Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Agim crystal ball.

Started by HogsOfAnarchy, March 15, 2015, 07:20:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogsOfAnarchy

Noticed a few crystal ball pics for Agim lately. Now 50-50 with arkansas and Oklahoma. Anyone think there's a reason for the sudden pics for us or is it just an educated guess for the ones picking?

yraciv

Those OU picks are way back from April and June. The 3 updates from the this month are all Arkansas.  Two neutral writers and 1 Arkansas guy.

jb11

It is just recruiting gurus picking who they think. They are a lot of the times wrong. Especially this early in the process.

Hawgzinbowlz

The coaches are building a solid relationship with Agim. I think he'll want to be a part of what we're building.

" GO HOGS "

HOGINTENNESSEE

Nobody is recruiting him harder than us. It helps OU's DL coach left for the NFL

bigdaddyhawg

I can think of only a few things worse than a fan base getting all anxious every time the wind changes direction in Hope, AR.

Our staff is recruiting their butts off to get this guy.  If we shoot our best shot and the kid wants to go somewhere else, then what can you do?

Can we wait at least until a couple of weeks before his announcement date to get all worked up on Mr. Agim?
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on March 16, 2015, 09:49:19 am
I can think of only a few things worse than a fan base getting all anxious every time the wind changes direction in Hope, AR.

Our staff is recruiting their butts off to get this guy.  If we shoot our best shot and the kid wants to go somewhere else, then what can you do?

Can we wait at least until a couple of weeks before his announcement date to get all worked up on Mr. Agim?

I don't really see anyone getting 'worked up' but you have been around here long enough to know that a kid of this caliber is going to be talked about and worried about from here until February...nature of the beast

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on March 16, 2015, 11:16:23 am
I don't really see anyone getting 'worked up' but you have been around here long enough to know that a kid of this caliber is going to be talked about and worried about from here until February...nature of the beast

Yep.  Nature of a beast that won't or can't seem to find perspective on these kids.

Still, I try my best to offer some.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on March 16, 2015, 11:21:28 am
Yep.  Nature of a beast that won't or can't seem to find perspective on these kids.

Still, I try my best to offer some.

fair enough...im guilty sometimes of worrying about it too much although I usually wait until at least the fall before I get that into it, ha

whosiskid

Barton Simmons just switched his prediction to Arkansas, so that just leaves the pro Oklahoma people thinking he might go there.

I think perception is pretty important. Although we bash KJ Hill here a lot (and I am one of the ones who thinks it is justified - I think he has done a dumb thing by going out of state) the turn around in recruiting in 2015 was when KJ committed to Arkansas. Suddenly a number of others were more interested in Arkansas, including Will Gragg, who was under the impression that he and KJ were going to room together in college. Before Capps committed, the general feeling about 2016 was that Capps might not go to Arkansas and Agim probably wouldn't. Now the feeling is that Capps (obviously) is going to go to Arkansas while Agim probably is. That makes a lot of other kids see the program in a different light. So while it is true that for Agim himself right now is no big deal, but others seeing us as a place where Agim is likely to go is a big deal.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

hawgwash

i don't want to sound too worked up so i'm using all lower case letters and will refrain from explanation marks and emoticons.  i noticed a new crystal ball pick just today for the hogs. this one is from national recruiting analyst barton simmons.  this makes 4 picks for arkansas in the last 5 days and brings the total to 5 for arkansas vs 3 for oklahoma.

hawgwash

Quote from: hawgwash on March 16, 2015, 12:14:56 pm
i don't want to sound too worked up so i'm using all lower case letters and will refrain from explanation marks and emoticons.  i noticed a new crystal ball pick just today for the hogs. this one is from national recruiting analyst barton simmons.  this makes 4 picks for arkansas in the last 5 days and brings the total to 5 for arkansas vs 3 for oklahoma.
it seems i am five minutes late to the party.  or should i say the social appointment?

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: hawgwash on March 16, 2015, 12:14:56 pm
What's an explanation mark?  Is it this?   :

hawgwash

Quote from: Rocky&Boarwinkle on March 16, 2015, 12:26:21 pm
What's an explanation mark?  Is it this?   :
good question.  i guess i didn't want to call it by its real name for fear of sounding excited.

BigBen

I've talked to few people around Agim and they say arkansas has done a good job of recruiting him and showing him a lot of love. The feeling is Arkansas is the leader but he will wait more than likely until after the season to make decision to see how everything works out. Baylor is a team that doesn't get mentioned on here very much but it sounds like they are going to be tough competion for us to get him.

rzrbk4life

Really want to get Agim. Talk about a stud d line the next couple years
Let's call those hogs!!!!

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: hawgwash on March 16, 2015, 12:42:07 pm
good question.  i guess i didn't want to call it by its real name for fear of sounding excited.

Well, good for you!!

jjdlc

Its pretty common to see picks shift after a visit, even an unoficial.  Still, everyone seems to agree, that Arkansas is pulling out all the stops to get Agim, so maybe there is something they've heard.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on March 16, 2015, 09:49:19 am

Truly this is all we can ask of a Football Staff from a recruiting stand-point.

And we all know that this Staff works it's AZZ OFF!

Go Hawgs!  :razorback:

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

PGTIGERHOG

Quote from: BigBen on March 16, 2015, 01:23:56 pm
I've talked to few people around Agim and they say arkansas has done a good job of recruiting him and showing him a lot of love. The feeling is Arkansas is the leader but he will wait more than likely until after the season to make decision to see how everything works out. Baylor is a team that doesn't get mentioned on here very much but it sounds like they are going to be tough competion for us to get him.

I believe Agim himself has stated that he will announce his decision on his birthday in September - I think the 26th. 

HogsInaBlanket

Quote from: BigBen on March 16, 2015, 01:23:56 pm

I agree on Baylor. if you follow him on twitter its easy to see he likes them a lot

The_Bionic_Pig

He's hinted of a decision this summer....not going to string this out.

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*