Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Apple Investors

Started by BENTON PIGGEE, December 15, 2012, 02:08:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: hog.goblin on September 11, 2014, 03:33:04 pm
I'm up 53.5% on Apple since I bought it about 19 months ago.  I'll take that everyday and twice on Sundays.

I like the product announcement.  The iPhone 6, and particularly the 6+ should keep sales steadily growing.

At first the iWatch gave me the same response as the first iPod - YAWN.  But I was wrong about the iPod and by the time I finished seeing the full video I was pretty excited.  Not sure about cost and privacy concerns, but it has real potential.
I'm up 63% on average since buying first lot in Jan, '13 and other in April, '13. And, that is not including dividends.

I do not know what the Apple Watch will do for them, but I have a good idea what the new iPhones, and the new technology associated with them, will do for Apple. I do not think shareholders will be disappointed.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

BENTON PIGGEE

I sold Sept 95/100 long spread options last week for a $2700 profit on an $1800 trade I made 6 weeks ago. Still have Oct 95/100s and Nov 100/105s.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: FelixJonesorDMAC? on February 01, 2013, 08:17:43 am
Thats cool, I bought 20k of apple at $85 a share years ago and got out at 650.  Forget trying to catch these bounces post Jobs, now its a gamble, back than it was an investment.
and almost 2 yrs later, it has been a fantastic investment for me. Closed at an all time high on Fri. Fun to go back and read posts on 1st page by Old Tusk and McKinneyDog.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

vandybuff

Apple is a good company for 'any' economy. 
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

BENTON PIGGEE

Sold Oct 95/100 long call spread for a $2100 profit. Will sell Nov 100/105 spread soon. If it drops below 105 I will probably buy a 105/110.

All 1000 of my shares will be exercised due to covered calls in the next 2 months. I may wait for another fire sale before I buy in again. It's been fun.

BENTON PIGGEE

Bought Nov 100/105 long call spread for $1750 and it's already worth $4550. Wow.

Broke down and bought Dec 105/110 for $2200. Will get $470 in dividends if its in that range next week in addition to the final sale price of the spread.

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on October 31, 2014, 05:22:40 pm
Bought Nov 100/105 long call spread for $1750 and it's already worth $4550. Wow.

Broke down and bought Dec 105/110 for $2200. Will get $470 in dividends if its in that range next week in addition to the final sale price of the spread.

Good news: I sold the 100/105 spread for $4800. The 105/110 is now worth $3675.

Bad news: I did not realize I don't get the dividend unless I exercise the options before the ex-dividend date, but that is kinda complicated to do in an option spread. A new challenge!

vandybuff

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on November 12, 2014, 10:26:41 pm
Good news: I sold the 100/105 spread for $4800. The 105/110 is now worth $3675.

Bad news: I did not realize I don't get the dividend unless I exercise the options before the ex-dividend date, but that is kinda complicated to do in an option spread. A new challenge!

Benton, we were all being polite to not mention this -- sorry for the 'revelation'.  It surely would be nice if it did work that way.
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: vandybuff on November 13, 2014, 09:26:44 am
Benton, we were all being polite to not mention this -- sorry for the 'revelation'.  It surely would be nice if it did work that way.

Yeah, I'd have to have the cash in the account to buy the 1000 shares($105k?). No way it's worth doing that. Guess I'll just have to settle for my 174% profit.

hog.goblin

174% profit...not too shabby

BENTON PIGGEE

I sold my Dec 105/110 call spread for $4800 today, a 118% profit on a 6 week holding period. ;D