Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jalen Jackson

Started by The_Iceman, January 19, 2011, 06:54:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

I hear a lot of people talking about Jalen Jackson out of West Memphis.

I saw where he is a 3-star on both rivals and scout, and that he is a 6'6" Small Forward.

Can anyone else who has seen him play give us a scouting report and comment on whether he is worth taking a look at for the 2012 basketball class? Thanks.

mmhogs17

He is absolutely worth it. He will be pushing high 4*, maybe even pushing for a 5* slot by the time he signs with somebody.

mhuff

I think he is a player to give high consideration. Depends on who else is interested.

ricepig

Saw him the other night against Jonesboro, nice shot, decent ball handling, and good hops. He has a habit of pumping his chest and pulling on his jersey on his made shots. I'd say it would depend on how many scholarships we have, we already have a lot of guys that play similar.

nwahogfan1

January 19, 2011, 09:23:26 pm #4 Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 10:29:24 am by nwahogfan1
I saw him 3 times and two of those he really looked good.  he is at least 6'5 and probable 190 lbs with very good hops.  Very good athlete.  Good handles and that will only get better.  He is a very good 3 man prospect.  I like him.  The ones that see him alot say he is the best out of W. Mem since Keith Lee.  We will see.

GoHogs1091

Jackson will most likely be considered by the UofA, but the UofA is most likely heavily recruiting the following for the 2012 Class.  To me, the below Center is basically a "must get" for the Hogs.  The Hogs desperately need some beef on the inside in the paint.  The following are in no particular order.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/arkansas/basketball/recruiting/player-Archie-Goodwin-115429

http://rivals.yahoo.com/arkansas/basketball/recruiting/player-Shaquille-Cleare-114639

http://rivals.yahoo.com/arkansas/basketball/recruiting/player-Jarnell-Stokes-98576

ThunderHawg

I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure that Jalen already has a scholarship offer from Ark. So I would definitely say he is worth taking a look at.

mhuff

Wannah Bail will be on that list as well. I think we have 4 scholarships anyway.

labb

Do believe that Jalen has had an offer from Arkansas since last season and yes he is a big time player. You do realize that he is a Jr.

hs6

Pelphrey was at the Coke Classic in Fort Smith where he won MVP of the tournament. He's a little prima Donna though. When he won it henwas acting like he couldn't believe, but everybody knew he wasn't serious. On the court he's a baller. Good handles and can shoot, but what I like is that he has vision and understands the game. He'll be a solid 2/3 on the college level.

The Boar War

I watched him play Hall last night.  He has nice handles, can really shoot off the dribble, and is a nice passer.  He definitely has the skills.  However he didn't play a lot of defense.

hogntonk

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on January 19, 2011, 09:23:26 pm
I saw him 3 times and two of those he really looked good.  he is at least 6'5 and probable 190 lbs with very good hops.  Good handles and that will only get better.  He is a very good 3 man prospect.  I like him.  The ones that see him alot say he is the best out of W. Mem since Lee Wilson.  We will see.

Lee Wilson from West Memphis?   I was thinking WACO, TX... Maybe there are 2 Lee Wilson's..

Darth Piggy

He doesn't want to do what he needs to win. On his wm team he needs to be a rebounder. He doesn't work at that. He doesn't want to do the work on the defensive side of the ball. The kid has loads of talent but no heart.

The_Bionic_Pig

If you haven't seen him his game is very similiar to Chicago Bulls Jamal Crawford.   
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

chip5

I think he meant Keith Lee from the early 80's that went to Memphis.

Mark_Freeman

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on January 20, 2011, 07:28:45 am
If you haven't seen him his game is very similiar to Chicago Bulls Jamal Crawford.  

Atlanta Hawks

The_Iceman

We need taller guards. Hell, we need taller small forwards.

If our first choices fall through, he would be a great get.

SEdrhawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 20, 2011, 10:28:16 am
We need taller guards. Hell, we need taller small forwards.

If our first choices fall through, he would be a great get.

He committed to UCA yesterday.  Huge pick up for them.

The_Iceman

Quote from: SEdrhawg on April 17, 2012, 03:13:11 pm
He committed to UCA yesterday.  Huge pick up for them.

Wow, it was over a year ago when I started this topic. Its amazing how far Jalen's stock dropped since then.

Dogtown Donkey

That's what attitude problems and a poor work ethic will do to you.

SEdrhawg

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on April 17, 2012, 03:22:11 pm
That's what attitude problems and a poor work ethic will do to you.

I don't know anything about the kid, but I know that UCA is thrilled to have him.  Hopefully he can get his head on straight and be a player for them.  They have a guy right now that has all pro talent (IMO) but doesn't play 100% on every possession.  Last name is Miles.  Don't forget about Borden inside and Tidwell is a nice PF.  If they can put it all together this team can be dangerous.  Still need a true point though IMO.

yraciv

Jalen won a JUCO national championship at Northwest FL State this year in his SO season.  Averaged 18.3 PPG, 56.4 FG%, 32.4 3FG%, 4.7 RPG, 2.1 APG.  Anyone want to go to the well for an athletic wing from West Memphis again if Qualls jumps?

wholehog92

Quote from: yraciv on March 31, 2015, 11:24:30 pm
Jalen won a JUCO national championship at Northwest FL State this year in his SO season.  Averaged 18.3 PPG, 56.4 FG%, 32.4 3FG%, 4.7 RPG, 2.1 APG.  Anyone want to go to the well for an athletic wing from West Memphis again if Qualls jumps?

Not particularly.  We are very tight on schollies and look pretty good at the 3.  No reason to reach here.  I think if only one leaves, we pick up a HS kid to develop and may not get one in the late period.  If both leave, we will likely have to pick up a juco big man. Even if he's just a wide body.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: yraciv on March 31, 2015, 11:24:30 pm

No please.

ricepig

PoormansRobbyHampton

Quote from: ricepig on April 01, 2015, 05:12:04 pm
Correct

I know the numbers may seem enticing, but it would burn us in the long run.