Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dillon Stoner (Jenks, OSU lean)

Started by davispard, March 20, 2015, 09:56:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

davispard

Looks like CBB offered this kid yesterday.  Richard has his highlights.  They are worth viewing.  Out of Jenks, OK, the perrinnel powerhouse in OK.  Should've added that he is a CB/S/WR with 4.45 speed.  And it, the speed, shows in his highlights..

Hoggish1

I like his tape.  Good lean and hands to go along with that speed!

PaintballHog

As I stated in the recruiting tidbits thread from earlier, his tape didn't have much of him playing defense, and his other offers are very underwhelming (we're above competing with AState for recruits).

So there had to be something they really like about the kid that we don't know.

Wildhog

We're not sending out offers this early to anyone that we don't really, really like.  You never know when a kid's recruiting is going to blow up. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on March 20, 2015, 02:59:19 pm
We're not sending out offers this early to anyone that we don't really, really like.  You never know when a kid's recruiting is going to blow up. 

Yeah, if we don't offer until several of our conference foes do, it's "why are we so long to offer", if we're the first, it's.........

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: Hoggish1 on March 20, 2015, 01:20:57 pm
I like his tape.  Good lean and hands to go along with that speed!

If we position him at DB we may see some INT.

" GO HOGS "

PaintballHog

We'll see. Either way I trust BB, I'm just curious on why.

jgphillips3

He's a very good athlete from arguably THE pre-imminent program in Oklahoma; can't hurt at all to get our foot wedged in that door.  His tape is good.  Speed is good.  Looks like he plays smart and has good hands.  I bet he will be picking up offers as time goes on.

philobeddoe

tophawg19

i'm curious as to why 247 doesn't have him rated yet ?
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Oklahawg

Quote from: PaintballHog on March 20, 2015, 04:23:09 pm
We'll see. Either way I trust BB, I'm just curious on why.

Best player on Jenks team as a JR. They were state champs in 6A. Pretty obvious, actually.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: Oklahawg on March 21, 2015, 10:28:00 pm
Best player on Jenks team as a JR. They were state champs in 6A. Pretty obvious, actually.
If you have seen him play what kind of safety is he? Just curious because it seems like he will commit eventually if he doesn't get offers from OU or or OSU.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

PaintballHog

Quote from: Oklahawg on March 21, 2015, 10:28:00 pm

Then why were Astate and Wyoming his only other offers then? We had walkons in the last class more highly sought after. Is he a project or what? If it was that simple then he would be on at least OU or OSU's radar.

Something had to have happened on the visit to get an offer this early.

Fan1958

Quote from: PaintballHog on March 20, 2015, 02:38:16 pm
As I stated in the recruiting tidbits thread from earlier, his tape didn't have much of him playing defense, and his other offers are very underwhelming (we're above competing with AState for recruits).

So there had to be something they really like about the kid that we don't know.

Surely not.  I mean, I'm sure CBB and staff regularly check the Hogville recruiting forum to make certain all agree with their recruiting tactics and the offers they are extending.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on March 20, 2015, 04:21:32 pm
If we position him at DB we may see some INT.

" GO HOGS "

Word... I bet he can return punts and KO's too...  +1
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Arthur pigby sellers.

How many offers did Austin Cantrell have around this time last year when we offered? 
Zero
We were his first offer, and OU offered a few weeks after he committed to us.  CBB has already stated he expects Cantrell to see the field next year.  US being the first offer made a huge impression on Austin and let's hope it does the same for this young man when OU and Okie St come calling. 

Wildhog

Quote from: PaintballHog on March 21, 2015, 11:39:35 pm
Then why were Astate and Wyoming his only other offers then? We had walkons in the last class more highly sought after. Is he a project or what? If it was that simple then he would be on at least OU or OSU's radar.

Jesus, dude.  You need to get a grip.  It's March.
1909/1964/1965/1977

The real Hogules

Or maybe our coaches are working harder at recruiting than the schools that you mentioned who have yet to extend an offer?
If we're offering up a committable offer in March, then we apparently think this kid is a total stud.
I wish that he'd just go ahead and choose to be a Razorback PDQ!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Dude this isn't a week before signing day it's March. This time last year we were the first major offer for Austin Cantrell and he ended being a 4 star on a few recruiting services along with an eventual OU offer.

It's extremely early in the recruiting season

PaintballHog

Quote from: Wildhog on March 22, 2015, 11:01:39 am
Jesus, dude.  You need to get a grip.  It's March.

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 22, 2015, 12:32:36 pm
Dude this isn't a week before signing day it's March. This time last year we were the first major offer for Austin Cantrell and he ended being a 4 star on a few recruiting services along with an eventual OU offer.

It's extremely early in the recruiting season

Crap you guys are right, forgot the recruiting section was was closed for discussion in March. Sorry asking questions freaks you guys out.

Plus Cantrell was already on the radar of OU and OSU when we offered according to Richards old articles, and was offered before he visited. The visit for Stoner is why he received an offer. Different scenarios.

Wildhog

Quote from: PaintballHog on March 22, 2015, 03:03:14 pm
Crap you guys are right, forgot the recruiting section was was closed for discussion in March. Sorry asking questions freaks you guys out.

Plus Cantrell was already on the radar of OU and OSU when we offered according to Richards old articles, and was offered before he visited. The visit for Stoner is why he received an offer. Different scenarios.

Please.  When Brian Wallace wasn't listed first string on the PRE-SPRING DEPTH CHART, you suggested that CBB and staff were lying about his potential.  Now you see an offer you don't like in March, and come very near bashing the kid in the recruiting forum, when you have no idea how many more offers may be coming his way.  It's beginning to look like a have some sort of agenda.  Just grow a pair, for God's sake.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Biggus Piggus

Don't know who I want the Hogs to sign more, Stoner or Messiah. Both!
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Hey goob, it's way to early to worry about anyone's offer list. Way, way, way too early. Worry about it when somebody's offered right before signing day, maybe. Not in the early spring of his junior season. Holy crap. If you are this lacking in awareness, perhaps you should not follow recruiting at all. Or just not post. Maybe that would be the right move. Quit posting.
[CENSORED]!

PaintballHog

Quote from: Wildhog on March 22, 2015, 03:19:14 pm
Please.  When Brian Wallace wasn't listed first string on the PRE-SPRING DEPTH CHART, you suggested that CBB and staff were lying about his potential.  Now you see an offer you don't like in March, and come very near bashing the kid in the recruiting forum, when you have no idea how many more offers may be coming his way.  It's beginning to look like a have some sort of agenda.  Just grow a pair, for God's sake.

Oh please, you've been critical on more than 2 things with this team, and when I do I have an agenda? I already said I trust BB on what he does, I was just wondering on what earned the offer on the visit, because he wasn't expected to get one. Does a simple question bother you that much?

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 22, 2015, 03:25:58 pm
Hey goob, it's way to early to worry about anyone's offer list. Way, way, way too early. Worry about it when somebody's offered right before signing day, maybe. Not in the early spring of his junior season. Holy crap. If you are this lacking in awareness, perhaps you should not follow recruiting at all. Or just not post. Maybe that would be the right move. Quit posting.

I thought this was an area to discuss recruiting, which I thought entailed our targets other offers. If that's against the rules then please point me in the right direction, thanks.

ricepig

The coaching staff liked him, how do we know they hadn't planned to offer him? We hear what the player says, and never what the staff is thinking.

Wildhog

Quote from: PaintballHog on March 22, 2015, 04:55:01 pm
Oh please, you've been critical on more than 2 things with this team, and when I do I have an agenda? I already said I trust BB on what he does, I was just wondering on what earned the offer on the visit, because he wasn't expected to get one. Does a simple question bother you that much?

I thought this was an area to discuss recruiting, which I thought entailed our targets other offers. If that's against the rules then please point me in the right direction, thanks.

I don't bash recruits or players. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

PaintballHog

Quote from: ricepig on March 22, 2015, 04:57:11 pm
The coaching staff liked him, how do we know they hadn't planned to offer him? We hear what the player says, and never what the staff is thinking.

Richard seemed surprised that he got one also. He wasn't in his orginal tidbits, but a 7 o'clock update.

PaintballHog

Quote from: Wildhog on March 22, 2015, 05:14:04 pm
I don't bash recruits or players.

Neither do I. But you were very critical of coaches.

logand02

I wonder how much interest we have in his teammate? I believe he has visited or at least attended camps here.

http://247sports.com/Player/Austin-Quillen-34194

He and Dillon would be welcome additions, imo.

ricepig

Quote from: PaintballHog on March 22, 2015, 05:29:22 pm
Richard seemed surprised that he got one also. He wasn't in his orginal tidbits, but a 7 o'clock update.

What position does Richard hold on the staff?

Oklahawg

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on March 21, 2015, 10:51:17 pm
If you have seen him play what kind of safety is he? Just curious because it seems like he will commit eventually if he doesn't get offers from OU or or OSU.

Plays fast. You notice him in games when you watch. Seems a bit smallish but plays bigger than the listed size. Jenks is a highly disciplined and extremely well-coached team. Deep in bodies, too. Saw a 4-star who went to OU last year and Stoner impressed me just as much, if not more. Certainly, he is a cerebral player which adds a layer to the mix.

He and Quillen are both solid prospects. Quillen is listed as bigger, which I am not sure is accurate. Certainly, Stoner needs to keep growing to be "optimum". We don't know when Stoner's stats were updated last. Sometimes the player's keep reporting data from summer camps or team weigh-in.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

I would hope that Biggus' warning is sufficient for PaintBallHog. Recruiting forum has special rules about these things.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: Oklahawg on March 22, 2015, 07:22:44 pm
Plays fast. You notice him in games when you watch. Seems a bit smallish but plays bigger than the listed size. Jenks is a highly disciplined and extremely well-coached team. Deep in bodies, too. Saw a 4-star who went to OU last year and Stoner impressed me just as much, if not more. Certainly, he is a cerebral player which adds a layer to the mix.

He and Quillen are both solid prospects. Quillen is listed as bigger, which I am not sure is accurate. Certainly, Stoner needs to keep growing to be "optimum". We don't know when Stoner's stats were updated last. Sometimes the player's keep reporting data from summer camps or team weigh-in.
Thanks.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Hawgzinbowlz

It's beneficial to have a recruiting staff that recognizes talent and walks the walk when it comes to, 'we recruit to our needs and don't pay attention to recruiting service stars or who else has offered'.

CBB and Staff saw a player that fit our profile and offered.
Good to see the start of a relationship with a player of need, and from Jenks.

" GO HOGS "

intelligence

Great that just what the football team needs. A stoner