Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who will be your pick for break out player this year??

Started by hogville38, April 28, 2015, 11:37:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogville38

I'm going with Josh Harris. You will probably think i'm crazy but I think he will be our best lb before the season is over. If he gets the opportunity.

BatesvilleHOG

I'm gonna go with Jeremy Sprinkle. I think he's vastly underrated is likely the most difficult player on our offense for opposing defenses to match up with.

I also like our top 3 corners, Dean, Collins, and Toliver to be tough to pass on. They might not be the biggest, fastest, or most talented but they are perfect fits for Robb Smiths defense and always seem to execute when they're depended on.

RzRbAcK18

I guess technically it wouldn't be a break out but I have money on JW. I believe we have only seen a slither of what he can offer. If you really look at some of his runs last season he straight runs over some people. I feel like we expect AC to be amazing but IMO JW is the better back by far.

MissippHog

I think there are several on the defensive side that could become household names.  Liddell, Toliver, DJ Dean are a few.  I'm going to go with Brooks Ellis though. 

On the offensive side, Jeremy Sprinkle is going to be a difficult match-up for everyone.  Especially if we have a second and third receiver step up and become solid playmakers for us. 

If a couple of pieces fall into place for us, this could be a scary good team. 

Hawgzinbowlz

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

lefty08

I'm going Hackett on the defense and JoJo on the offense
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

MS_HogFan

SOOIE

heatmiser

Arkansas Razorbacks

ballhogger

I think Santos Ramirez.  He was all over the field in the scrimmage and everything I have heard about him is good.  I just have this feeling he will work his way in the line up.

kibster

I am going with Santos on D.  He has the frame to add 10-15 more lbs this summer and he could really be a force for us in the secondary.

O - Have to go Sprinkle.  I think he is just such a huge mismatch for any team, especially if Hunter is on the field as well.

During the spring game we went 5 wide with Henry and Sprinkle split out.  The flexibility in the run/pass game that those two give us when on the field at the same time will be huge for us this year
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

jackflash

I am going to pick B Allen. I think it will be his best year as a Razorback

The_Iceman

I'm going to try and go outside the box alittle:

Defense: Toliver

Offense: Drew Morgan

hawginbigd1

smb

GeorgiaHOG

hawgwild child

secneahog

Defense. Jared Collins.

Offense. BA.

Loving how he's reading defenses and making accurate passes.
We needed a true qb coach and we have one now.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

trashcan maN

PaintballHog

Paul

Quote from: ballhogger on April 29, 2015, 09:23:23 am
I think Santos Ramirez.  He was all over the field in the scrimmage and everything I have heard about him is good.  I just have this feeling he will work his way in the line up.
noticed him. He looked like a rocket propelled missile!

NLRHog92

Offense has a lot of guys that are ready to pop with potential and could see a big year. I agree with the majority though, Sprinkle it is, with Cornelius in a close second. Defense will be Liddell.

SoCal Hog

My break out player--Denver Kirkland. Will be all SEC and an All-American.
Most of our friends agree that I married better than my wife did.

TeufelHog

Very interested in Froholdt this year and how much/if he contributes.  Guy is gonna be a beast and won't be surprised if he gets significant playing time.

Rockhawg

It is so cool to see so many different names  that are quality players. I am going to go with Winston on defense and Sprinkle on offense. Woo Pig

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on April 29, 2015, 01:56:56 am
B.A.

" WOO PIG "

I think it is between BA, Sprinkle and Ledbetter.

BA is obvious and should be improved, Sprinkle has tremendously improved his stock and Ledbetter is going to wind up being one heck of a DE. He's fast, aggressive and he will lay a hat on you. Better at DE than DT.
Go Hogs Go!

Cletus

See, what had happened was........

Boarmonger

I think Lidell and Sprinkle.  Lidell has seemed so strong at his position and Sprinkle is a freak athlete.  They will not be able to cover both Henry and Sprinkle.

Bacons Rebellion

Carl Lazlo

The Pocahontas Porker

The Pitt Boss ,  The Muss Bus , The DVH Wagon . Coach Diefel , Coach Taylor , Coach Wieber an Coach McMakin life is great on the hill .

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: MS_HogFan on April 29, 2015, 07:27:40 am
Beanum
This. He was my dark horse last year but I believe he turns it up a notch this year. Watched him his senior year of high-school send two kids to the hospital in the same game. The kid will light you up if he gets the opportunity.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Lake City Hog

I think on offense it will be Brandon Allen, which in turn could mean pretty big seasons for several players. With a better passing game JWill and Collins should see a lot more open lanes.

On defense it will be Brooks Ellis. The move to OLB will really highlight his strengths and allow him to shine.

TrueBlue

If things would have turned out different, I would say Vin Ascolese.

But since they are the way they are, I will say Brooks Ellis and Jo Jo.

razorbacksnum1

Hunter Henry on offense...people make judgments based on spring ball. LOL

Brooks Ellis on defense

Medic821

greasy_corner

Swineasaur

Why are you guys obsessed with Jojo? He hasn't shown anything.  Is he ever on the 3 deep chart??

presidenthog

Quote from: Swineasaur on April 30, 2015, 12:13:00 am
Why are you guys obsessed with Jojo? He hasn't shown anything.  Is he ever on the 3 deep chart??
Because he is the fast 4* receiver we recruited and our lack of speed on the outside creates this will to see him put it together and get playing time.

TrueBlue

Quote from: Swineasaur on April 30, 2015, 12:13:00 am

The subject is "break out player".

I am not going to pick BA, AC, or J Will. We EXPECT them to be good.

lefty08

Quote from: presidenthog on April 30, 2015, 12:43:43 am
Because he is the fast 4* receiver we recruited and our lack of speed on the outside creates this will to see him put it together and get playing time.

It's not an obsession, it's a need. Unless he gets in trouble again he will get a shot, and I believe when he does Its gonna be hard to keep him off the field
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 29, 2015, 07:51:44 pm
I think it is between BA, Sprinkle and Ledbetter.

BA is obvious and should be improved, Sprinkle has tremendously improved his stock and Ledbetter is going to wind up being one heck of a DE. He's fast, aggressive and he will lay a hat on you. Better at DE than DT.

It's great to come out of Spring ball with so many potential 'break out players'.
Watching Sprinkle split out made it clear no DB had the size matchup and when he ran it would be difficult for a LB to keep up.
Ledbetter looks quick enough at DE and he is powerful.
On the defensive side I was impressed with Beanum's strength/push and his quickness. The right tackle had his hands full with Beanum.

" WOO PIG "

Theolesnort

It might be a little early since he isn't on campus just yet but I wonder about Austin Cantrell, can he be a freak of nature athlete some are saying he is. If he is the Hback we are looking for, how are his hands at catching the football on flares and wheel routes and other stuff? Somehow I know I am getting ahead of myself but I just can not help it.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

ThisTeetsTaken

The Viking from Denmark Hjalte Froholdt! He has so much raw power and quickness I think he is going to get a lot of time by mid season and really cause some havoc. 

For Offense I'll take Frank the Tank Ragnow.  I think blossoms into a stud this year at guard. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: Theolesnort on April 30, 2015, 08:32:03 am
It might be a little early since he isn't on campus just yet but I wonder about Austin Cantrell, can he be a freak of nature athlete some are saying he is. If he is the Hback we are looking for, how are his hands at catching the football on flares and wheel routes and other stuff? Somehow I know I am getting ahead of myself but I just can not help it.
I figure he redshirts unless there is an injury or two at TE.  I really like his tool bag though.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on April 30, 2015, 08:46:38 am
I figure he redshirts unless there is an injury or two at TE.  I really like his tool bag though.

Bielema made a comment that they are still looking for answers at FB and that someone who reports in May (or this summer) could be a part of that competition. The only two that haven't already reported that could possibly be a part of that competition are Austin Cantrell and C.J. O'Grady. I'm wondering if it might be Cantrell that they try in that role?
Go Hogs Go!

Theolesnort

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 30, 2015, 08:58:32 am
Bielema made a comment that they are still looking for answers at FB and that someone who reports in May (or this summer) could be a part of that competition. The only two that haven't already reported that could possibly be a part of that competition are Austin Cantrell and C.J. O'Grady. I'm wondering if it might be Cantrell that they try in that role?
Well it is not just the physical strength of Cantrell that intrigues one about him. Is the reports of his speed from the track team accurate, if so he makes Sprinkle look slow and that is impossible to do. Maybe there is some fact to it but probably some exaggeration too. Still I can't wait and Richard TRG seems sold on him.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

code red

Quote from: trashcan maN on April 29, 2015, 10:19:41 am
Dominique Reed
Ditto and Wise on Defense.....I know he is in the dog house but he will be starting when its all said and done.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 30, 2015, 08:58:32 am
Maybe so.  I assumed Kody Walker would fill that role this year.  CBB does seem to like Cantrell quite a bit though. I think it's going to be a good year!