Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN: Multi-talented TE Hunter Henry poised for big season

Started by jbcarol, April 28, 2015, 11:04:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

ESPN SEC @ESPN_SEC  ·  1 minute ago

Multi-talented TE Hunter Henry poised for big season http://es.pn/1DHKgTv

Quote"He's very talented, very smart," new Arkansas offensive coordinator Dan Enos said. "Has that God-given body, has the character and work ethic to go along with that talent. He's a super player, a great young man. Body control, ball skills, smart route-runner, very good player."

CBB mentions his coming of age lined up against Florida's Ronald Powell.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

razorbacksnum1

Most underrated, under talked about player on the Hogs which is surprising. He's been All SEC both years even as a true freshman. He will have a BIG year, mark it down. They held him out of drills this spring and intentionally did not throw to him a lot in the spring game.

DLUXHOG

I've said it before, but Hunter reminds me so much of Jay Novacek and Jason Witten....................
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: DLUXHOG on April 28, 2015, 02:05:36 pm
I've said it before, but Hunter reminds me so much of Jay Novacek and Jason Witten....................

growing up a cowboys fan I can appreciate the Jay Novaceck reference - he went his whole career underrated as well

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: DLUXHOG on April 28, 2015, 02:05:36 pm
I like the Witten comparison as well.
I've said many times before, if the Hogs don't specifically target Henry at least five times per game, something is wrong. He is that good. He should have a minimum of five plays drawn up for him every game, in addition to whatever else comes his way during game action.
During game prep ESPN asked Nick Saban who on Arkansas's team stands out to him, Saban said Hunter Henry. What should that tell you? Which makes sense, he recruited him.

Dugann

I have heard all this talk about who will be the KEY player this year,or who will have the biggest impact on our season.  I think that the buck stops right here with Hunter Henry.  The way he plays will reflect the way the team goes IMO. 

With the way this system is designed right now TE and a Stud TE has a huge impact.  He has to come up big for us this year.   Bar keep another Bud Light plz... hick up.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

Hawgzinbowlz

Novacek and Witten were both utilized as major weapons in the Cowboys offense. The opposing defenses knew that both would be repeated targets, and couldn't stop them.

Coach Enos will likely use Hunter, consistently, as a weapon. Hunter has been underutilized, at opportune game moments, in his first two years as A Hog. Get the ball to your playmakers, and HH is one of our slam dunk playmakers...HH as a target when we need to move the chains.

" WOO PIG "

hoginla

Big fan of Henry but Sprinkle's going to give him a run for the money this fall.  A 2 TE set with those guys will be hard to stop.
September 8, 2023 19 years w/Hogville!

MissippHog

Quote from: hoginla on April 29, 2015, 05:36:04 am
Big fan of Henry but Sprinkle's going to give him a run for the money this fall.  A 2 TE set with those guys will be hard to stop.
Exactly what I was thinking, except I don't necessarily see Sprinkle as giving him a run for his money.  More of the two complimenting each other.  Add Hatcher into the mix and if we can get one more WR to step up, someone will be open.  Don't forget about JWill and AC3 out of the backfield.  Plenty of weapons this year.

The_Hog_Father

April 29, 2015, 08:08:40 am #10 Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 02:01:03 pm by Pigs in Zen
Quote from: MissippHog on April 29, 2015, 06:38:03 am
Exactly what I was thinking, except I don't necessarily see Sprinkle as giving him a run for his money.  More of the two complimenting each other.  Add Hatcher into the mix and if we can get one more WR to step up, someone will be open.  Don't forget about JWill and AC3 out of the backfield.  Plenty of weapons this year.

Dominique Reed is is in good academic standing and reporting to the Hill for the first Summer Session according to RD.

Edit-- My apologies, Reed is reporting to the Hill AFTER the first Summer Session. I jumped the gun on that, sorry about that.

wooo pig!  :razorback:

MissippHog

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on April 29, 2015, 08:08:40 am
Dominique Reed is is in good academic standing and reporting to the Hill for the first Summer Session according to RD.

I hope so.  That kid can be something special for us.

navyhog24

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on April 29, 2015, 08:08:40 am

He will be that deep threat that we have been lacking since BB got to the hill. Hopefully, they will utilize that speed in play-action on a deep go route

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: navyhog24 on April 29, 2015, 09:10:33 am
He will be that deep threat that we have been lacking since BB got to the hill. Hopefully, they will utilize that speed in play-action on a deep go route
Quote from: MissippHog on April 29, 2015, 09:06:22 am
I hope so.  That kid can be something special for us.

Edit-- My apologies, Reed is reporting to the Hill AFTER the first Summer Session. I jumped the gun on that, sorry about that.

Wooo Pig!!  :razorback:

razorbacksnum1

Quote from: hoginla on April 29, 2015, 05:36:04 am
They said the same thing last year with Derby and HH almost doubled Derby's numbers. They said it his true freshman year and HH beat out a senior and earned All SEC. HH is a gamer and he just keeps getting it done.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: razorbacksnum1 on April 29, 2015, 05:29:15 pm
They said the same thing last year with Derby and HH almost doubled Derby's numbers. They said it his true freshman year and HH beat out a senior and earned All SEC. HH is a gamer and he just keeps getting it done.

Just like Novacek and Witten... get the ball in his vicinity and it is automatic........  he will, absolutely, make the catch......
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)