Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Phil Steele's preseason top 25...

Started by Sow’sEar, April 29, 2015, 08:56:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: BigSexyHog on April 29, 2015, 12:32:41 pm
Ole Miss is not loaded with talent.  They will fall way back this Year.  mark it down

They may fall back, but they've been ranked really high in recruiting every year since Freeze has been there I believe.

While that doesn't guarantee wins, it tends to indicate lots of talent on the team.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

GolfnHog

Well PS's preseason poll did exactly what it was developed to do! Get people talking and discussing the merits of the rankings.

I think that all polls that are currently available for the public viewing should come with the caveat that they don't count and "official rankings" will then be used to determine rankings after the completion of the 4th week of the season.

It would eliminate the preconceived notion that last years results hold standing on what occurs in the current year through week 4.

Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

code red

Quote from: HappyHogFan on April 29, 2015, 12:49:53 pm
How come some of yall don't have your own websites and magazines, I mean you know so much more than Phil right?

By the by, going back to 2005, Phil Steel's magazine was by far the most accurate preseason predictor out there.

http://preseason.stassen.com/prediction-accuracy/2015-10yr.html
It has nothing to do with PS and everything to do with the SEC West.  The gap is closing but it all about finishing.  Heck...you could put a host of West teams in the top 10 and no one could really argue.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Paul

Quote from: code red on April 29, 2015, 12:48:07 pm
Nope won at little rock....I remember the CBS comentator saying we were going to take a knee at half then Cobi Hamilton!!!  Cobi Hamilton!!!!  But my most favorite play was in the 4th Qtr after the TO on 4th and 1 play action fade to Adams.....BOOM!!!  Dang....Bobby could flat coach offense.
FIFY

AugustaHog

One other thing to note about Phil Steele, in his magazines, he usually does a power ranking and a regular poll.  The preseason poll he does, indicates how he thinks a team will finish based off of a variety of factors including difficulty of schedule.  His power ranking is his indicator of how good a team is.  It would be interesting to see his power ranking once he

vol_in_ar