Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooch

Went 3-2 yesterday been hot on Sundays though, going:

Giants -3
Packers -3
Washington +1
Houston -2.5
San Diego +3

All for 1 unit except giants, gonna double up there.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 22, 2013, 07:18:53 am
Sunday card:

4 units:
Vikings -6

3 units:
Falcons +1
Chargers +3

That may be a great pick. Isn't Weeden out for the Browns and they just traded Richardson to the Colts?
Go Hogs Go!

SPAL

Quote from: Dude on September 22, 2013, 08:08:18 am
Well I took a beating yesterday. The only thing good was the last minute Wyoming bet. Whoever posted that tip, thanks!! It bailed me out.

Edit- It was sir pigs alot who put that tip out.

Glad I could help

SPAL

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 22, 2013, 08:27:23 am
That may be a great pick. Isn't Weeden out for the Browns and they just traded Richardson to the Colts?

Yes sir.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 22, 2013, 08:29:43 am
Yes sir.

Gimminee, great defense but no offense. Patriots former #3 (Hoyer) projected to start at QB today.
Go Hogs Go!

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Vikings -7
Giants +3
Packers -3
Chargers +3
Lions -1
Colts +10.5

All 2 unit plays.
Let's make some waves.

OldCoot

Hooch

Atl getting 2 seems like stealing. I wait to see flow of 1st games before I pick but I really like that one.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: Hooch on September 22, 2013, 09:15:56 am
Atl getting 2 seems like stealing. I wait to see flow of 1st games before I pick but I really like that one.

I would normally agree, but keep in mind this. Atlanta has lost more starters to injury than the Steelers. Vegas is begging people to take the Falcons today. Now they may cover, but beware!
Let's make some waves.

MuskogeeHogFan

What do you guys think of these?

Tampa Bay @ New England (-7) 44         NE -7
Cleveland @ Minnesota (-7) 41               Minn -7
Arizona @ New Orleans (-7) 49               Ariz +7/Under
Indianapolis @ San Francisco (-10) 46     Indy +10
Go Hogs Go!

SPAL

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 22, 2013, 10:26:48 am
What do you guys think of these?

Tampa Bay @ New England (-7) 44         NE -7
Cleveland @ Minnesota (-7) 41               Minn -7
Arizona @ New Orleans (-7) 49               Ariz +7/Under
Indianapolis @ San Francisco (-10) 46     Indy +10

I agree with all except the NO/zone total. I would go over . Saints play outta their minds at home on offense plus it's only a matter of time before they get it going on offense. Arizona has a decent offense, best since Kurt Warner days. I like a shoutout .

Huckleberry Pig

NFL Picks today:

Rams +3.5 @ Cowboys -- 1*
Cardinals +7.5 @ Saints -- 1*
Giants -1 @ Panthers -- 1*
Bills +1 @ Jets -- 2*
Lions pk @ Redskins -- 2*
Vikings -6.5 vs Browns -- 3*

BJOhog

I went big on raiders those ole boys playing hard and they getting to many points least I hope

Music City Hog

Take out every penny you can find and bet on the Aggies before the line goes up about 18 Pts where it should be.

A&M -3?    Yes please!!

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/

hogcard1964

The Hogs will hang with them for awhile.  It will be closer than expected.

hogwild210

I hate to bet against the Hogs...but someone PM me with specifics on how to make a bet
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

Hogdomer

That can't be right.  If Allen plays, we may keep it within 20.  If it's Derby, it will be the biggest beat down since USC in 2005.

Country Stylz

I hope we beat em and y'all end up homeless on the streets having sex with old ladies to make ends meet.

Music City Hog

If that's an accurate line then it's the most obvious winner I have ever seen.  A&m will spank us and -3 will make me empty the 401k, IRA, kids college fund, and take out a 2nd mortgage. 

Boardon Hamsay

No way that line is correct. I expect aTm to be more of a 10-12 pt favorite.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

HOGKING

Quote from: Hogdomer on September 22, 2013, 02:10:03 pm
That can't be right.  If Allen plays, we may keep it within 20.  If it's Derby, it will be the biggest beat down since USC in 2005.

If Allen can't go we would be better off going with Alex out of the wildcat than Derby in a conventional QB role

870hogfan

Quote from: Country Stylz on September 22, 2013, 02:11:26 pm
I hope we beat em and y'all end up homeless on the streets having sex with old ladies to make ends meet.

Hogdomer

hogcard1964

Quote from: Music City Hog on September 22, 2013, 02:12:00 pm
If that's an accurate line then it's the most obvious winner I have ever seen.  A&m will spank us and -3 will make me empty the 401k, IRA, kids college fund, and take out a 2nd mortgage.

You're forgetting the fact that A & M's defense is much worse than ours.  They're averaging giving up 30 points per game.  We will score a lot of points off them.

jry04

If Allen plays then our offense will be 10x better, and our defense will get more of a break. Our defense is better than people are giving them credit. We probably lose by 10 with Allen, but without him it will get ugly quick.

McKdaddy

VegasInsider has A&M -3....how quick would I like to jump on that number.

Music City Hog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 22, 2013, 02:16:03 pm
You're forgetting the fact that A & M's defense is much worse than ours.  They're averaging giving up 30 points per game.  We will score a lot of points off them.

I'll bet you $10,000 right now that we lose by more than 3 points.  Deal?

McKdaddy

Quote from: rlh06 on September 22, 2013, 02:12:04 pm
No way that line is correct. I expect aTm to be more of a 10-12 pt favorite.

Agreed, I had expected -16.

razorjack12

Quote from: Music City Hog on September 22, 2013, 02:02:09 pm
Take out every penny you can find and bet on the Aggies before the line goes up about 18 Pts where it should be.

A&M -3?    Yes please!!

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/

I wouldnt read too much into this line.  Wait until tomorrow to see where the line actually is.   

RazorbackRon

Quote from: Country Stylz on September 22, 2013, 02:11:26 pm
I hope we beat em and y'all end up homeless on the streets having sex with old ladies men to make ends meet.
Everyone is someone else's weirdo

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet.

Music City Hog

rzrbackrob

The aggies should be a 13-16 point favorite.
Something is going on with that line.
Seems way too easy.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/matchups/
Good is the enemy of great

FBREW000

Quote from: hogwild210 on September 22, 2013, 02:07:25 pm
I hate to bet against the Hogs...but someone PM me with specifics on how to make a bet
THIS>>> PLEASE PM ME WITH THE HOW TOOS AS WELL< LOL

hogcard1964

Quote from: Music City Hog on September 22, 2013, 02:20:03 pm
I'll bet you $10,000 right now that we lose by more than 3 points.  Deal?

You may be correct.  All I'm saying is the Razorbacks are going to be able to move the ball on them.  Hence, we will score a lot of points on them.

Can you actually wager on that? I think its a mistake.

SPAL

I'm dumbfounded by the NFL today. I'm sorry to anybody who tailed my Vikings selection.

SPAL

I see our thread has been infiltrated by goons.

SPAL

Adding bills +3    3 units

Breaking one of my own rules trying to recoup that Vikings debacle.

SPAL

Quote from: razorjack12 on September 22, 2013, 02:23:22 pm
  I wouldnt read too much into this line.  Wait until tomorrow to see where the line actually is.   

That is the line. It opened at -3.

I would be cautious. Talking about emptying the bank account is foolish talk. Vegas has a reason this line is 3. They aren't in the business to just give money away. Johnny could be suspended, there could be a new scandal afoot, etc.

I agree that this line is off, but you better find out why before you hammer it.

DadVader1

Quote from: DadVader1 on September 19, 2013, 05:08:06 pm
tailing ... 5 units on Clemson -12.5 (bought the hook). L

I'm still working the kinks out of the system and had a Garbage In/Garbage Out moment earlier this week, but things are starting to take shape.  I played one unit each on:

Georgia -33  L
Georgia Tech -6.5  W
Baylor -29.5 W
A&M -28.5 W
Oregon St. -10.5 L
TN +16.5 W
Wyoming -4 W

I went 5-2 on spreadsheet picks and 5-3 on the week for -2 (missed on my one big, non-spreadsheet play).  That makes me 13-7 on the season for -0.3 units.  The spreadsheet is shaping up nicely, and I'm pleased that I won't have to dig out of an early season hole now that I'm starting to get trends with large enough sample sizes to be worth chasing. It's about to get good :)

BJOhog

Anypersobgot am early line on Ohio state yet I think in Bering the farm against En if they are giving morin a toichdown

McKdaddy

Quote from: billyjoeozark on September 22, 2013, 04:46:30 pm
Anypersobgot am early line on Ohio state yet I think in Bering the farm against En if they are giving morin a toichdown
-7.5 vs Wiscy

BJOhog

Quote from: McKdaddy on September 22, 2013, 05:07:35 pm
-7.5 vs Wiscy

Thank yuo sir I coulndt find it . That's enough for me whisky gas the best two rbs on one team I've seems since okstate

ChicoHog

I don't get this A&M line at all.  Makes no sense. 

5Dimes.eu   
TA&M: +3
ARK: -3   -110

N/A   o: 0
u: 0
   TA&M: 0
ARK: 0
BOVADA   

BETONLINE.ag   
TA&M: -3
ARK: +3   -110

Fantasy911.com   

SportsBetting.ag   
TA&M: -3
ARK: +3   -110

BJOhog

When the line is released for actual play  it ain't gonna be 3 if it is we will all get rich

Hawgndaaz

worst betting week i've had since i started back up last year. i didnt post pics before hand but i don't mind admitting i'm down a total of 17 units on the week.

didn't help i went 1-4 today. learning my lessons hah.

on the bright side, i got the invite to see the packers/vikings game in lambeau for free in November.

McKdaddy

UAstudent13

September 22, 2013, 08:01:08 pm #4548 Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 08:17:25 pm by UAstudent13
I'm super salty Matt Bryant missed a 35 yard kick after making 16 straight ???. Falcons  cover +2 with that kick.

Bryant was 94% from '09-'12 kicking 30-39 yards. What a weird weekend.

SPAL

Unbelievable day...just in disbelief. How many backdoor covers should 1 man have to endure in once weekend.

2 backdoors today caused 1 loss and a sure win to push.

Undisciplined pick for another loss.

And then there is the unexplainable Vikings tragedy

0-3-1 on the day. Just can't believe it.