Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Asset Allocation?

Started by snoblind, May 04, 2011, 02:20:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

snoblind

I know the danger of taking a snapshot of the market, but noticed something today. 

I've mentioned that I use ETF's extensively and at point everything I own was down except a few short positions.  US large and small caps, PM's, PM stocks, US REITs, International REITs, emerging markets, developed markets, and agricultural commodities.  The only thing I didn't check were bonds since at the moment only bonds I have are in mutual funds.

Mining Stocks have turned around since, the rest still down.

LRHawg

The funny thing is with all this manipulation the dollar is still doing terrible. Bad sign.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: snoblind on May 04, 2011, 02:20:12 pm
I know the danger of taking a snapshot of the market, but noticed something today. 

I've mentioned that I use ETF's extensively and at point everything I own was down except a few short positions.  US large and small caps, PM's, PM stocks, US REITs, International REITs, emerging markets, developed markets, and agricultural commodities.  The only thing I didn't check were bonds since at the moment only bonds I have are in mutual funds.

Mining Stocks have turned around since, the rest still down.
In the last year or two, asset allocation hasn't done much unless you were in alternative investments (some long/short hedge funds and the like) or were shorting stocks. In other words, correlation among all asset returns has been pretty high.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.