Started by The Recruiting Guy, March 19, 2015, 10:31:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgzinbowlz

Good size for Tre Lamar = Linebacker

Jeffrey McCulloch showed well at the Opening Regional = Linebacker

" GO HOGS "

The Recruiting Guy

logand02

Richard is there any reason to think Austin Quillen will receive an offer? Don't know if Dillon Stoner and Austin want to play together in college. 

reddogjcss

Hawgzinbowlz

Dillon Stoner certainly overmatch's his opponents. Nice speed.

" GO HOGS "

PaintballHog

His highlights were okay, not many of him on defense. Wonder what coach saw in him on the visit.

Vantage 8 dude

March 20, 2015, 08:56:35 am #7 Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 10:43:37 am by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: PaintballHog on March 20, 2015, 08:38:25 am
His highlights were okay, not many of him on defense. Wonder what coach saw in him on the visit.
Well gosh, who knows why CBB does what he does? Maybe, just maybe, the coaches have other information/evaluation tools at their disposal that you and I don't have. In any event if CBB and RS feel he's worth an offer then who am I (or even you) to question why? BTW I have a feeling that with only 25 scholarships to offer most years the staff isn't going to be frivolous in its handing out offers.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 20, 2015, 08:56:35 am
Well gosh, who knows why CBB does what he does? Maybe, just maybe, the coaches have other information/evaluation tools at their disposal that you and I don't have. In any event if CBB and RS feel he's worth an offer then who am I (or even you) to question why? BTW I have a feeling that with only 25 scholarships to offer most years the staff isn't going to be frivolous in its handing out offers.
Midol...

PaintballHog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 20, 2015, 08:56:35 am

Uhh that's exactly what I was saying. He's unranked, with below average offers compared to the talent we got in last class, so there had to be something that they really liked about the kid. Which is what I was asking about, not questioning BB.

Huckleberry Pig

Vantage 8, take a hint from the kids last name and roll one up - you seem tense

Paintball I have the same question

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on March 20, 2015, 05:40:31 pm
Vantage 8, take a hint from the kids last name and roll one up - you seem tense

Paintball I have the same question
Thanks for the advice, dad. BTW my point is that CBB and the staff have a heck of a lot more information/film on him then do any of us. While the available clips might not have personally blown the particular poster away they obviously intrigued the coaching staff enough to extend the offer. And let's also recall that just because a kid may not have many great offers/have 4 or 5 stars NOW certainly doesn't mean that won't necessarily change later in the year. One other thing: how many people on here tend to b$tch if we're not necessarily the first team or so to offer? And yes, the gripping DOES happen far more than I think many of us would like.

Athog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 20, 2015, 05:51:43 pm
Thanks for the advice, dad. BTW my point is that CBB and the staff have a heck of a lot more information/film on him then do any of us. While the available clips might not have personally blown the particular poster away they obviously intrigued the coaching staff enough to extend the offer. And let's also recall that just because a kid may not have many great offers/have 4 or 5 stars NOW certainly doesn't mean that won't necessarily change later in the year. One other thing: how many people on here tend to b$tch if we're not necessarily the first team or so to offer? And yes, the gripping DOES happen far more than I think many of us would like.

You mean Hogville does not do the evaluation. The upper deck would be close for most to a football field. LOL!!

OLDHOG

He must be one of the uncommon coach B seeks. That's good enough for me.

Huckleberry Pig

If I'm a dad for telling ya to roll one up, I win coolest dad of the year.

I always trust our coaches and know they know best - doesn't mean I'm not curious as to why they do some of the things they do.  Don't think anyone is questioning the offer or doubting his ability or the coaches ability.  I'd just like to know more about the kid and what we like about him. 

Maybe we will find out more down the road.  And if our coaches have enough faith to offer him, I hope he chooses us.  Just nice to know the reasoning sometimes when the scenario isn't as clear.

WPS