High - Geared To Watch Every Game At Home or In The Stands Right Now
Comme si Comme ca - Hope For The Best Wont Fet At The Worst
Low - Not Feeling The Nostalgia I'm Used To Around This Time
Extremely Low - Don't Care

Sportster365

ChiTown27

Quote from: Sportster365 on July 13, 2015, 12:39:00 pm
Feel free to share your reasoning's.

No team will blow us out. If we don't win, it will at least be a late 4th quarter game, and I fully expect us to beat Bama and Tennessee this year (both road games.) We might struggle a little with TAMU and Auburn. All other games should be wins. Just my thoughts, and I'm not being cocky. I just think our style is no longer what most teams prepare to defend against and it will cause problems for them.
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
can always depend on the support of Paul."

George Bernard Shaw

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I've tried to temper enthusiasm, but just can't find any temperance. If we are undefeated leaving Tuscaloosa, then I don't see anyone stopping us this year; but I don't know if Enos and B. Allen can get it done this year... I just don't know but my heart and gut say "Hellz Yeah! Let's rock..!"... 

I guess I would say Hoping for the best expecting great, but wanting awesome and believing it might just be possible, but I can't call it, and Don't care to...

Let's play some ball..! Let's play some ball..! Let's play some ball..!

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hawg IQ

July 13, 2015, 01:23:05 pm #3 Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 07:33:49 pm by hawg IQ
 I think this team will be similar to last years team, difference being this years team has more confidence and that's gets them a couple more games they could win.
  Problem being the schedule. It is very tough this fall . The other issue is quarterback play. We are all hoping for B Allen to have a great year, if so, many good things will happen. The other issues is injuries to key players. if that don't happen, hogs could be good, maybe real good.
go hogs go !

Bigdavis

When I look at this team compared to the other teams in the SEC I just can't see how people aren't picking us higher than they are. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm usually the eternal pessimist and when I'm optimistic we're usually pretty darn good. I'm very optimistic about our chances this season. 

RazrRila99

I havent felt this good about a football season since March 2012.  That said, Im HIGH on the Hogs this year. 

HogWall Jackson

I am OPTIMISTIC more so than since Holtz left. We will continue to improve. I expect 9 wins anything more is great.

The Kig

CBB has been placing the building blocks one by one ever since he got here.  Due to the level of change necessary, it was unlikely that it would yield immediate or fast results.  Is this year the "one" where we finally break through and win it all?  Not sure, but what I do believe deep down for the first time in 40+ years of watching Hog football is that we are going to get there under this coach. 

Winning in the SEC takes a combination of coaching, players, some lucky calls/not getting completely jobbed by some calls, balls bouncing the right way, other teams having issues, scheduling, and  a little pure luck.  The "controllable" variables have been addressed.  The things that fall outside of our control are yet to be determined. 

We are poised for greatness... time to go get it.
Poker Porker

Kevin

More competitive, games will be tight, should have a chance in every sec game.
No sure the win total will be much different than last year
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

WilsonHog

July 13, 2015, 02:18:35 pm #9 Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 02:42:29 pm by Tom Bennett
I'll be happy with 7-5 or better, plus a bowl win. I had a blast at the Texas Bowl last year. I'd like to go to the Music City Bowl this December.

gmarv

I,m very optimistic that this year is gonna be good with a few breaks could be great.

ATLHog

Quote from: ChiTown27 on July 13, 2015, 01:03:27 pm
No team will blow us out. If we don't win, it will at least be a late 4th quarter game, and I fully expect us to beat Bama and Tennessee this year (both road games.) We might struggle a little with TAMU and Auburn. All other games should be wins. Just my thoughts, and I'm not being cocky. I just think our style is no longer what most teams prepare to defend against and it will cause problems for them.
Couldn't have said it better myself...

Hoginsavga

I fit in the "High" category since there is not an option labeled "Highly Nervous".  That's where I fit before each game except for the few cupcakes. However, should we lose to either Texas team that could change the season dramatically because our expections are much higher this year. I don't look for that to happen but we never know until it's over.

My wish for this year is to win the fourth quarter battles in the close games. I think we have the depth in our OL, DL and TEs' to make that happen. The problem I see is every SEC team we face has the potential of beating us, although some more than others. Still, I am counting on a minimum of nine wins in the regular season.

fullfan

I think 8-4 would be a very nice season add in a bowl win and the program is rolling.  It could happen but if you are counting on 5-3 in the SEC you are overly optimistic.  Love the direction CBB and staff have  the program headed.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

ZERO

If things go our way, I could see us competing for the West. I'm thinking 8-5 or 9-4, myself.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

widespreadsooie

I think we could win every game. I don't expect us to come in any game worse than a 6 point dog (Bama). I don't think we will win every game but 10-2 doesn't seem out of reach. OM and TN are so over rated right now it's downright hilarious.

ZERO

Quote from: widespreadsooie on July 13, 2015, 07:15:12 pm
I think we could win every game. I don't expect us to come in any game worse than a 6 point dog (Bama). I don't think we will win every game but 10-2 doesn't seem out of reach. OM and TN are so over rated right now it's downright hilarious.

I started out super confident about the Tennessee game. Now, not so much. On the other hand, I started out not confident at all about the Ole Miss game, and now I think it's pretty winnable. There's a lot of talent on that OM squad, but I tend to forget that their QB position is going to probably be horrible, and the 30-0 beatdown from last season is hard to talk over.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

HogBreath

We're gonna have a chance to win all our games this year.  Really tough schedule, but everyone already knows that.  We need to get better on special teams.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

PonderinHog

Svrdhd

I think we'll be a better team but our record may not reflect it. Auburn will win the West, and we will have our hands full with A&M and TN. Alabama simply owns us, even when we are the better team. And we really need to beat Missouri this year, that 'rivalry' is off to a dismal start. I don't expect much from the MS schools or LSU this year.
  We'll need to capture some of that Auburn voodoo and win a couple of close ones to consider this a great year.
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

hawgrunner

Yep, looking forward to good time again in football!

Phil D

high was my vote 8-4 possibly 9-3. :razorback:
GO HOGS!!!!!!

Pig Worshipper

I believe we'll win around 10 games this year, so, yes, I'm very high on the Hogs this season.

hamsam

It's never championship or bust for me. I'm just proud to have a head coach and his group of assistants on The Hill that are holding the young men accountable for their actions and also turning them in to tough-ass football players!!!
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

devildoghawg

1 conference loss and a bowl win.  We will be good this year.  Maybe better than anyone could imagine.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

Hogwop

I think the potential is there for a great season, up to 11 wins. 9-3 with a bowl win seems likely to me. Love the direction the program is headed and couldn't be more excited for the upcoming season.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

TheRazorback500

I'm gonna stick with 9-3, maybe 10-2 with some breaks and a minimum of injuries.

I'm ready. Woopig.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

jkstock04

I'm in the middle...see 7/8 wins on the schedule. I'm ALWAYS looking forward to football season but my expectations for this team are tempered.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

JeffSpicoli

8 regular season wins is my benchmark. But, it will be a great season to watch. No one will want to play us, and any team that beats us will have earned it. Every team we play will be smoked after they play us. Play Arkansas with your head in the wrong place, and it will be a nightmare for you. It's a good year to be a hog fan.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: ZERO on July 13, 2015, 07:24:24 pm
I started out super confident about the Tennessee game. Now, not so much. On the other hand, I started out not confident at all about the Ole Miss game, and now I think it's pretty winnable. There's a lot of talent on that OM squad, but I tend to forget that their QB position is going to probably be horrible, and the 30-0 beatdown from last season is hard to talk over.

Negative. They picked up a highly rated JUCO recruit in Chad Kelly.

From his player profile from Ole Miss:

"Listed as the top junior college quarterback by Scout.com and the top dual threat quarterback by 247Sports.com, ESPN.com and Rivals.com ... Helped East Mississippi to a 12-0 record and the NJCAA national championship."

They will be very good.

blu

They were competitive and fun to watch last year. They'll be better this year. Looking forward to 8+ wins.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

HOGINTENNESSEE

So many road game and road games back to back scares the crap out of me.

ZERO

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on July 14, 2015, 04:13:52 am
Negative. They picked up a highly rated JUCO recruit in Chad Kelly.

Yeah, everyone knows about "Machine Gun Kelly" by this point, how could they not? I don't know of anyone who is actually impressed by that guy.

MJ2

Hoping for 8+ wins.  Tough conference with good coaches everywhere.   I do wonder what the fan tolerance level will be?   Will it take 10 wins to keep the rumblings low or will most accept an 8 win season (excluding bowl)?  We all remember how recently 8 wins wasn't enough.

Theolesnort

I never pick season records ahead of time, there are just to many variables and things happen to influence the outcome both bad and good. What I see this year heading into the Fall is a offense that seems to have a certain polish and machine like look and it starts with Brandon Allen. Can they add some more pieces and add polish to them too? That remains to be seen. As far as the defense, yes we lost some names but these guys that are left know what they are doing and new names will emerge, many more than what we lost. I still say they will be the strength of the team unless Enos does some amazing things,with his schemes, and I do want to give him that chance.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Vantage 8 dude

I voted "high". With our returning experience, talent and staff we certainly should be better this year by far. The two "ifs" are our avoiding major injuries AND our ability to finally close out games when we're ahead, particularly on the road. No doubt the schedule will once again be pretty brutal (again, no bargains in away games); however, assuming we carried over the things that helped us later in the season last year I think realistically 8-9 wins is certainly "doable". :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

HappyHogFan

I'm high on the Hogs this year.

I expect

9 wins
Cotton Bowl win
1 of those 9 wins to be over Bama. We have got to get off that snide.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: ZERO on July 14, 2015, 07:28:36 am
Yeah, everyone knows about "Machine Gun Kelly" by this point, how could they not? I don't know of anyone who is actually impressed by that guy.

Dude was rated the top dual threat QB recruit and won the National Championship in JUCO last year. Know what other recent JUCO QB did that? Cam Newton.

lefty08

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on July 14, 2015, 11:25:29 pm
Dude was rated the top dual threat QB recruit and won the National Championship in JUCO last year. Know what other recent JUCO QB did that? Cam Newton.

Ok, back the hype train up. Kelly is not Cam. That is just stupid and I just spit my coffee all over the deck. Thanks
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

widespreadsooie

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on July 14, 2015, 11:25:29 pm

Troll

HappyHogFan

Quote from: widespreadsooie on July 15, 2015, 08:08:04 am
Troll

Troll doesn't mean "posts facts I don't like" nor does it mean "disagrees with me"

Dude is a REAL good QB. Regardless of where he chose to go to school at.

nwahogfan1

With renewed energy and a lot more winning confidence I think this year we will win most of those close games we lost last year.  We better.  We have a 5th year QB, 2 Stud RBs and many of our OLM back so no excuses.    Plus our Defense will be pretty darn good.  we gave up around 20 ppg last year after giving up 31 the year before.  I know we lost 3 very good players off that side of the ball but I still have lots of confidence in what is coming back and our Defense Coordinator putting what he has in formations to be most successful.

I will be happy with 8-4 plus a bowl win but I  think we can do better.  BA needs to have a great year.

Bigmac2

Keep the expectations low to reap the rewards when the results are high.

We will be competitive but ball control with time of possession did not always a victory make last year especially after watching the replay of the Miss St game last night. Excited the direction we are going but my enthusiasm is tempered with the total results from last year and what we have coming back such as QB play and linebacker. I am hoping for improvement in one and some replacements in the other. The last half the season last year leads me to believe the expectations should be higher but I still stand by my opening statement.

elksnort

I am hoping for 8-5 with a bowl win. I do think that this team can do this.

My concerns are:
Are we going to adequately replace Philon, Spaight and Flowers? I just can't assume that we will. Robb Smith did one heck of a job last year. Maybe some of the new guys and/or current guys can step up. If there is a drop off with the defense then we got to make it up with more offense and/or special teams.
Do we have a kicker? What about a punter? Do we have someone the other teams fears on kickoff returns and punt returns?
Will our offensive line block better in goal line type situations? Will someone step up and be a deep threat? At least stretch the field vertically. Do we have a "Joe Adams" type guy on offense? Lastly, Brandon Allen has had a tough road at Arkansas. He was put on the field at an extreme disadvantage early on, dealt with injuries, changing coordinators, and had plenty of doubters (like me). How good can he be? If he gets the help needed at receiver and has a very good year, the Razorbacks will win 7 games even if the defense and special teams don't improve.
I will summarize with this: If we can avoid too much drop off on the defensive line,  find a deep threat at receiver and Brandon Allen play like a 5th year Senior, then we should all be happy with this up coming season.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: lefty08 on July 15, 2015, 06:51:30 am
Ok, back the hype train up. Kelly is not Cam. That is just stupid and I just spit my coffee all over the deck. Thanks

Maybe he is, maybe he isnt. We dont know yet. No one knew who Cam Newton was before he blew it up at Auburn. My point is these posters on Hogville thinking Ole Miss is going to just suck donkey nads because they "dont have a QB" are dead wrong. They will be good. That doesnt mean we cant or wont beat them, it just means they will be good.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: widespreadsooie on July 15, 2015, 08:08:04 am
Troll

Yes, because pointing out that a team (that isnt Arkansas) has recruited good players and will probably be good is "trolling."

Some of you guys are unbelievable. You think Arkansas is going to win the Natty every year. And I thought I was homer.........some of you would bet on the Hogs to win the Super Bowl.

duckman

Confident we will be better, 8-9 wins.  Just have a gut feeling that we explode this year though.....

razorsharptusk

I've seen this program get better with each passing year under Coach B.  The team finally turned some big corners last year and I expect them to keep turning them until we are at the top. The confidence level is high.  We finished the year strong last year and had opportunities to have a much better record than what we ended up with.  My expectations are high.  Not championship level high, but very high.
GO HOGS!!

Sportster365

Prior to viewing our schedule I had fairly lofty expectations, nothing less than 8 wins, but I wasn't feeling very excited at all for some odd reason.

But our schedule sets up quite nicely. Were good enough to beat both A&M and Tennessee. Some are predicting that this is the year we beat Bama, if so things could get pretty magical. We'd host Auburn in Razorback Stadium and would face UT Martin in the following game.

An 8-0 record could be highly possible going into a matchup in Oxford facing a new starter behind center. LSU is without a DC and a valid QB for now. While Miss. St and Mizzou will have to play us in our own backyard.

Biggest games for me: A&M, BAMA & Auburn