Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2008 Hall of Fame Ballots

Started by Hogtropolis™, November 26, 2007, 08:26:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LVW

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 09, 2008, 09:12:58 pm
Would Red Sox fans say that Freddy Lynn was the most important player on that era's team?

when healthy he was, we've already talked about Dwight Evans being underrated; another guy who was really important to the Sox in that era was Rick Burlseon- he'd give you 150+ games of borderline gold glove defense(which was especially important when you have to make up for Butch Hobson's lack of defense next to you) and he'd kick in 30 or so doubles, double figure steals and do all the bunting, hitting behind the runner stuff to set up the Rices. Lynns, and Evanses.
Van_the_man_Unusual

width=250 height=156]http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/8279/chapman.jpg

hogblade

Playing in Montreal at that time even when they were successful and playing in Boston is not the same and that was my point.

Red Sox fans widely considered Rice their best hitter, but Lynn probably their "favorite player" until he left.

The debunking of feared hitter is obviously an opinionated issue and there is no one most feared hitter, and much of that will always be overrated kinda like Derek Jeter's reputation as Mr. Clutch.
regardless, I put him in for being one of the best of his era.

Milton

I dislike the hall of fame, mostly because I say that Pete Rose and Joe Jackson deserve to be in it. Just think steroid users will get in it before they will. That is a crime in and of itsself
Quote from: Douglas on December 04, 2012, 06:23:54 pm
We've had it with 1 hit wonders coming in, making posts reeking of wanton jackwagonry and then not doing anything about it.

LVW

I think Mussina cemented his spot in the HOF with his 20th win this season. He'll surely pitch at least one more season and likely win at least 10 games(which he has done 17 seasons in a row)which will put him with a minimum of 280 wins.
Van_the_man_Unusual

width=250 height=156]http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/8279/chapman.jpg

Milton

I think he has a chance for 300, barring injury of course
Quote from: Douglas on December 04, 2012, 06:23:54 pm
We've had it with 1 hit wonders coming in, making posts reeking of wanton jackwagonry and then not doing anything about it.