Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 24, 2024, 11:50:45 am

Monk

Started by hogsgolfpro, January 17, 2015, 05:22:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: MountieDawg on March 23, 2015, 10:42:19 am
Cats fans still love Wiltjer!  He got more congrats messages for scoring 45 points from Cats fans than any other.

If we didn't need these guys we would give them congrats as well

clutch

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on March 22, 2015, 06:37:03 pm
Word around Lepanto is he will be going to Kentucky and some have said he will announce in the next few months. He is wanting to come back to EPC and graduate with all his classmates. He might have to move if he does pick them bc people will give him hell in B'ville and Lepanto don't care who he picks,  they just want him back.

If you're from Lepanto then obviously you should know that nobody around Lepanto really knows anything. They just talk and spread rumors. Marcus won't even tell his closest friends what Malik is thinking. When asked he just says that he doesn't know, and it's Malik's decision to make so he's not going to interfere. They've done an amazing job of keeping his decision quiet........ If he's made a decision at all. I think he is still undecided. If he does end up and Kentucky it wouldn't surprise me, but it also wouldn't surprise me to see him wearing a hogs jersey either.

72756Hog

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on March 22, 2015, 11:02:44 pm
Hmm, I seem to remember Butler getting to the championship game twice and I'm fairly certain they didn't have any McD's All-Americans on their roster. If you've got a decent team, anything can happen.

I'm also fairly certain that UConn only had two top 100 players on their team when they won the tourney last year, DeAndre Daniels and Ryan Boatright.

If we had a Malik Monk on our team this year we probably would have gone to the Final Four. One player can drastically change a team. Imagine us without Portis. If we had prolific scorer that was capable of taking over a game we would have been golden.

Daniels was the #16 player overall, Shabazz Napier was #74, Boatright was #55, Omar Calhoun was #44, Kentan Facey was #93, Phillip Nolan just missed at #122 as did Terrence Samuel at #134.
I get your argument that you need coaching plus talent to win but that team had tons of talent to go along with the coaching. I think we could have that level of talent if Monk comes and we keep the talent we currently have on the team though.
Never argue with stupid people, they'll just drag you down to their level and win by experience.

rzrbackramsfan

We had that talent if not better in 2014-15

colbs

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on March 24, 2015, 11:05:59 pm
Than last year's UConn team?

72756Hog

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on March 24, 2015, 11:05:59 pm
Portis, Kingsley, Madden, and Beard were the only top 100 players we had. Everyone else was below 150.
Not saying it wasn't a good team, this team was one of our best in recent memory, especially with Qualls playing like a top 100 (or better) guy, but the depth of talent is what Mike is still steadily building up.
Never argue with stupid people, they'll just drag you down to their level and win by experience.

rzrbackramsfan

Actually I think miles was top 100  out of high school.  Qualls and babb were both top 150.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on March 25, 2015, 07:48:00 am
Actually I think miles was top 100  out of high school.  Qualls and babb were both top 150.

Rivals had Qualls 149. No other service him in the top 150

Miles and Babb we not in anyone's top 150. Edit 247 did have Babb at 137

hvsupastar

The fact the Qualls wasn't ranked higher based on athleticism shows that these recruiting services can't be near as thorough as they need to be. That was a slam dunk. Too many bball prospects in the country to see them all.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

redleg

Who is this Goodwin fella?   :razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 25, 2015, 08:47:35 am
Rivals had Qualls 149. No other service him in the top 150

Miles and Babb we not in anyone's top 150. Edit 247 did have Babb at 137

Yep so that being said, it can be argues we had bear the talent as uk's nc team.

EastMemphisHog

Quote from: hvsupastar on March 25, 2015, 08:50:10 am
The fact the Qualls wasn't ranked higher based on athleticism shows that these recruiting services can't be near as thorough as they need to be. That was a slam dunk. Too many bball prospects in the country to see them all.

Qualls has always been athletic, but I don't think his ranking was unjust. He has developed more than anyone else on the team, even Portis. His shooting has become phenomenal and he has made great strides on defense as well. Now if he can improve his handle, he would be the total package.

The_Iceman

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on March 25, 2015, 07:48:00 am

I think he was one of those guys that started high, and slid down the rankings by the time he got to school.

Hawg Red

I think Miles' HS raking as warranted. But I think he got to WVU and didn't end up fitting in and struggled with injuries (which he has also done here). Sometimes, that just happens with a player. With one year of eligibility remaining, he has a tough choice to make.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on March 26, 2015, 01:17:53 am
Yep so that being said, it can be argues we had bear the talent as uk's nc team.

Are you helping the bear? Not sure.  :-\
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Cresthog

Hopefully Calipari goes to the NBA after this year and Monk is ours to lose at that point.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Cresthog on March 26, 2015, 12:06:46 pm
Hopefully Calipari goes to the NBA after this year and Monk is ours to lose at that point.

Yeah that would be great

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on March 26, 2015, 11:09:55 am
Are you helping the bear? Not sure.  :-\

Lol wow, I apologize hogville.  I'm getting lazier and always post on my phone.  What I meant to say was that this years team had roughly the Same amount of talent coming out of high school as uconn's NC team.

redleg

So if Malik Monk doesn't go to Arkansas, will this website explode on signing day?  :-X
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Cresthog

Quote from: redleg on March 27, 2015, 08:59:02 am
So if Malik Monk doesn't go to Arkansas, will this website explode on signing day?  :-X

Probably not.

It will get dwarfed by 30 threads about us offering an obscure lineman or being in some WRs  top 30, only for them to sign with Auburn, Bama or LSU.

ricepig

Quote from: Cresthog on March 27, 2015, 10:29:13 am
Probably not.

It will get dwarfed by 30 threads about us offering an obscure lineman or being in some WRs  top 30, only for them to sign with Auburn, Bama or LSU.

Sarcasm, you're good at it.

Cresthog

Quote from: ricepig on March 27, 2015, 10:30:52 am
Sarcasm, you're good at it.

Been spending too much time over on tRant. And have been getting seriously jaded on some posters here.

You're solid though.