Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Porked Tongue on September 20, 2013, 02:18:26 pm
One early play for Saturday and it's a dandy.

Hogs/Rutgers over 44  8 units.

For those wondering, I'm 2-3(on here) this year with all 1 unit plays.

what's your take on the under?

SPAL

September 20, 2013, 03:07:52 pm #4451 Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 11:54:43 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
Friday card:

Boise st. +4.   1 unit.  W

Hawgndaaz

yraciv

September 20, 2013, 05:29:58 pm #4453 Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 01:04:25 pm by yraciv
Time to get healthy

2 units
AR State -4 L
Boise +4 W
Minn -3.5 W
GT -5.5 W
Kent St +22 L

1 unit
LSU Under 55 L
A&M Under 78 W

YTD 16-16-1, +1 units

SPAL

Sorry I'm just getting back  to this...

Daaz, it's only a unit bet so don't take much stock from it, but I expect a shoutout with lots of scoring. Boise has struggled on defense at times, but I like them better than Fresno.

Being a home game for Fresno gives them AN. advantage, but I just see this game being close to the end with Boise a chance to win late. Boise by a point.

MuskogeeHogFan

Utah State +6-1/2 @ USC?

Utah +7 @ BYU

Mich State +6-1/2 @ Notre Dame?

Thoughts?
Go Hogs Go!

WILL CLINTON

Well guys, i'm back. I've been lurking around all week, but last weekend hurt me. I'm going back over the records still from the beginning of the thread, but I believe that was the first 5* play I'd lost, and I know some people were tailing me, and I just felt like darn. More so for the people who were following me, because even though it was a huge amount of money for me, I hate to know that I lost money for other people. So I apologize if I hurt anyone's pocketbook too much. Last week was an exercise in bad money management, but I would have made that pick 100 times out of 100. I had 130% of my bankroll out there, and luckily the couple of games I won kept me from being out of the game this year.

All that being said, I can't be held down long, and this is what I'm on for this weekend. Good luck to all.

Arkansas St -4
Arkansas +2
Fresno St -4
Ga Tech -6.5
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

SPAL

Good to see ya back will....I wondered how you were doing. Best of luck to ya this weekend.

BJOhog

no time much
crap los last night carp but is what happens

im playing this weekend
9/21/13 3:30pm  College Football  316 Florida -16½ -110* vs Tennessee U
9/21/13 7:00pm  College Football  351 SMU +27½ -110* vs Texas A&M
9/21/13 3:30pm  College Football  355 Michigan State +5 -110* vs Notre Dame
9/21/13 7:00pm  College Football  363 Colorado State +38½ -110* vs Alabama
9/21/13 7:00pm  College Football  363 Colorado State +20000* vs Alabama
9/21/13 3:30pm  College Football  365 Arkansas -2 -110* vs Rutgers
9/21/13 7:00pm  College Football  368 Stanford -6½ -110* vs Arizona State
9/21/13 12:00pm  College Football  377 Toledo -12 -110* vs Central Michigan
   9/21/13 6:00pm  College Football  435 Bethune Cookman +39½ -110* vs Florida State
   9/21/13 6:00pm  College Football  435 Bethune Cookman +20000* vs Florida State
   9/21/13 3:30pm  College Football  443 South Dakota State +20 -110* vs Nebraska
   9/21/13 3:30pm  College Football  443 South Dakota State +925* vs Nebraska 

a a unit on each i guess the money lines i did at far less than a unit off of hogvile
goodluck guys catch yall on monday

SPAL

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 20, 2013, 07:38:25 pm
Sorry I'm just getting back  to this...

Daaz, it's only a unit bet so don't take much stock from it, but I expect a shoutout with lots of scoring. Boise has struggled on defense at times, but I like them better than Fresno.

Being a home game for Fresno gives them AN. advantage, but I just see this game being close to the end with Boise a chance to win late. Boise by a point.

Well, it was fresno by a point...but an ATS win for Boise.

Huckleberry Pig

Official Picks for tomorrow:

North Texas +33 @ Georgia -- 1*
Tennessee +16.5 @ Florida -- 2*
UL Monroe +30.5 @ Baylor -- 1*
Texas A&M -27.5 vs SMU -- 1*
Arkansas +2.5 @ Rutgers -- 2* (Homer Pick)
Auburn +17 @ LSU -- 3*
Stanford -6 vs ASU -- 2*
Kansas State +6.5 -- 3*

SPAL

September 21, 2013, 01:17:09 am #4461 Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 06:29:24 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
Saturday card:

1 unit
Maryland -5.  W

2 units
Florida -16.  L
Norte dame -4. P

3 units
Florida Atlantic +4 L
Umass +30 W

4 units
Pitt -4 L
Syracuse -17 W

SPAL

Guys, I wouldn't post this on the main board but I'm concerned about this Rutgers game. I feel like if i step back and look at this game as a handicapper and not as a fan, I would view it as a team walking into an ambush.

I would begin by saying that I have no confidence in the walk on backup quarterback for Arkansas. I would say that Arkansas is one dimensional and without Allen, I have no confidence that they can sustain drives against a good Rutgers defense who will stack the box and use run blitzes to keep the stellar running attack grounded.

I would say that Rutgers playing a home game against an SEC team will have them playing above Their talent level and will disrupt the hogs offense.

I would then say that I like arkansas to stop the rutgers offense most if the day .

Out if the gate, I would say Rutgers takes the opening kick and gets on the board with a FG. Then adds 7 after Derby throws an int trying to convert a 3rd and long after failing to get the running game started on the first 2 plays after the ensuing kick.

Then after adjustments are made, both teams battle back and forth as neither offense can really get anything going.

If I was merely capping this game and had no vested interest, I would play Rutgers -2 and make it a 3 unit play.

But guys, since I'm a hog fan...I'm giving you a homer pick, ive sipped kool aid and refuse to take my goggles off . Hogs 23-13

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Georgia -33 / 2 units
Vols + 17 / 2 units
Purdue +22 / 2 units
A&M -27 / 2 units
AZ St +7 / 2 units

Pitt got it at 3.5 bought it down to -3 / 5 units

Let's make some waves.

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 21, 2013, 01:50:04 am
Guys, I wouldn't post this on the main board but I'm concerned about this Rutgers game. I feel like if i step back and look at this game as a handicapper and not as a fan, I would view it as a team walking into an ambush.

I would begin by saying that I have no confidence in the walk on backup quarterback for Arkansas. I would say that Arkansas is one dimensional and without Allen, I have no confidence that they can sustain drives against a good Rutgers defense who will stack the box and use run blitzes to keep the stellar running attack grounded.

I would say that Rutgers playing a home game against an SEC team will have them playing above Their talent level and will disrupt the hogs offense.

I would then say that I like arkansas to stop the rutgers offense most if the day .

Out if the gate, I would say Rutgers takes the opening kick and gets on the board with a FG. Then adds 7 after Derby throws an int trying to convert a 3rd and long after failing to get the running game started on the first 2 plays after the ensuing kick.

Then after adjustments are made, both teams battle back and forth as neither offense can really get anything going.

If I was merely capping this game and had no vested interest, I would play Rutgers -2 and make it a 3 unit play.

But guys, since I'm a hog fan...I'm giving you a homer pick, ive sipped kool aid and refuse to take my goggles off . Hogs 23-13

I would say your analysis is pretty much spot on.  Wayyyyyyyyyyy too many unknowns for me to play this game.  Either team could win, and either team could win handily.  Only thing I don't see us a blow out.  I honestly don't think either team is good enough to blow out a quality opponent.

An yeah pigs good thing you didn't post that out MMQB. Would have been tarred and feathered, told to just go be a scarlet knight fan, and called a troll.   Lmao

I know I take a beating out there, but still gonna say it how I see it.
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: billyjoeozark on September 20, 2013, 09:56:59 pm
no time much
crap los last night carp but is what happens

im playing this weekend
9/21/13 3:30pm  College Football  316 Florida -16½ -110* vs Tennessee U
9/21/13 7:00pm  College Football  351 SMU +27½ -110* vs Texas A&M
9/21/13 3:30pm  College Football  355 Michigan State +5 -110* vs Notre Dame
9/21/13 7:00pm  College Football  363 Colorado State +38½ -110* vs Alabama
9/21/13 7:00pm  College Football  363 Colorado State +20000* vs Alabama
9/21/13 3:30pm  College Football  365 Arkansas -2 -110* vs Rutgers
9/21/13 7:00pm  College Football  368 Stanford -6½ -110* vs Arizona State
9/21/13 12:00pm  College Football  377 Toledo -12 -110* vs Central Michigan
   9/21/13 6:00pm  College Football  435 Bethune Cookman +39½ -110* vs Florida State
   9/21/13 6:00pm  College Football  435 Bethune Cookman +20000* vs Florida State
   9/21/13 3:30pm  College Football  443 South Dakota State +20 -110* vs Nebraska
   9/21/13 3:30pm  College Football  443 South Dakota State +925* vs Nebraska 

a a unit on each i guess the money lines i did at far less than a unit off of hogvile
goodluck guys catch yall on monday

Good luck to you as well. Would be awesome if Bethune Cookman actually beat Florida st.  I'm guessing you only had to put down 10-20 bucks to bring in 2000.00 if they win head up.
Let's make some waves.

ur

Weather could be a factor today in some games. Pretty mean front that extends from the gulf to Canada moving through.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on September 21, 2013, 07:37:18 am

I would say your analysis is pretty much spot on.  Wayyyyyyyyyyy too many unknowns for me to play this game.  Either team could win, and either team could win handily.  Only thing I don't see us a blow out.  I honestly don't think either team is good enough to blow out a quality opponent.

An yeah pigs good thing you didn't post that out MMQB. Would have been tarred and feathered, told to just go be a scarlet knight fan, and called a troll.   Lmao

I know I take a beating out there, but still gonna say it how I see it.

Awww, nothing wrong with anyone having their own opinion. I think that you guys are maybe being a little pessimistic and I can understand that. The team that wins will be the team that has the best defense and the best special teams "today".

Rain may play a factor during the second half.

I'm sure Nova will play and we are going to have contend with a rolling pocket and a lot of quick throws as they try to give Nova greater protection from contact. I believe we will hold James (RB) under 100 yds today which would be 64+ yds under his average.

Personally I think we win by 7-10 points, but I've been wrong before.
Go Hogs Go!

SPAL

Jeff, looks like we are only heads up in one contest....go gators.

ur

Favs for today. Cinn, Geo tech, Syracuse, Baylor(over), aggies, TTech(over). Leaning LSU but waiting on weather.

Hooch

Tenner +16
Pitt -4.5
Baylor over
USC -7

May add Stanford, not sure yet. 

Huckleberry Pig

completely agree with ya sir and jeff, my hogs pick is a complete homer pick.  Figured it'd be fun to play them at +pts

StuartDavin

I've followed this thread for a few weeks now and have a quick question. At what point do you guys not take the points and pull the trigger on an underdog ML?

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: StuartDavin on September 21, 2013, 11:40:00 am
I've followed this thread for a few weeks now and have a quick question. At what point do you guys not take the points and pull the trigger on an underdog ML?

Right now the hogs are +1.5 and even money on the ML. i'd take the ML before the 1.5

SPAL

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on September 21, 2013, 01:30:29 pm
Right now the hogs are +1.5 and even money on the ML. i'd take the ML before the 1.5

Yeah. I agree with this. I rarely play the ML in football.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: StuartDavin on September 21, 2013, 11:40:00 am

rarely.  If I do, it'd likely be a spread that is under 7.  Would rather just take pts unless you have a great feeling about a game. 

Hooch

This Pitt game is ridiculous, they scored 65 in the first half, the game line was 51....lol. 

OldCoot

am I missing something? I think ari st whoops up on stanford.

Laid on Ar State -4.  3U

Ari State +7   .7 U  Yes, .7 U :D

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Porked Tongue on September 20, 2013, 02:18:26 pm
One early play for Saturday and it's a dandy.

Hogs/Rutgers over 44  8 units.

For those wondering, I'm 2-3(on here) this year with all 1 unit plays.

In for 2 more units at over 42.5

WILL CLINTON

Added:

Arkansas pick'em   1*
Mich St +4   1*
Mich St ML +170  1*

All my other bets yesterday were 1* also if I didn't mention it. Too lazy to backtrack right now.

OldCoot

SPAL

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 21, 2013, 03:14:59 pm
Literally sick about that Pitt game.

Me too man. I got a push, but who cares. They wouldn't have allowed that many points against FL St, Clemson, or anyone else. Unreal!
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 21, 2013, 08:06:10 am
Awww, nothing wrong with anyone having their own opinion. I think that you guys are maybe being a little pessimistic and I can understand that. The team that wins will be the team that has the best defense and the best special teams "today".

Rain may play a factor during the second half.

I'm sure Nova will play and we are going to have contend with a rolling pocket and a lot of quick throws as they try to give Nova greater protection from contact. I believe we will hold James (RB) under 100 yds today which would be 64+ yds under his average.

Personally I think we win by 7-10 points, but I've been wrong before.

Oh I understand. The point is if I don't make hog shaped farts I'm a troll.  I'm watching the hogs with a 10-0 lead ad te offense looks horrible against Rutgers.
Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on September 21, 2013, 03:22:04 pm
Oh I understand. The point is if I don't make hog shaped farts I'm a troll.  I'm watching the hogs with a 10-0 lead ad te offense looks horrible against Rutgers.

The QB looks horrible. I believe the run game always takes a quarter or a quarter and a half to get going, so I look for them to still top 250 yds on the ground. But we have to find a suitable backup for Allen. Derby maybe should be playing LB from the looks of things.

SPAL

Wyoming -5    5 units

First fiver of the year .

Hawgndaaz

Porked Tongue

McKdaddy

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on September 21, 2013, 06:15:42 pm
MMQB going absolutely full fricking retard.

Shocked MMQB peeps would be that way

#NotShocked
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

SPAL

September 21, 2013, 06:27:37 pm #4489 Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 11:45:20 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
Oh the refuge and solitude of this tread....please never go away.

Adding

Uconn +19.5 1 unit.    W

SPAL

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 21, 2013, 01:50:04 am

Guess I'm a better capper than I am a fan...

BJOhog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 21, 2013, 06:30:38 pm
Guess I'm a better capper than I am a fan...

3 pages ago i told you boys the same and you told me i was overreacting no time to look but never had a good feeling about this game if i could have taken away that july wager for a small loss i would have
but it wast a well fought game hogs are on track and exactly were they should be

page 84 just looked
you told me to panik if we lose still not at panic mode i think hogs are on track just rutgers and fresno state a helova lot better than sec fans think
starting to think sec fans are more delusional than hog fans

OldCoot

welp.  I'm off the A State train. :(  I took a bath on that one.  Wish I'd have taken CSU & points.

BJOhog

Quote from: Dude on September 21, 2013, 08:14:41 pm
welp.  I'm off the A State train. :(  I took a bath on that one.  Wish I'd have taken CSU & points.

csu looks like the bet of the week

and dont forget toledo. 4 weeks 4 paydays for me. they are my this years buffalo bulls

McHogLovin

the snakebite from the Clemson game is gonna cost me a couple grand or more today.  I picked like 10 of 11 correctly.  The one I missed I missed bad.  Ark St.  Up 700 for the day but feel terrible for losing my sack.

McHogLovin

it was the combined snakebite from OK state, Clemson, and Ball State actually. 

McHogLovin

Thank you for being an idiot Les Miles and thank you for having a huge set of balls Gus Malzahn.  I'm wishing already we had taken Gus. He found a weakness in that LSU Defense and Auburn turned it on. 

SPAL

Sunday card:

4 units:
Vikings -6

3 units:
Falcons +1
Chargers +3

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: McHogLovin on September 21, 2013, 08:58:37 pm
it was the combined snakebite from OK state, Clemson, and Ball State actually. 

OK State? Okla State didn't play yesterday. That had to be a tough line. ;)
Go Hogs Go!

OldCoot

Well I took a beating yesterday. The only thing good was the last minute Wyoming bet. Whoever posted that tip, thanks!! It bailed me out.

Edit- It was sir pigs alot who put that tip out.