Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jo Jo

Started by soooieman, April 27, 2015, 08:35:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

soooieman

Where is he? Did he get in trouble? I can't remember

daBoar

The second team offense is not like the second team defense.

soooieman

PaintballHog

Quote from: soooieman on April 27, 2015, 09:01:59 pm
Huh?

He was out there in the red/white game, but played on second team offense. The first team defense didn't let the passing game get going for them, so JoJo didn't get any catches.

soooieman

I see. Hope he improves.

kibster

Quote from: soooieman on April 27, 2015, 09:49:21 pm
I see. Hope he improves.

Don't know if it is much about him improving as much as it is the first team D-Line and second team O-Line, and coupled with an inexperienced quarterback throwing into the first team secondary, there wasn't many chances for JoJo to get the ball.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jcarney12747

They didn't want to show everybody in the world what he can do yet.

soooieman

Quote from: kibster on April 28, 2015, 07:39:43 am
Don't know if it is much about him improving as much as it is the first team D-Line and second team O-Line, and coupled with an inexperienced quarterback throwing into the first team secondary, there wasn't many chances for JoJo to get the ball.
Well, if he's not in the mix with our first string of thin WR's  he really needs to improve.. I was hoping Keon and Jo Jo would stand out and be our top 2 WR's.. I know they split talent to put some on the white team, but they really need him to be a good #2 WR..

Hogs-n-Roses

JoJo = Joe Adams  We'll be seeing lots of him for a long time.

GolfnHog

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on April 28, 2015, 10:17:21 am
JoJo = Joe Adams  We'll be seeing lots of him for a long time.

I love me some Joe Adams as much as any Hog player that came through. That being said, I do hope Jo Jo doesn't have some of the ill timed drops that JA had at key times. In hindsight they seem to diminish with time but:

Before I get mauled (not that I care) but had he made that  1st catch of the Sugar Bowl on the opening drive I'm  sure the complexion of that game would have been a bit different. The failure to "scoop and score" would not have been the defining moment at the end.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

hawginbigd1

He was on the Red team in the second half, just didn't get any opportunities. I don't know about everyone else, but i was not impressed with anybody other than BA under center.

Uncle_dad

I hope he gets back where he belongs- on the first team.

emdavenp

Quote from: GolfnHog on April 28, 2015, 10:31:41 am
I love me some Joe Adams as much as any Hog player that came through. That being said, I do hope Jo Jo doesn't have some of the ill timed drops that JA had at key times. In hindsight they seem to diminish with time but:

Before I get mauled (not that I care) but had he made that  1st catch of the Sugar Bowl on the opening drive I'm  sure the complexion of that game would have been a bit different. The failure to "scoop and score" would not have been the defining moment at the end.

I agree. Wasn't that Horton on the Scoop and Score at the end?

hawginbigd1

Quote from: emdavenp on April 28, 2015, 12:34:16 pm
I agree. Wasn't that Horton on the DID NOT Scoop and Score at the end?

Yes I FIFY

hogfan870

Seems like everybody on here is constantly talking up JoJo and Duwop, but the coaches keep playing Hatcher, Morgan, Cornelious and Hollister.  The idea of a more "electric" reciever sure appeals to me also, just not sure we are going to see a lot of that (though Cornelious may have a little).  Also, I think if JoJo were anywher near as good as Adams he would be first team and you couldn't keep him off the field - no disrespect to JoJo, but Adams was a rare talent - remember, he had offers from everywhere - JoJo - not so much

PaintballHog

Quote from: hogfan870 on April 28, 2015, 12:55:52 pm
Seems like everybody on here is constantly talking up JoJo and Duwop, but the coaches keep playing Hatcher, Morgan, Cornelious and Hollister.  The idea of a more "electric" reciever sure appeals to me also, just not sure we are going to see a lot of that (though Cornelious may have a little).  Also, I think if JoJo were anywher near as good as Adams he would be first team and you couldn't keep him off the field - no disrespect to JoJo, but Adams was a rare talent - remember, he had offers from everywhere - JoJo - not so much

Like Auburn, FSU, LSU, USC, Miami, UCLA, etc?

JoJo was ranked very similar to Joe Adams according to 247.

Jborohog09

Quote from: GolfnHog on April 28, 2015, 10:31:41 am

Don't forget the drop in the end zone right before the half.  Instead of 28-14, it was 28-10 at the break.  He wasn't the only dropping passes that game though, there were like eight or nine total.  DJ Williams dropped a pass right after the blocked kick that would have made it 2nd and short or he could have even got the first down and they could have ran it with Knile.

woodhog14

Jo Jo was committed to Florida State before switching here. Sooooooooooooo...

michaels

only a redshirt Freshman so he has plenty of time.
I'd like to see him contribute and put himself in a position to really start taking some strides to be a playmaker next year

Mike Irwin

You don't get out of Bielema's doghouse overnight. Jo Jo got suspended early on this spring. He was allowed back but he's gonna have to walk the straight and narrow all summer and into next August to get himself back in the mix. Kendrick Edwards is behind him.

hogfan870

Quote from: PaintballHog on April 28, 2015, 01:10:53 pm
Like Auburn, FSU, LSU, USC, Miami, UCLA, etc?

JoJo was ranked very similar to Joe Adams according to 247.

Well those are some big offers, but his visits were to South Florida and TCU.  Not sure how "commitable" all those other offers were.  Joe Adams was commited to USC, which was dominate at that time.  Look, I hope Robinson is better than Adams, I just think if he were he would have been in front of Cornelious last year. 

hogfan870

Quote from: woodhog14 on April 28, 2015, 02:36:20 pm
Jo Jo was committed to Florida State before switching here. Sooooooooooooo...

I don't remember that and it doesn't show on his 247 timeline, but maybe it is true.  Like I said above, I hope he is better than Adams, I just am not buying the hype till he does something

lefty08

Quote from: hogfan870 on April 28, 2015, 05:46:40 pm
Well those are some big offers, but his visits were to South Florida and TCU.  Not sure how "commitable" all those other offers were.  Joe Adams was commited to USC, which was dominate at that time.  Look, I hope Robinson is better than Adams, I just think if he were he would have been in front of Cornelious last year.

Jo Jo was hurt last year, and Cornelius is damn good for a young receiver
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

870hogfan

Quote from: hogfan870 on April 28, 2015, 05:47:43 pm
I don't remember that and it doesn't show on his 247 timeline, but maybe it is true.  Like I said above, I hope he is better than Adams, I just am not buying the hype till he does something

He was committed to Florida State....

PonderinHog

Jo Jo needs to get back to where he once belonged - first team WR.