Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas Bowl championship belt!

Started by redleg, April 28, 2015, 04:38:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

redleg

Bret Bielema had the 2014 Texas Bowl championship belt buckle trophy made into an actual boxing-style championship belt! Very cool!!!  :razorback:
The Longhorn fans  ::hornsdown:: on the Orangebloods boards are NOT happy! hahahahaha!!!  ;D
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

HogWall Jackson

This was done with good intentions but means nothing more than an Arkansas Teams with a Losing Conference Record beat one of the worst Texas Teams in 50 years 3rd tier Bowl Game. It was a good win for us with some added practice time. Our players got some good additional experience but hardly anything to Boast about.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: HogWall Jackson on April 28, 2015, 05:12:16 pm
This was done with good intentions but means nothing more than an Arkansas Teams with a Losing Conference Record beat one of the worst Texas Teams in 50 years 3rd tier Bowl Game. It was a good win for us with some added practice time. Our players got some good additional experience but hardly anything to Boast about.

Dude.  Get a life.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Richard_white

It meant more for those players and coaches.  And it certainly should mean a lot to all of us who bleed for the Razorbacks.

BearsBisonsBoars

I love it! That game sure meant a lot to me. Not sure how any other Hog fan could feel differently, honestly.

TrueBlue

Just wow.

You don't seem like much to boast about either, but here you are. 

TOM "tbw1"

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on April 28, 2015, 05:39:25 pm
I love it! That game sure meant a lot to me. Not sure how any other Hog fan could feel differently, honestly.

They can't.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

hawgmasta

If Texas and Arkansas were both winless and we beat them like that I would beat my chest! Was an awesome game with true razorbacks playing.

Arctic Hog

Agree.  This was the most excited I've felt about a game since the '77 Orange Bowl.  And yes, I know the Hogs have had some great games in between but this one felt so good after the 2012 debacle.  What can I say, I'm a fan. 

hoghearted

Made me pretty dadgum happy. Not sure why anyone would try to trivialize it.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

popcornhog

In a vacuum, sure. But it sounds like you haven't been paying much attention over the past few years if that's your take away from last season.
WPS

Pigsknuckles

That game was the best possible opportunity for positive exposure that we could have had following two dismal seasons, and we made the best of it. How can anyone here discount the importance of that game to the morale of our program, and fan base? (Rhetorical)
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

oldhawg

In a few short years no one will know anything about this Texas team except that Arkansas beat them 31-7 in a bowl game.  And that is all that counts.  Without looking it up, what can you tell me about the the Texas team that Arkansas beat 38-28?  Must have been a bad longhorn team for the Hogs to score 38 points on them?

Doug

Ut oh, Hogwall Jackson isn't happy with the belt.

Better send it back and ask for a refund. Fire Jeff Long. Fire Bret Bielema. Fire Mike Anderson.

Bring back Houston Nutt as AD. Dickey Nutt as MBB. Danny Nutt as CFB HC.

Dude, seriously... this isn't about you. It never was. After struggling for nearly three years, these players earned every bit of the accolades they got. It's a good damn thing that your mindset isn't running things.

Turn in your fan card. You're not deserving of it. Stuff THAT into your damn pipe and smoke it.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

rljjr

The poor little Texas guy got bent. Well he better get used to it. I watched the Longhorns spring game and if it is possible they are worse than last year. Terrible across the board. Oh, and as for the article, we were never in the Southwestern Conference. Not that facts matter.

DownTownHawg

Being born and bred here, there is nothing I can't think of better than curb stomping texas in a bowl game to end the year . I don't care what our record is and I'm sure there are a lot of people who feel this same ....

Woo Pig

redbarn

Quote from: Doug on April 28, 2015, 06:38:40 pm

Better send it back and ask for a refund. Fire Jeff Long. Fire Bret Bielema. Fire Mike Anderson.

Dude, seriously... this isn't about you. It never was. After struggling for nearly three years, these players earned every bit of the accolades they got. It's a good damn thing that your mindset isn't running things.

Turn in your fan card. You're not deserving of it. Stuff THAT into your damn pipe and smoke it.

Amen Bear
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

TeufelHog

CBB studied, and is very aware of, Hogs vs. Horns football history.  This was a great marketing/media ploy to keep the "rivalry alive."  Piss'em off and sear the memory of the 2015 Texas Bowl win in your "rivals" minds.  Well played CBB, well played!

Until we meet again "Horn Fans" the bragging rights are ours!:: ::hornsdown::

Sir Oinksalot

The Shag bowed down I'm guessing...

Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

Choctaw Hog

April 28, 2015, 07:24:19 pm #20 Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 09:22:06 pm by Choctaw Hog

I'm guessing the players accomplished more in that one game then you have your entire life.  So, go tell them it "means nothing more........".  Trying to minimize other's accomplishments .  It's what losers do.   

GolfnHog

You are no doubt the reason that your family drinks
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Hawgzinbowlz

_______________________________________________________________________________________
When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

You sir, are not a Hog Fan.

" WOO PIG "

LRRandy

boy did you get raked over the coals. Some wounded souls got their feelings hurt. It was a 7 win season folks. Hogwall was just putting it in perspective.
This is fun, isn't it.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: LRRandy on April 28, 2015, 09:01:41 pm
boy did you get raked over the coals. Some wounded souls got their feelings hurt. It was a 7 win season folks. Hogwall was just putting it in perspective.

Not all 7 win seasons are the same.  Put that in perspective. 

BearsBisonsBoars

Pure gold.

MissippHog

Stuff it Randy, we're not buying it.  Hogwall is just peeing in everyone's cheerios.  He isn't offering perspective. 

(notOM)Rebel123

There's an anthill in my yard. Maybe you'd like to come over this weekend & burn them with a magnifying glass?
Geez.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

LRRandy

Quote from: MissippHog on April 28, 2015, 09:30:38 pm
Stuff it Randy, we're not buying it.  Hogwall is just peeing in everyone's cheerios.  He isn't offering perspective.
what about what he said wasn't true. It was a horrible Texas team. It was a third tier bowl game. It was a good win. The team did get extra practice. A cathartic experience for razorback nation to be sure. A bridge to much better things I have no doubt. All in all. Not a very big deal. He put it in great perspective.
This is fun, isn't it.

theFlyingHog

I grew up with a guy that was a big buckeye fan. He was a d-bag too

PonderinHog

Here's your sign.

Anybody

I am still smiling.  Zero stress and great FUN from the opening kick to the final gun at the bowl game. 

GO HOGS 2015 !

MissippHog

Quote from: LRRandy on April 28, 2015, 09:49:17 pm
what about what he said wasn't true. It was a horrible Texas team. It was a third tier bowl game. It was a good win. The team did get extra practice. A cathartic experience for razorback nation to be sure. A bridge to much better things I have no doubt. All in all. Not a very big deal. He put it in great perspective.
Given what this program has been through, it was more than a "good win."  That game carried much more significance than that.  Like I said, IMO, he wasn't putting anything in perspective.  Just simply downplaying what we did to close the season.  It's pretty typical of HV though.  As soon as anyone posts anything positive you have a couple of "realists" pop-in to "keep things real." 

lefty08

Quote from: LRRandy on April 28, 2015, 09:49:17 pm

He said worst Texas team in 50 years Randy, that's not perspective
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

jgphillips3

Well, after that game, many national media thought we may have been the best or second best team in the West, especially at that point in the season, so I think it means quite a bit...especially for national respect.

rickm1976

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on April 28, 2015, 06:18:25 pm
That game was the best possible opportunity for positive exposure that we could have had following two dismal seasons, and we made the best of it. How can anyone here discount the importance of that game to the morale of our program, and fan base? (Rhetorical)

Exactly right.  Some just don't get how big that win was to cap off last season.  We proved we have turned the corner with a win over our historically greatest rival and nemesis.

DeltaBoy

Cool to see it was made about 30 minutes southwest of my house.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Pig in the Pokey

April 29, 2015, 11:22:41 am #37 Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 11:39:11 am by Pig in the Pokey
ummmm, NO! Hell to the No. We BROKE RECORDS against them that have stood forever. The have NEVER been gangbanged quite like that in a century and a half of football. They are Texas, and it was in the TEXAS bowl. They wanted that game bad. They quit before it was over. They wanted to go home to their mommies. They ran off the field like Kevin Love. That was a landmark win in the ARKANSAS vs texass rivalry, dude, and don't you get it twisted!!!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

comments are rich!!!

here's one i liked-
john 1 hour ago 0 0
As a badger fan, I am coming to think that Brett Bielema is not as dumb as I thought he was.
More

Monty 15 hours ago 2 3
One can only hope Arkansas and Wisconsin meet in a bowl game next season.

Considering the linemen Bielema has assembled on both sides of the line, the Hogs would stomp a mudhole in the Badgers and walk it dry.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Sivad

Championship Belts are pretty cool.

Justifiable Hogicide

supersaint

The Texass jabronies need to shut up and know their role. I smell what CBB's cooking. He went to Texas to kick butt and chew bubble gum. He ran out of bubble gum.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

The_Iceman

This is what I pictured when reading this:

jrulz83

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

thirrdegreetusker

Some perspective. At the end of BPs second season, we had to go OT to beat East Carolina in a bowl.

At the end of BBs second season, we stomped one of the historic college football power programs, in their own home state.

Hollywood_HOGan45

I like it.

That Texas bowl is the best thing that could have happened to our football program that season.
Coach B knows that we don't have the tradition of SC, Michigan, Texas, Bama, Ohio State etc etc. He is building this football program his way and trying to create excitement for this football program.

Downplaying this game/season would be a kick in the groin to the kids who suffered through some horrific losses and came back to set records vs Ole Miss, LSU, and Texas.
First time in the HISTORY of college football that an unranked team recorded back to back shutouts vs ranked teams.

I bet a HUGE part of doing this was for recruiting especially in Texas.
Coach Bielema is building the Razorback football brand brick by brick. The Texas Bowl win was a really big springboard for this football program no matter how bad Texas was.

Tequilin' Time

Beating TexASS is beating TexASS!  period, end of story, nuff said!

I enjoy it thoroughly every single time

carry on

Woo Pig!

hawkhawg

I'm Bret Bielema! The Stylin', profilin', limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin' n' dealin' son of a gun! And Texas Bowl Champion"

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on April 29, 2015, 01:44:17 pm
First time in the HISTORY of college football that an unranked team recorded back to back shutouts vs ranked teams.

How can that be? Hogville say BP "top 3 coach" or "best coach we will ever have". So he must have done that kind of stuff two or three times a month.