Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Have an Economics Degree Here?

Started by OnTheHillHogFan, April 26, 2012, 06:56:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

john c

Right now, economists may be incognito, kind of like Arthur Andersen Enron auditors.  If you want them to come out, give them a safe environment.  Preface your question like this:  I have a question about economics but I don't want anyone with an economics degree to reply. Nooo, don't answer.  I want an answer I can understand and trust.

OldPoop

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens my act only by permission.   Ayn Rand

You get what you pay for.   You pay for zombies, you get all you want – and then some. 
Milton Friedman
"To say the government is the source of prosperity is like saying that the ticks are keeping the dog alive."  Jeff Tucker
Government attracts sociopaths the way an open bar attracts alcoholics.      Doug Casey
War - the government tells you who the bad guy is . . . . . Revolution - you figure it out for yourself.

Ash

I have degrees in Economics and Finance. I am not an Economist though since I do not have a PhD.

john c

Well, gee, Ash, we were trying to cover for you and you went right out and exposed yourself.  Your only way out now is to edit your post quickly and add "Home" right after the words "degree in".  Also, at the end add that you will only answer questions related to how much casseroles cost or the utils in sewing your own seersucker shirts.

My answer to Greenbriar regarding food is "Joe's Pizza".

HawgPilot

My minor is in economics but I partied alot! 8)

OldPoop

Quote from: john c on April 27, 2012, 10:31:52 am
Right now, economists may be incognito, kind of like Arthur Andersen Enron auditors.  If you want them to come out, give them a safe environment.  Preface your question like this:  I have a question about economics but I don't want anyone with an economics degree to reply. Nooo, don't answer.  I want an answer I can understand and trust.

I thought this kind of goes along with your comment.

The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled. With something so important, a deeper mystery seems only decent.

- John Kenneth Galbraith
We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens my act only by permission.   Ayn Rand

You get what you pay for.   You pay for zombies, you get all you want – and then some. 
Milton Friedman
"To say the government is the source of prosperity is like saying that the ticks are keeping the dog alive."  Jeff Tucker
Government attracts sociopaths the way an open bar attracts alcoholics.      Doug Casey
War - the government tells you who the bad guy is . . . . . Revolution - you figure it out for yourself.

IronHog

Quote from: OldPoop on May 11, 2012, 03:37:10 pm
I thought this kind of goes along with your comment.

The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled. With something so important, a deeper mystery seems only decent.

- John Kenneth Galbraith

When the freaking facebook IPO is worth billions you start thinking the Mayan calender might have ended when it did for a reason

--IronHog
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

OldPoop

Quote from: IronHog on May 11, 2012, 03:43:56 pm

When the freaking facebook IPO is worth billions you start thinking the Mayan calender might have ended when it did for a reason

--IronHog

I think this may have been the reason.

Milton Friedman