Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBB will be Analyst on NFL Network Draft Coverage

Started by Peter Porker, April 29, 2015, 08:34:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Porker

April 29, 2015, 08:34:52 am Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 09:55:53 am by Peter Porker
Nice pub.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

ifghog

I don't think we have had a Coach the media has liked this much. Many liked Dale but he was embarrassing. CBB  always does a great job. Awesome pub for our program and does nothing but help recruiting.

secneahog

Since BB ALWAYS looks good when he's on tv, then it's amazing pub.

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Pigsfeat

I always envied the publicity that other program's coaches have gotten over the years. Especially the ESPN commercials! Glad to see CBB getting the publicity for our program! I wonder...do they pay the college coaches for something like this?
"You don't eat mayonnaise to be healthy!"
E. Neal

Sivad

Coach B continues to impress.
Woo Pig  :razorback:

Pig in the Pokey

uh oh, now THAT'S perfect. Seriously. Mental association for the kids of CBB=NFL draft!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ifghog on April 29, 2015, 10:16:31 am
I don't think we have had a Coach the media has liked this much. Many liked Dale but he was embarrassing. CBB  always does a great job. Awesome pub for our program and does nothing but help recruiting.
nobody respected dale. he was a clown, a side show. coach b is the man.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Pigsfeat on April 29, 2015, 10:34:35 am
I always envied the publicity that other program's coaches have gotten over the years. Especially the ESPN commercials! Glad to see CBB getting the publicity for our program! I wonder...do they pay the college coaches for something like this?
of course! you work for free??
@Slackaveli

DoggtownHog

The NFL may come calling for Coach B one day. I think he could be a good NFL coach. It would really depend on which franchise it was though.
How stupid a man is depends on where he's standing.

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

Justifiable Hogicide

Paul

Quote from: DoggtownHog on April 29, 2015, 02:20:06 pm
The NFL may come calling for Coach B one day. I think he could be a good NFL coach. It would really depend on which franchise it was though.
. If he's successful enough here for the NFL to want him, he will go with my gratitude & my blessing...Nah!

Mike_e

Frank used to do color on broadcasts, the media liked him pretty well.
Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

I BLEED RBack RED

The 3 things I can't live without are family, my razorbacks, and beer (not in any particular order).

Hog_Swanson

He didn't do this much media stuff while a Wisky, did he?  Woo Pig
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: ifghog on April 29, 2015, 10:16:31 am
I don't think we have had a Coach the media has liked this much. Many liked Dale but he was embarrassing.

I'm grateful whenever Dale shows up on TV these days that his last gig as a coach was Ole Miss.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: DoggtownHog on April 29, 2015, 02:20:06 pm
He said when we hired him that his career goal was to be an NFL coach.  I think it's why he is doing this and also taking his coordinators to NFL training camps.   Don't blame him in the least I just hope we get him long enough to reap all the fruits from his work here.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

ricepig

soooieman

trashcan maN

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on April 30, 2015, 12:34:01 pm
He said when we hired him that his career goal was to be an NFL coach.  I think it's why he is doing this and also taking his coordinators to NFL training camps.   Don't blame him in the least I just hope we get him long enough to reap all the fruits from his work here.
Not calling you out, but I would like to see the context and the exact quote. I don't believe he has ever flat out said he's looking to hop to the NFL when the opportunity arises.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: trashcan maN on April 30, 2015, 12:48:38 pm
Not calling you out, but I would like to see the context and the exact quote. I don't believe he has ever flat out said he's looking to hop to the NFL when the opportunity arises.
I believe it was the Razorback Nation interview with him in his parents home.  He said something to the effect that he has wanted to be an NFL coach his whole life.  I'm sure it's out there somewhere on the interwebs.

trashcan maN

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on April 30, 2015, 12:59:55 pm
I believe it was the Razorback Nation interview with him in his parents home.  He said something to the effect that he has wanted to be an NFL coach his whole life.  I'm sure it's out there somewhere on the interwebs.
Ya I saw those on Youtube. I know what you're talking about

ThisTeetsTaken

immahog

this is great I hope he retires here .....Woo Pig
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

CabotHog87

Was it within the first 15 mins or what? I was on the ESPN broadcast for about the first 15-20 mins.

hogsrolling

never saw him is it in the next couple of days?  maybe covering round 2 and 3?

CabotHog87

BigPapaHawg

This great for the university!!!!  Woo Pig!!!!

WOO PIG

Break & Run

I don't remember him ever saying he WANTS to be an NFL coach soon.  I do remember saying he had interest from a few franchises the year before coming to Arkansas.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: Break & Run on April 30, 2015, 10:51:34 pm
I don't remember him ever saying he WANTS to be an NFL coach soon.  I do remember saying he had interest from a few franchises the year before coming to Arkansas.
See the post above with link.  He interviewed for the Dolphins job.  Don't think he would interview for the job if he didn't WANT it...

jgphillips3

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on May 01, 2015, 07:55:58 am
See the post above with link.  He interviewed for the Dolphins job.  Don't think he would interview for the job if he didn't WANT it...

Well, I don't know about that.  My Dad told me as a young man to always take an interview even if you didn't think you want the job if it could be viewed as a step up.  He may have thought he could leverage leaving for more assistant pay and such from Alvarez.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: jgphillips3 on May 01, 2015, 08:09:09 am
Well, I don't know about that.  My Dad told me as a young man to always take an interview even if you didn't think you want the job if it could be viewed as a step up.  He may have thought he could leverage leaving for more assistant pay and such from Alvarez.
I'm sure that's it.

PorkRinds

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on May 01, 2015, 07:55:58 am

Your original post was that he said his career goal was to be an NFL coach.  Now it's just that he interviewed with an NFL team, so you assume that's a major career goal?  He either said that or he didn't.  I can't imagine him, after just taking our job, basically telling us we are a stepping stone to the NFL in his first major interview.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 01, 2015, 09:28:04 am
Your original post was that he said his career goal was to be an NFL coach.  Now it's just that he interviewed with an NFL team, so you assume that's a major career goal?  He either said that or he didn't.  I can't imagine him, after just taking our job, basically telling us we are a stepping stone to the NFL in his first major interview.
Read my other post where I said that in his interview with Razorback Nation that he said he wants to coach in the NFL.