Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lost a great Razorback Fan today

Started by Großer Kriegschwein, October 04, 2017, 07:21:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Großer Kriegschwein

My grandfather, 85, passed in his sleep last night.

Great man. Broke the mold when they made him. 24 year USAF veteran. 20 year civil servant in the Department of Agriculture.

Listened to the '65 Cotton Bowl on the radio of his follow-me truck on the flight line at Peterson AFB.

We lost a good one today.
This is my non-signature signature.

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 04, 2017, 07:21:10 pm

Great man. Broke the mold when they made him. 24 year USAF veteran. 20 year civil servant in the Department of Agriculture.

Listened to the '65 Cotton Bowl on the radio of his follow-me truck on the flight line at Peterson AFB.

Sorry for your loss, amigo. Prayers for all of your family.
Go Hogs Go!

hassettsportsman

Now he and Frank and so many others can relive that together again!

jimmiewkersh

My prayers for you and your family.  My condolences

grayhawg

Hawgey-Davidson

Prayers for your family. Sounds like a life well lived.

island hog

So sorry to hear about your grandpa.  He was from a generation that sat by the radio on Saturdays listening to their beloved Hogs play. God speed.

snoblind

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

porkinsons disease

This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

Tejano Jawg

Condolences to you and your family, Herr Großer.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

alohawg

October 05, 2017, 03:05:13 am #12 Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 03:22:27 am by alohawg
Condolences, prayers for you and your family.  A great generation suffers another loss.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

casken

Condolences and prayers. Sorry to hear of your loss.
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

Mike_e

Sorry for your loss.

There aren't any words that help you with the loss of your dad but time and time spent remembering the good times will.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

1highhog

Sorry for your loss, his was the same age as my Dad is now, part of a great generation.

DeltaBoy

Prayers sent  Sorry for your loss.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

kappa72202

Sorry for your loss.  May he rest in peace.

Kevin

peace & comfort to you & your family
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

DEVIL DOG HOG

So sorry for your loss. Praying for you and your family.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

GunnerHawg70

Condolences to you and your family...Sending prayers your way - God Bless

swineology

Vantage 8 dude

Truly sorry to hear the news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. May it be of some comfort, how ever little, that he has moved on to a far, far better place and that he awaits in a place where there is no more pain, worries and where the Hogs win every game played.

Jim Harris

I'm sorry for yours and the Razorback family's loss.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

phadedhawg

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss.  Sounds like he lived a life worth admiring. 

Mo_Better_Hogs

Your grandfather sounded like a great man indeed. Peace be with you.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Thank you for your service to our great country. May you rest in peace Dear Sir.
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

Großer Kriegschwein

October 05, 2017, 08:25:16 pm #29 Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 10:34:01 pm by Großer Kriegschwein
Sterling H. Hall, 85, of Searcy, formerly of Batesville, passed peacefully in his sleep Wednesday, October 4, 2017, in Searcy.

Born April 7, 1932 in Marcella, Arkansas, he was the son of James Kelly Hall and Nellie (Boston) Hall.

He was a veteran of the U S Air Force and served in Viet Nam and Korea and was a recipient of the Bronze Star. While in the military, he worked in aircraft maintenance for 24 years. After retiring with the military, he was a grain inspector for the Department of Agriculture for 19 years.

He was always on the move, liked to tinker, and always had a project he was working on. He loved his family unconditionally and was a big part of their lives. He loved spending time with and attending functions with his grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

He is survived by a son, David A. Hall and wife Ann of Jacksonville Beach, Florida; a daughter, Patricia K. Williams of Searcy; three grandchildren, Shawn Maser and wife Susan of Batesville, Steven Williams and wife Vanessa of Leesville, Louisiana, and Amy Varnell and husband David of Austin, Arkansas; seven great-grandchildren, Daniel Maser, Charles McMullen, Myla and Brenna Varnell, and Kathryn, Jackson and Layla Willams; and several nieces and nephews.

He was preceded in death by his parents; wife, Kathryn (Worthen) Hall; and two brothers, Jeffery Hall and O'Dell Hall.

http://rollerfuneralhomes.com/mobile2/obituary.asp?locid=7&id=46514
This is my non-signature signature.

PonderinHog

panhandlepig

He passed peacefully in his sleep.  I love hearing that.  Godspeed Sterling.