Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who will be your pick for break out player this year??

Started by hogville38, April 28, 2015, 11:37:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

code red

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on April 30, 2015, 09:13:20 am
Maybe so.  I assumed Kody Walker would fill that role this year.  CBB does seem to like Cantrell quite a bit though. I think it's going to be a good year!
Quality depth across the board with exception of LB and QB.  I like it.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Hogs-n-Roses

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Theolesnort on April 30, 2015, 09:08:09 am
Well it is not just the physical strength of Cantrell that intrigues one about him. Is the reports of his speed from the track team accurate, if so he makes Sprinkle look slow and that is impossible to do. Maybe there is some fact to it but probably some exaggeration too. Still I can't wait and Richard TRG seems sold on him.

If Cantrell is anywhere near as fast as he is advertised to be and he is hard nosed enough to play a dual role of FB/H-Back, he could be an immediate impact player for us. He certainly has the size and he may have really good speed, we'll know more when he puts on the pads. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.
Go Hogs Go!

Hogs-n-Roses

I ve been critical of BA in the past. Now I have to give credit where its due. This kid has been thru the ringer with injuries,coaches changes, system changes, lack of personnel..... I have a sneaking suspicion he is gonna come out and look all world. No body would deserve it more. I m hopin this new OC will have the same affect this year that the new DC had last year.

Theolesnort

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 30, 2015, 09:43:48 am
If Cantrell is anywhere near as fast as he is advertised to be and he is hard nosed enough to play a dual role of FB/H-Back, he could be an immediate impact player for us. He certainly has the size and he may have really good speed, we'll know more when he puts on the pads. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.
I whole heartedly agree but he has to prove himself since nobody will give it to him.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Theolesnort on April 30, 2015, 01:04:09 pm
I whole heartedly agree but he has to prove himself since nobody will give it to him.

Well yeah, that is how it goes at Arkansas these days.
Go Hogs Go!

20hog11

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on April 30, 2015, 10:23:44 am
I ve been critical of BA in the past. Now I have to give credit where its due. This kid has been thru the ringer with injuries,coaches changes, system changes, lack of personnel..... I have a sneaking suspicion he is gonna come out and look all world. No body would deserve it more. I m hopin this new OC will have the same affect this year that the new DC had last year.
You wanna get reeeeally excited? Look at what Enos has done with QB's his first year at pretty much every school he's ever coached at.  I fully believe that your suspicion will come to fruition.  And yes, I do know that rhymed. 
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

lumphog

Quote from: Lake City Hog on April 29, 2015, 10:00:15 pm
I think on offense it will be Brandon Allen, which in turn could mean pretty big seasons for several players. With a better passing game JWill and Collins should see a lot more open lanes.

On defense it will be Brooks Ellis. The move to OLB will really highlight his strengths and allow him to shine.
I agree......good post Lake City

MrThunderhog

BA

predict a season not of a game manager but a late 3rd round draft pick
What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' *******, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass.

Bacon_Bitz

I agree with all the BA excitement. He's finally got the coaching he needs after years of waiting. I'd verb like to see him take off and run with the ball more.

presidenthog

Quote from: lefty08 on April 30, 2015, 06:29:44 am
It's not an obsession, it's a need. Unless he gets in trouble again he will get a shot, and I believe when he does Its gonna be hard to keep him off the field
I never said it was an obsession i clearly stated that there is a will for him to get it all together because he is indeed fast and we indeed have a lack of speed. So until reed gets here he is one of few guys on our team who has the speed to fill the need.

LAHogfan123

I think Brandon Allen will.  Maybe this year he'll shutup his critics and hopefully won't have anyone burn his ride to the ground.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Carl Lazlo

carolinahogger

Quote from: Carl Lazlo on October 25, 2016, 08:25:36 am
My consulting fees are only $100 an hour.

Here are the kicking stats for 2015:

Kicking & Punting

Stats include bowl game

Kicking                                                                    Punting
Rk    Player    XPM    XPA    XP%    FGM    FGA    FG%           Pts    Punts    Yds    Avg
1   Cole Hedlund   58   58   100.0   9   15   60.0   85         
2   Toby Baker                                 43          1772   41.2