Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema PC 4/29

Started by ricepig, April 29, 2015, 02:13:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Bielema: Danenhauer has a significant bone bruise, but no ligament damage. (He's listed as the back-up RG.)

Bielema: If @III_Flowers was on the stock market, I'd buy as much stock as I could buy #WPS

Bielema: Randy Ramsey was enrolled in less than 12 hours this semester, which meant he couldn't participate in spring practice.

Bielema: If Randy Ramsey, Kendrick Edwards and Anthony Brown are eligible by the NCAA and university, I'll make a decision on them then.

ricepig

Bielema: If we could lock JoJo in when he's good JoJo, he'd be in the two-deep. He's gotta prove to me he's all-in.

Bielema: I'm excited because our DL is probably deeper than any DL as I've had as a head coach. And you need that to compete in the SEC #WPS

Bielema: Hjalte Froholdt has all As and Bs, but his only C is in government. That's because he doesn't know our government.

Bielema: @DanEnosUA, @CoachSmithUA and I are going to visit NFL teams in the next month for some professional development #WPS

JackJohnson

Quote from: ricepig on April 29, 2015, 02:13:37 pm
Bielema: Randy Ramsey was enrolled in less than 12 hours this semester, which meant he couldn't participate in spring practice.

Bielema: If Randy Ramsey, Kendrick Edwards and Anthony Brown are eligible by the NCAA and university, I'll make a decision on them then.

How was it possible that he was enrolled in < 12 hours?  I wonder if he dropped a class and didn't tell anyone?  As tight of an academic ship CBB runs, I don't see how that slipped through the cracks unless he dropped a class??

Also- I hope they get their act together and are on the team, but I would LOVE if we were able to redshirt them in order to make sure they have everything taken care of.  A year of sitting and focusing on getting better academically and athletically as well as maturing and adjusting might be just what they need.  We and them would be better in the long run for it

Quote from: ricepig on April 29, 2015, 02:27:12 pm

Bielema: @DanEnosUA, @CoachSmithUA and I are going to visit NFL teams in the next month for some professional development #WPS

Lets hope they go visit sea, pitt, balt, pats.  please stay as far away from cle, oak, jax, tb, chi, wash, etc as you can.  LOTS of really dysfunctional ones out there and really the only ones we need to be going to are the 4 above as they have been the most stable on an annual basis for the past several years.  I would esp go see sea as that is basically our mirror image

PaintballHog

Bielema: Hjalte Froholdt has all As and Bs, but his only C is in government. That's because he doesn't know our government.

I lol'd

wikipedia brown

Is there any audio/video of the presser on the web?

Hambone Hog

Not sure how Ramsey got enrolled with less than 12 hours. In my experience as a college athlete, if you had to drop a class, you had to get a signature from the athletic department before doing so, and your coach would know of the situation when you did drop the class.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hambone Hog on April 29, 2015, 04:13:26 pm
Not sure how Ramsey got enrolled with less than 12 hours. In my experience as a college athlete, if you had to drop a class, you had to get a signature from the athletic department before doing so, and your coach would know of the situation when you did drop the class.

Because of summer school, he probably only needed to sign up for twelve. Then, he likely did really poorly on his first exam, to the point he wasn't going to be able to make it up, so he dropped it instead of taking the grade. That put him below 12.

I had to drop a class under similar circumstances, but I was at 15 hours.

Hambone Hog

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 29, 2015, 04:17:58 pm
Because of summer school, he probably only needed to sign up for twelve. Then, he likely did really poorly on his first exam, to the point he wasn't going to be able to make it up, so he dropped it instead of taking the grade. That put him below 12.

Ah I can see that. That makes sense.

ricepig

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Kenny Hawgins

Lucky kid.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 29, 2015, 04:17:58 pm

Yep.  And a lot of times, athletes will have the bright idea to make changes to their schedules without consulting their academic advisers to find out how the changes will affect their progress towards graduation and/or eligibility.  Dumb.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

OnTheHillHogFan

Because Ramsey was below 12 hours was why he couldn't participate in spring practices because he wasn't a full time student.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

BigBen

If I was guessing on Ramsey I'd say he probably had one of those professors that takes the number of times you miss class seriously and he probably missed a bunch and got dropped

ricepig

Quote from: BigBen on April 29, 2015, 07:29:44 pm
If I was guessing on Ramsey I'd say he probably had one of those professors that takes the number of times you miss class seriously and he probably missed a bunch and got dropped

Possible, but Bielema isn't going to let it get that far. They have people checking up on their attendance. It goes to the position coach first, then to Bielema, when it makes it to him, you're goose is cooked.

Porked Tongue

So many theories. 

You can see why some coaches are not so candid in interviews  People seize on something and lose their minds with worry.

ricepig

Quote from: Porked Tongue on April 29, 2015, 07:40:03 pm
So many theories. 

You can see why some coaches are not so candid in interviews  People seize on something and lose their minds with worry.

Lose their minds?? Nah, most are just trying to figure out how he got down to less than 12 hours. It's off season, you know?

Oklahawg

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on April 29, 2015, 07:19:46 pm
Because Ramsey was below 12 hours was why he couldn't participate in spring practices because he wasn't a full time student.

Players must enroll in 12 hours in the fall and pass 9 or they lose eligibility for the first 4 games of the following season. Similarly, they must enroll in 12 hours in the spring to be allowed to practice. Student-athletes must pass 75% of enrolled courses. Only 25% of accrued credit may be derived from summer school. Students must be 40% towards a degree after two years, 60% after three and 80% after four years. Thus, degree changes can really screw a player around.

http://oregonstate.edu/studentathlete/compliance

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

azhog10

Quote from: JackJohnson on April 29, 2015, 02:55:31 pm
How was it possible that he was enrolled in < 12 hours?  I wonder if he dropped a class and didn't tell anyone?  As tight of an academic ship CBB runs, I don't see how that slipped through the cracks unless he dropped a class??

Also- I hope they get their act together and are on the team, but I would LOVE if we were able to redshirt them in order to make sure they have everything taken care of.  A year of sitting and focusing on getting better academically and athletically as well as maturing and adjusting might be just what they need.  We and them would be better in the long run for it

Lets hope they go visit sea, pitt, balt, pats.  please stay as far away from cle, oak, jax, tb, chi, wash, etc as you can.  LOTS of really dysfunctional ones out there and really the only ones we need to be going to are the 4 above as they have been the most stable on an annual basis for the past several years.  I would esp go see sea as that is basically our mirror image
Guarantee you Ramsey dropped a class without advising his coaches and counselor. When I was in college one of our seniors on the basketball team dropped a class before enrolling in another class and dropped below 12 credits. He was ruled ineligible and couldn't play anymore. If Ramsey dropped a class and went below 12 that's what happens.

Lake City Hog

Regardless of how much we think of certain players and how "great" they could be there will always be those guys that just don't pan out. Be it grades, off- field issues, attitude or sometimes just not up to the task.

It appears to me that BB tells them pretty straight just where they stand, lays out a plan to help them be successful and then holds them accountable. Those that "make it" will be better for it. Those that don't "make it"??? I personally believe that in the long run the program will be better for it.