Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Re: What is everybody cooking this weekend for the game?

Started by troyer37, August 25, 2015, 11:13:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

troyer37

Well what is everybody thinking for there first weekend of football as far as food goes?

elksnort

immahog

ill be in my man cave so marco's pizza ,tyson wings and beer
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

SpaCityHawg

PorkRinds

I'm doing ribs, smoked sausage, and chicken thighs.  Gonna do my famous smoked beans and some potato salad.  May do some wings for pregame, but I'm not sure yet.  Depends on how much cooking I want to do and how much beer I drink.

rhames

Grilling burgers and sipping on lost 40's honeybach.

First home opener I'm missing in a few years but got a brand new Samsung 55 inch 4k to make up for it
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: immahog on August 25, 2015, 12:13:59 pm
ill be in my man cave so marco's pizza ,tyson wings and beer

For a chain Marco's isn't half bad at least better than the Hut, Domino's or PPJ's IMO.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hogsmo Kramer

Probably gonna smoke a pork butt to use for bbq and maybe a rack of ribs as well as some sausage for a Rendevous style cheese plate, like back home in Memphis, as an appetizer.

Also brewing my house blonde ale tomorrow to hopefully have on tap by Friday night or early Saturday Morning.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

HogNdazs

You said this weekend and that scared me, wouldn't this weekend be 8.28?

Anyways for the game I will be grilling some deer steaks and veggies, usually make some guac as well. Have to make some butter pasta for the toddler.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on August 25, 2015, 01:21:04 pm
For a chain Marco's isn't half bad at least better than the Hut, Domino's or PPJ's IMO.

A'int nothing wrong with The Hut..! Snobby bastage. A Deep Dish Meat lovers  pairs well with a Romanée-Conti 1990...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Fan1958

Quote from: troyer37 on August 25, 2015, 11:13:22 am
Well what is everybody thinking for there first weekend of football as far as food goes?

Always wondered where the weekend is.

Is the game on TV?  Thanks, guys.  Y'all do a great job.  Just wanted to let you know that.

I'll hang up and listen.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

immahog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on August 25, 2015, 01:21:04 pm

yes sir I agree
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

Hook 'em Hogs

bphi11ips

Quote from: Hook 'em Hogs on August 25, 2015, 01:45:22 pm
What game???

Possum innards.  That's the thing about possum innards, they's just as good the next week. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Smalltownhog95

Whatever's made at my buddy's wedding.. Yes he's getting married the first Saturday of football season :-\ >:(
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: Fan1958 on August 25, 2015, 01:38:53 pm
Always wondered where the weekend is.

Is the game on TV?  Thanks, guys.  Y'all do a great job.  Just wanted to let you know that.

I'll hang up and listen.
Monday morning I usually wake up wondering where the weekend is.

And where the aspirins are.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on August 25, 2015, 01:52:21 pm
Whatever's made at my buddy's wedding.. Yes he's getting married the first Saturday of football season :-\ >:(

Friends don't let friends miss opening day of college football.

Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

nchogg

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

AFhawg

Rib tips, hot links and brats.  Get the wife to make some fried rice and pancit.

mhsbc59

Going to have a chili queso, some chili dogs, buffalo chicken dip, its alsum don't knock it, some cocktail weenies and peach cobbler. Add like 15 people and 3 dogs.  Plus all types of beer, mostly micro brew stuff. We are all going to have massive coronary one day.
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

BorderPatrol

This weekend, huh? Let's see, probably a bologna sandwich.

bp

RazorWild

Coors light for breakfast, Sam Adams Octoberfest for Brunch, fried deer steak for lunch.....victory for Pigs

robs4516

Don't think I'll cook anything for this weekend's game.
First of all, I didn't start it...
Second of all, they were all still alive when I walked out

rickm1976

Your buddy's not a Razorback fan?

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: rickm1976 on August 25, 2015, 02:49:36 pm

Ugh. None of my close friends are Hog fans, or even sports fans. I'm run in nerd circles, so loving Football makes me a white crow of sorts. So many weddings and other crap to contend with (and not go to) on game days.

I feel your pain, bro. I feel your pain.

mhsbc59

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on August 25, 2015, 03:03:20 pm

Ugh. None of my close friends are Hog fans, or even sports fans. I'm run in nerd circles, so loving Football makes me a white crow of sorts. So many weddings and other crap to contend with (and not go to) on game days.

I feel your pain, bro. I feel your pain.
Time to become friends with real men lol jk.  My group of friends runs the gambit of former college athletes i play ball with to WoW players.  I can blend with many people lol
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

troyer37

This is an existing thread from last year. I just continued the topic for this upcoming season. A lot of these sound very good!

runich

2:30 game time....so I'll be smoking some pork loin and baby back ribs

Will save the brisket for evening games.

scorekeeper

Quote from: rhames on August 25, 2015, 01:16:18 pm
Grilling burgers and sipping on lost 40's honeybach.

First home opener I'm missing in a few years but got a brand new Samsung 55 inch 4k to make up for it
How is the picture quality on those TVs? Does the quality look as good at home as in the stores?
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

Pigsknuckles

Pork butt roast in the slow cooker, and pork spare ribs on the smoker. I'll let the wife figure out the sides.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: mhsbc59 on August 25, 2015, 03:10:29 pm
Time to become friends with real men lol jk.  My group of friends runs the gambit of former college athletes i play ball with to WoW players.  I can blend with many people lol
But then who would play my vidja games? Those Stars aren't going to Craft themselves, you know.

(In all seriousness though, I was exaggerating a little bit :D)

Back on topic: Burgers & Brats, wings, veggie tray, Shiner Bock, & my wife's awesome apple pie.

LSUFan

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on August 25, 2015, 01:26:00 pm
A'int nothing wrong with The Hut..! Snobby bastage. A Deep Dish Meat lovers  pairs well with a Romanée-Conti 1990...
Damn skippy!
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

mhsbc59

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on August 25, 2015, 04:16:48 pm
But then who would play my vidja games? Those Stars aren't going to Craft themselves, you know.

(In all seriousness though, I was exaggerating a little bit :D)

Back on topic: Burgers & Brats, wings, veggie tray, Shiner Bock, & my wife's awesome apple pie.

the wifes apple pie yall swingers!!! lol

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: mhsbc59 on August 25, 2015, 04:26:33 pm
the wifes apple pie yall swingers!!! lol
Ok, got a great Craigslist joke, but I don't want to get b&.

zane

Quote from: mhsbc59 on August 25, 2015, 02:24:38 pm
Going to have a chili queso, some chili dogs, buffalo chicken dip, its alsum don't knock it, some cocktail weenies and peach cobbler. Add like 15 people and 3 dogs.  Plus all types of beer, mostly micro brew stuff. We are all going to have massive coronary one day.

I feel sorry for your toilet.
RIP LSUfan

mhsbc59

Quote from: zane on August 25, 2015, 05:33:17 pm
I feel sorry for your toilet.

i not at my house going to my buddies house everybody is bring a dish so not my toilet yea!

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: mhsbc59 on August 25, 2015, 02:24:38 pm
mmmm Buffalo Chicken dip. I love buffalo chicken dip.

Highly underrated game day food right there.

mhsbc59

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on August 26, 2015, 11:44:01 am
mmmm Buffalo Chicken dip. I love buffalo chicken dip.

Highly underrated game day food right there.

And very Simple to make just some can chicken, some cream cheese, and like a cup of franks hot sauce with some garlic and onion power, all in a pot heat and stir till combined

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

hawgwild child

lol ewww, im actually skipping my uncles wedding.  step uncle anyways, but to be fair this is his 3rd wedding and they usually dont last more than 2 years. 

LSUFan

I'm going to boil a bushel of blue crabs Saturday, it's peak season.

Probably one of the best tasting animals you will ever put in your mouth.

mhsbc59

Quote from: LSUFan on August 27, 2015, 03:17:57 pm

i have a joke but ill let it go

PharmacistHog

Quote from: LSUFan on August 27, 2015, 03:17:57 pm

Damn you.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

LSUFan

LSUFan