Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dustin Thomas OFFICIALLY Reinstated

Started by The_Iceman, November 20, 2017, 02:47:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Per Mike Anderson. Good to get some depth at the 4 with Bailey. Gives Gabe more time to develop.

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

The_Iceman

If we get the Dustin Thomas from the Seton Hall game, we will be a tough team to beat.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 20, 2017, 02:47:09 pm
Per Mike Anderson. Good to get some depth at the 4 with Bailey. Gives Gabe more time to develop.

We may never see Gabe in the first half again for the rest of this season. His developing will be done in practice, now that Thomas is back. If Cook and Garland come back, he'll be competing for that last minute three pointer with the two walk-ons. Hope he hangs in there and doesn't get discouraged.
Hogs up! Covid down!

phadedhawg

FineAsSwine

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on November 20, 2017, 02:48:13 pm
!

I love CMA but his metaphor game isn't that strong. Usually, my toothpaste ends up on the toothbrush every single time.
Hogs up! Covid down!

The_Iceman

Quote from: phadedhawg on November 20, 2017, 02:53:05 pm
Awesome!  Why was Thomas suspended?

We havE not bEen tolD exactly. But there are speculations.

Tony Perkis

Great news. Depth at the 4 cannot be understated.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: phadedhawg on November 20, 2017, 02:53:05 pm
Awesome!  Why was Thomas suspended?

Violation of team rules but no laws broken.
Hogs up! Covid down!

phadedhawg

hawgsalot

If he's improved half as much as Bailey and Jones watch out we're going to be real good.

hobhog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 20, 2017, 02:53:52 pm
I love CMA but his metaphor game isn't that strong. Usually, my toothpaste ends up on the toothbrush every single time.

My thought too. Once its out of the tube its hard to get it back in, coach.

On the positive side, its a great reminder to these kids how big a stage they are on.

WPS.

hawgrunner

NWAHog479

Does this mean that Gabe is going to get the redshirt?

The_Iceman

Quote from: NWAHog479 on November 20, 2017, 03:22:03 pm
Does this mean that Gabe is going to get the redshirt?

No. Gabe will not redshirt, even if he could at this point.

010HogFan

The_Iceman

dalefromspringdale

I think we will be very solid with Thomas and Bailey at the 4. Looks to me like Bailey has earned a starting spot and Thomas will have to take that from him. Nothing wrong with some friendly competition, everyone benefits!

niels_boar

Thomas isn't just copy of what we have been putting on the floor, as well.  He's an extra body that brings skills that complement our other forwards.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

Birminghog

Knot2brite

Thomas also has five fouls to give every game that might help keep Gafford and Thompson from fouling out every game...he has some skills as well but most importantly he has five fouls
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Knot2brite on November 20, 2017, 06:58:29 pm
Thomas also has five fouls to give every game that might help keep Gafford and Thompson from fouling out every game...he has some skills as well but most importantly he has five fouls
or he has skills and depth
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

HawgsPolo

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 20, 2017, 02:51:18 pm
If we get the Dustin Thomas from the Seton Hall game, we will be a tough team to beat.

I agree with your assessment and I'll 2nd that.
Go Cubs Go!!!!!

NWAHog479

Quote from: Knot2brite on November 20, 2017, 06:58:29 pm

This is definitely true. Depending on who we are playing, Thomas might have to help out at the 5 for short periods of time.

East TN HAWG

Thomas plays with energy and this is his third season in this season.  He should be improved overall.  The is a plus. 

b_stackhouse

I'm glad he is back. I would have liked to see him come back last game against Fresno St. I would like for him to have a warm up game under his belt before playing OU.

Although, I understand and respect the decision to suspend him.

Pistol Pig Maravich

Quote from: HawgsPolo on November 20, 2017, 07:12:31 pm
I agree with your assessment and I'll 2nd that.
And if like alot of other games we will have more turnovers

moses_007

Good we need Dustin.  Good cleanup man underneath

HawgnCorona

Im hoping he has a breakout seasons...Cook as well whenever he gets back.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8