Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Monday bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, March 30, 2015, 08:08:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog Fan from Camden

RB RWIII is going to be a good one. 

"Arkansas incoming freshman running back Rawleigh Williams of Dallas Bishop Lynch recorded an electronic time of 10.77 seconds in the 100 meters on Thursday. It was his second time to run the 100 meters this spring. He ran a 10.84 in his first try."

RyeHogFan

Richard, I saw on Twitter that we have offered a RB from Michigan. What do you know about him?

RyeHogFan

Matt Falcon is the name

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: RyeHogFan on March 30, 2015, 09:22:16 am
Matt Falcon is the name

very highly recruited...might be tough to pull him from the middle of big 10 country but you never know...gotta give it a shot

PaintballHog

We should be able to be in the running for any rb we want. I don't understand how we're not pulling top 5 talent every other year at least to be honest.

gumbohog

And I like the fact that Sam Pittman isn't handing out starting jobs like other coaches!

"(Brandon Autry) has about 10 offers, including Arkansas, Florida, Missouri and Oklahoma. He said offensive line coach Sam Pittman is different from other coaches because he hasn't promised him a starting spot like some coaches."

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: PaintballHog on March 30, 2015, 10:30:18 am
We should be able to be in the running for any rb we want. I don't understand how we're not pulling top 5 talent every other year at least to be honest.

agreed...hopefully Singleton can fix this

Hawgzinbowlz

Matt Falcon is the name
http://iowa.scout.com/player/6520924n-matt-falcon

Open recruiting, Tennessee is in the early lead with many offers coming. CDE

#1 RB in Michigan.

" GO HOGS "

Hawgzinbowlz

Looking forward to RWIII in action at the D-1/SEC level.

" GO HOGS "

PaintballHog

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on March 30, 2015, 11:17:18 am
agreed...hopefully Singleton can fix this

I think Singleton + turning this momentum into W's will pay great dividends in this next class. 

Huds_HawgTide

If early offerd mean much we may have a nice haul of TX and LA kids
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Wildhog

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on March 30, 2015, 01:59:26 pm
If early offerd mean much we may have a nice haul of TX and LA kids

This is the deepest pool of LA talent in a long time.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

carolinahogger

I watched some of the highlights of the Texas RB Pennamon.  I don't know what classification he plays in but he flat outruns the competition, has a good nose for daylight, and caught some passes.  The kid looks good.

MuskogeeHogFan

"Offensive lineman Branton Autry, 6-4, 320 of Coffeyville Community College said he plans to visit Arkansas this spring. A visit to Fayetteville this weekend is a possibility.

He has about 10 offers, including Arkansas, Florida, Missouri and Oklahoma. He said offensive line coach Sam Pittman is different from other coaches because he hasn't promised him a starting spot like some coaches".

Video highlights CLICK HERE

I like this a lot. Pittman not promising you anything, you have to come in and earn it. If you are hesitant about not having a guarantee of playing time, and having to compete for a spot, this is probably not the place for you.

That's sending a big time message to a lot of players, whether JUCO or HS.
Go Hogs Go!

bennyl08

Matt Falcon is the name

He should go into MMA. Falcon Kick! Falcon Punch!
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

blu

RWIII is showing he is legit. Very impressive times. Maybe not elite, but plenty fast for any level of play.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 30, 2015, 05:16:57 pm
"Offensive lineman Branton Autry, 6-4, 320 of Coffeyville Community College said he plans to visit Arkansas this spring. A visit to Fayetteville this weekend is a possibility.

He has about 10 offers, including Arkansas, Florida, Missouri and Oklahoma. He said offensive line coach Sam Pittman is different from other coaches because he hasn't promised him a starting spot like some coaches".

Video highlights CLICK HERE

I like this a lot. Pittman not promising you anything, you have to come in and earn it. If you are hesitant about not having a guarantee of playing time, and having to compete for a spot, this is probably not the place for you.

That's sending a big time message to a lot of players, whether JUCO or HS.

...And if you are willing to put in the time/effort, 'do the right thing' and are talented enough...CSP, CBB and CDE can get you into the NFL.

" GO HOGS "

rlamb

Welcome back Richard

LAHog124

Quote from: Wildhog on March 30, 2015, 02:33:28 pm
This is the deepest pool of LA talent in a long time.
The talent in LA's 2016 class in absolutely ridiculous.
"If there's one thing I hate it's losing. If there's two things I hate it it's losing and getting cancer." -Kenny Powers

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: bennyl08 on March 30, 2015, 05:17:33 pm
He should go into MMA. Falcon Kick! Falcon Punch!

You are the most deliciously geeky dude on the board... Are you a Bronie..?  +1 regardless...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

March 30, 2015, 11:30:47 pm #22 Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 11:43:23 pm by OneTuskOverTheLine™
Quote from: blu on March 30, 2015, 05:40:46 pm
RWIII is showing he is legit. Very impressive times. Maybe not elite, but plenty fast for any level of play.

Vision and memory... If you have that plus agility then speed is not needed to make you elite. Look at Emmit Smith... On the other hand, You can have all 3 and be  Barry Sanders. With our line I'd take either one...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.