Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Enos said that he only used 50% of the offense in the Scrimmage

Started by nwahogfan1, May 01, 2015, 09:34:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nwahogfan1

So I for one can't wait until we see the whole package in the Fall. I think with a 5th year QB and a very good OL, RBs and WRs  we can average over 500 ypg this fall.

Woo Pig

supersaint

I love a coach with enough guile and skullduggery to keep his money cards close to his vest.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

thirrdegreetusker

VirginiaHog

If i am not mistaken it was only 50% of what they installed in the spring. They will likely install even more this fall!! Woo Pig!!!

3kgthog

If he used 50% in a scrimmage, that might actually be a pretty tiny playbook.

jjdlc

Our first team O moved the ball at will, wasn't any need to get fancy.  I'm interested to see if we can keep the ball moving in the 4th quarter this season against SEC Defenses.  I saw some things in the spring game that makes me think we'll be able to, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Bacon_Bitz

Week-to-week wrinkles will be just as important as the overall playbook this year.  I felt like last year, Chaney would come up with something that would move the ball pretty well for that week, then the D would figure it out, adjust, and coach up their guys at halftime (Auburn and the wham play, etc.).

I think Enos will have a lot to work with in our playbook and hopefully he's smart enough to come up with a way to keep the ball moving in the second half this season.

20hog11

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on May 01, 2015, 11:15:24 am
Week-to-week wrinkles will be just as important as the overall playbook this year.  I felt like last year, Chaney would come up with something that would move the ball pretty well for that week, then the D would figure it out, adjust, and coach up their guys at halftime (Auburn and the wham play, etc.).

I think Enos will have a lot to work with in our playbook and hopefully he's smart enough to come up with a way to keep the ball moving in the second half this season.

Yeah look at how many successful opening drives we had the last two years. There were several  games that we looked good on the opening drive and couldn't do much after that. The southcar game from two years ago comes to mind. I think Enos will do a better job at adjusting during the game.

ricepig

Quote from: 3kgthog on May 01, 2015, 10:57:26 am
If he used 50% in a scrimmage, that might actually be a pretty tiny playbook.

Well, Chaney was here two years and never installed his playbook, lol.

younghog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 01, 2015, 10:54:25 am
I doubt he used even 25% of his O during the Spring game.

I feel ya.. as if that was 50% .. I'm hoping he was talking about sets :-)

Go Hogs
GO HOGS

razorback44

There was virtually no pre-snap motion which Enos is known for so that's definitely a big piece that wasn't shown.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

Deep Shoat

Quote from: razorback44 on May 01, 2015, 12:25:39 pm
There was virtually no pre-snap motion which Enos is known for so that's definitely a big piece that wasn't shown.
No screens either, which we have been hearing about all spring.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Seebs

We used less that 1% of Jim Chaney's MIT/NASA offense as it was so complex and nuanced that knowing more that 2% of it would cause an aneurysm.

So 50% is great.

Those poor souls at Pitt. 
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

idochog

Sometimes a simplistic approach with suttle nuances can pay big dividends. I have no explanation on why JC left pre snap motion & screens off the table. When you use presnap motion, it helps you determine coverage.
I love Jesus!

razorback44

Quote from: idochog on May 01, 2015, 01:11:35 pm
Sometimes a simplistic approach with suttle nuances can pay big dividends. I have no explanation on why JC left pre snap motion & screens off the table. When you use presnap motion, it helps you determine coverage.

It also gives you more leverage at the point of attack. Watch Chris Petersen call a game with Boise or now Washington. He uses pre-snap motion perfectly.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

ZERO

Quote from: 20hog11 on May 01, 2015, 11:44:24 am
Yeah look at how many successful opening drives we had the last two years. There were several  games that we looked good on the opening drive and couldn't do much after that. The southcar game from two years ago comes to mind. I think Enos will do a better job at adjusting during the game.

Especially 2012. You could bet a fortune we'd be up 10-0 before things started going downhill.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."