, make the play when needed.

Defense, listen anytime you lose players like Flowers, Philon and Spraight, your gonna have some fall off, maybe some, yet I think defense will still be good.
Receiver will be good, we have a lot of options there with top notch tight ends and Keon Hatcher along with a couple of good recruits. Running backs should same or improved with Kody Walker.
Special teams are most suspect and I'll say it.. we have no Joe Adams types on the team.  No body knows about the kicking situations just yet? Teams will not be shocked by Arkansas this year.
  The grueling road schedule seems very tough. Hogs usually get bad calls on the road, it almost historic and should be expected.
  in the end...we could be better and not have any better won-loss record. But still its good to be a hog fan these days !!
go hogs go !

hawg IQ

Quote from: PorkBilly on July 16, 2015, 10:44:39 pm
In case any of you missed it, QB is about respect...on and off the field. Kelly was kicked out of Clemson. He was arrested for bar fights before he ever arrived in Oxford. He has a thug mentality. (Characterized by spraying people with AK47's). He has not played a down with any Mississippi players, or against any SeC team. Next, he has no running backs. Both of the last two highly acclaimed RB have transferred. Yes, they have another highly acclaimed back coming in this year, who has not played a down in the SEC....just like the last two. If their left tackle loses eligibility (from beating up his step father and  inciting recruiting violations) they are in deep......Oh, he's not Cam or OS quality. 
I may have been just a little sarcastic when my comment. Nobody thought Cam Newton would be that good, nor a  3rd sting quarterback at Ohio State.
  I agree with your comments about respect and very good points you made  about "fitting in" or creating a good mix with the team. I think Ol Miss coach is a cheater anyway.
go hogs go !

hammer66

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on July 16, 2015, 12:33:20 pm
For me, 9 is the threshold number.

I think we could/should hit 10.
I'm pleased with 9.
I'm ok with 8.
I'm wondering WTH with 7.

And no.  I'm not thinking Bama is a big game at all as far as meeting expectations this season.  We can still hit 9-10 wins and give up the Bama game.......Which is away and where we're still overmatched.   

THAT is the game that will show we're better than many thought, and this could be a magical season.

Why do u think we're overmatched? Is it based on recruiting rankings?
I'm not trying to give u a hard time, just curious why you think this.

Personally, I believe our players have the belief they're going to win this game. We should've beat em last year and with the # of returners we have this year who played in this game last year, I think bama will be very nervous going into this years game.
Just my thoughts

PorkBilly

Quote from: hawg IQ on July 17, 2015, 11:58:41 am
I may have been just a little sarcastic when my comment. Nobody thought Cam Newton would be that good, nor a  3rd sting quarterback at Ohio State.
  I agree with your comments about respect and very good points you made  about "fitting in" or creating a good mix with the team. I think Ol Miss coach is a cheater anyway.

I sorta thought it was sarcasm.  The bears (and this may become real after the debate of the flag, which has opened up "rebels" for discussion again) are not in the league with Bama and Awbarn when cheating is being ranked. But they are gaining.