Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bought RIG at $44.3

Started by wilbur, January 24, 2014, 11:18:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

wilbur

Last year, Planned Parent was responsible for "terminating" the lives of 90,000 black babies.  How many black babies did the Confederate flag kill?

Ineptocracy:

A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

hog.goblin

Quote from: wilbur on January 24, 2014, 11:18:20 am
Wish me luck!

normally I like a value play, but I'm concerned this one may be down for multiple years

HognotinMemphis

Just about 6 weeks too soon. It is in a bit of a dive since you invested in it. Been going down for years though.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

wilbur

Quote from: HoginMemphis on March 17, 2014, 06:35:57 pm
Just about 6 weeks too soon. It is in a bit of a dive since you invested in it. Been going down for years though.

I'm not too happy on this one. 
Last year, Planned Parent was responsible for "terminating" the lives of 90,000 black babies.  How many black babies did the Confederate flag kill?

Ineptocracy:

A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: wilbur on March 18, 2014, 08:21:34 am
I'm not too happy on this one.
I am the furthest thing from a chartist or a technical investor but take a look at 10 year price chart of RIG. It's basically gone straight down for years and years. It was where it is now 10 years ago, went up to $180 in '07 and has been in a dive since late '07.

In their defense, no deep water offshore drilling services provider has done well in the last 10 years that I am aware of. The dividend gets some people to put $ into it. I would avoid letting that the the decision driver. My  best investments over past 2 or so years:

HPQ
LVLT
CX
STX

Amazing run for all 4. And I've held HPQ only since late 2012. Got most of what I have in it between $12 and $15 so it is a bit over a double for me in a little over one year.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Aren't you glad you didn't panic sell your recent investment in RIG? It's back to $43.

I don't know if you noted the stocks I mentioned in last post I made on this thread, but LVLT was up 16% this past Wednesday. It is about a double in the past 12 months.

HognotinMemphis

PorkRinds

Quote from: HoginMemphis on December 04, 2014, 08:49:15 am
Wilbur: ouch!

I bought this morning at 19.14.  Hoping it'll start the slow climb back up. ;)