Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas has offered a 2015 big man

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, March 28, 2015, 08:48:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

6'10" Kyle Alexander utilizes his 7'4.5" wingspan & crazy bounce to max out the Athlete Institute Vert Test, recording a 9'1.5" standing reach, 12'4" max reach with a 38.5" vertical leap! Absolutely insane physical and athletic measurements!

I'm thinking this falls more in line with a potential transfer than Portis turning pro.

VIDEO:

https://vimeo.com/115650673
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

ses

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: ses on March 28, 2015, 10:28:02 pm
Could Kingsley be transferring?

I doubt it....but if I were to guess (which is exactly what I'm doing) I'd say someone who can graduate this year.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Uncle SI

TT transferring seems more like possibility. Hadn't heard anything, just my opinion.
First time, long time, great topic, love the show.

Swinesong1

Or maybe Anderson is covering all bases like he said in his presser.  Better to get in on a kid now just in case Portis and/or Qualls declare.

hawgfan4life

Maybe when Portis and Kingsley looked like children against KY bigs, he decided we might need another big.  There is almost always someone who leaves for one reason or another.  We will know when the time comes later.

ArkansasI

hawginbigd1

If it is indeed an offer somebody is gone!

Hogimus Prime

Can't see Kingsley or Thompson transferring after what MA said about them in his press conf., though I could be wrong. 

jgphillips3

could be Miles seeing the writing on the wall.

netteltonhog

Miles would be the first Transfer if there are any.  Kingsley or Thompson are NOT transfer options.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: hawgfan4life on March 28, 2015, 10:55:21 pm
Maybe when Portis and Kingsley looked like children against KY bigs, he decided we might need another big.  There is almost always someone who leaves for one reason or another.  We will know when the time comes later.

Didn't watch a lot of other teams play UK did you? They made everyone look like that. Actually most teams looked worse

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: netteltonhog on March 29, 2015, 07:02:44 am
Miles would be the first Transfer if there are any.  Kingsley or Thompson are NOT transfer options.

Yeah, MA in his presser spoke very highly of Thompson and Kingsley and their future. On the other hand he mentioned Miles as a kid that didn't fight for playing time.

The_Iceman

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 29, 2015, 07:10:03 am
On the other hand he mentioned Miles as a kid that didn't fight for playing time.

I'm not sure that's exactly how he phrased it.

HOGINTENNESSEE

March 29, 2015, 07:48:23 am #14 Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 10:38:49 pm by HOGINTENNESSEE
Quote from: The_Iceman on March 29, 2015, 07:25:37 am
I'm not sure that's exactly how he phrased it.

MA quote, "Keaton coming the competition was pretty stiff and Keaton knew that coming in. So, he got hurt there early in the year and I though his confidence was kind of down. But to me he never really did get really heathy or not only that I Don't think he earned the right to have those Mins. You got to earn it."

It's the didn't earn part that I took as not fighting for playing time.

Hawg Red

I would think any departure would yield a big man addition with how many guards we have.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 29, 2015, 08:25:45 am
I would think any departure would yield a big man addition with how many guards we have.

I think we'll take a Big and a tweener.... w/o MQ or BP leaving...

hawgfan4life

Quote from: hawgfan4life on March 28, 2015, 10:55:21 pm

Saw pieces of several games.  True!  They made almost all bigs from most teams look that way.  Your point is?  Kingsly is light and prone to stupid plays and fouls.  Portis is likely gone this year or next.  Do you want Kingsley and Thompson to be our only bigs?

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 29, 2015, 08:25:45 am

That is my line of thinking as well.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

jackflash

I am like Kentucky here. I will take as many big men as I can get.

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: hawgfan4life on March 29, 2015, 09:49:03 am
Saw pieces of several games.  True!  They made almost all bigs from most teams look that way.  Your point is?  Kingsly is light and prone to stupid plays and fouls.  Portis is likely gone this year or next.  Do you want Kingsley and Thompson to be our only bigs?

What do you mean what's his point? You said Portis couldn't play against Ky the man answered.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

NLRHog92

Some tidbits about him:
Duke, Texas, Pittsburgh and Michigan State are all checking in on Kyle Alexander, a 6-foot-10 2015 forward from Orangeville Prep in Ontario.

Duke assistant Nate James called head coach Larry Blunt on Friday, and Pitt and Texas have checked in in recent days. Michigan State invited him for a visit, but no visit dates are set.

"He's 6-10 with a 7-4 wingspan," Blunt told SNY.tv. "He runs faster than our guards and has a knack for blocking shots. His dad was a Division 1 1,000-point scorer and his sister was an All-American at Syracuse and a first-round draft pick in the WNBA. The kid has been playing basketball for three years and his potential is scary."

Due to a wrist injury, Alexander did not make the trip South when Orangeville played last weekend in Washington, D.C., New York and Springfield, Mass., but he normally plays alongside Orangeville Prep stars Thon Maker and Jamal Murray, both of whom are mulling reclassing to 2015 from 2016.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/kylejamal4
Rivals: https://rivals.yahoo.com/lsu/basketball/recruiting/player-Kyle-Alexander-171047

jackflash

770john111

nwahogfan1

With so many teams jumping in on this kid they must see lots of potential.  Can we get him down for a visit?  Do we have any connections to his parents?  We need some IN to help us sway this kid in our favor.

Danny J

Quote from: Swinesong1 on March 28, 2015, 10:47:36 pm
Or maybe Anderson is covering all bases like he said in his presser.  Better to get in on a kid now just in case Portis and/or Qualls declare.

HogFoo

ilike this kid. would love for him to be a hog.  and I wouldn't mind it if KM found another school to play at.  he didn't play hard enough to garnish any playing time yet and what is he a jr already?  I thought he was touted in his transfer as being pretty good and yet we've not seen anything from him.  So, if he did transfer out. it wouldn't bother me at all. We need to go out and get us some men!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Swinesong1

Quote from: HogFoo on March 29, 2015, 10:29:50 pm
ilike this kid. would love for him to be a hog.  and I wouldn't mind it if KM found another school to play at.  he didn't play hard enough to garnish any playing time yet and what is he a jr already?  I thought he was touted in his transfer as being pretty good and yet we've not seen anything from him.  So, if he did transfer out. it wouldn't bother me at all. We need to go out and get us some men!
Miles came here as a junior.