Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AXAS earnings and insider buying

Started by valuehog, May 21, 2010, 05:41:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

valuehog

AXAS made $0.15 cents in Q1 - not bad for a just over $2 stock....

Also, Director Burke just reported buying about 37K more shares today at a price of around $2.20 per share.

The volatility in AXAS is killing me.  I wish I was better at trading in and out on the spikes and plunges!

OldPoop

Quote from: valuehog on May 21, 2010, 05:41:26 pm
AXAS made $0.15 cents in Q1 - not bad for a just over $2 stock....

Also, Director Burke just reported buying about 37K more shares today at a price of around $2.20 per share.

The volatility in AXAS is killing me.  I wish I was better at trading in and out on the spikes and plunges!

Volatility can be your friend if you run a pyramid or ladder scheme, that's why I like silver ETFs.

On a $2 stock you might set up your buys for every .05 or .10 down, and your sell points every .10, .20 or .30 up.  In a ladder you buy/sell equal numbers of shares at each buy/sell point, and in a pyramid you increase the number of shares purchased at each buy point on the way down because the cheaper the stock gets the safer the buy is ( as long as you pick a stock that is not going to go out of business).

This is the system Stewart Thomson has made million$ on.  He calls it a daily grind, like going to work.  You don't worry about what "experts" are predicting, never try to call a top or bottom or guess what the market is going to do, because you will miss way more often then you hit.  Just respond to price. Only buy on the way down, and only sell on the way up, and don't try to squeeze the last drop out of the stock.  Be happy with your consistent profits and don't worry about the occasional money you missed by not hanging on longer.  Greed will make you lose more often than win. He has a "pyramid generator" that you plug your numbers into (amount you have to invest and the amount  you want your buy points spaced apart) and it spits out all your buy and sell points and numbers of shares for each one.  Most of his clients are super rich (it takes a lot of money to properly fund a pgen, he says this is how the banksters operate) but you can easily do a simple smaller one on your own.

He says the stock market is like war and each trade is a battle.  Someone wins and someone loses on every trade.  If you have enough self control to stick to his system, you will consistently make money, and it will be the other guy losing. 
We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens my act only by permission.   Ayn Rand

You get what you pay for.   You pay for zombies, you get all you want – and then some. 
Milton Friedman
"To say the government is the source of prosperity is like saying that the ticks are keeping the dog alive."  Jeff Tucker
Government attracts sociopaths the way an open bar attracts alcoholics.      Doug Casey
War - the government tells you who the bad guy is . . . . . Revolution - you figure it out for yourself.

Dr. Leonard Ford

So, where does one get this "pyramid generator"?

Silver Hog

OldPoop

Quote from: Dr. Leonard Ford on May 24, 2010, 12:58:46 pm
So, where does one get this "pyramid generator"?

I believe you have to subscribe to get to all his stuff.

You can do it on your own.  The only advantage to his pgen is that if you're rich enough to properly fund one, it takes the thinking and planning out of it.  I'm a subscriber, but other than plugging in wishful numbers to pretend what if, I've never used one to do my buying and selling, I'm too poor.  Occasionally he will do a short video on doing a pgen in something, for example an oil stock, and he will say, "Okay, you plug in let's say $100,000, you set your buy points every $.50 down, your sell points every $1.50 up, allocate 30% to your inner core, 40% to your outer core, it's currently $10.00 a share so maybe make $15 the top price and $5 the bottom, enter, and there are all your buy and sell points with number of shares to trade each time."  His subscribers that do gold pgens invest millions.

But to just make a steady profit, you don't have to worry about inner and outer cores (which are to accumulate assets), just buy at predetermined points as the stock goes down (buy weakness), and sell at larger predetermined points as the stock goes up (sell strength).  Set up a few buy and sell points as good until cancelled so you don't have to always be watching the computer screen.

Don't chase price (buying a stock that's already going up, you missed that bus, there will be a 1000 more chances), don't worry about the market going up or down, just respond to price (buy weakness, sell strength).

That, in a nutshell, is the basis of his teachings. 
I just saved you $169 for a years subscription.

Of course there is a lot more useful info on his website, and I look foreward everyday to reading his newsletter on what the banksters are up to, and what's going on in Europe, China, and with our government. It keeps me grounded.

His May 25 newsletter is posted today at http://www.321gold.com/editorials/thomson_s/thomson_s_052510.html
We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens my act only by permission.   Ayn Rand

You get what you pay for.   You pay for zombies, you get all you want – and then some. 
Milton Friedman
"To say the government is the source of prosperity is like saying that the ticks are keeping the dog alive."  Jeff Tucker
Government attracts sociopaths the way an open bar attracts alcoholics.      Doug Casey
War - the government tells you who the bad guy is . . . . . Revolution - you figure it out for yourself.

Dr. Leonard Ford

valuehog

I'm trying your advice Oldpoop.....I added some shares to my position several days ago at $2.35 and then turned around and sold them this morning at $2.75.  I'll be looking to buy those shares back if the price dips back down very much.

On another note, AXAS is on the preliminary list to be added to the Russell 3000 index:

http://www.russell.com/indexes/membership/Reconstitution/Reconstitution_changes.aspx#top

CampuspostmanHOG

Quote from: valuehog on June 14, 2010, 08:22:40 pm
I'm trying your advice Oldpoop.....I added some shares to my position several days ago at $2.35 and then turned around and sold them this morning at $2.75.  I'll be looking to buy those shares back if the price dips back down very much.

On another note, AXAS is on the preliminary list to be added to the Russell 3000 index:

http://www.russell.com/indexes/membership/Reconstitution/Reconstitution_changes.aspx#top

That's my style of trading.

Keep in mind you'll rarely hit the bottom on the buy or top on the sell. Don't buy back too soon after you've closed the trade (common mistake).

Almost every trade you'll feel you could have done better. Don't let that get you down. Plan your trade and trade your plan.

OldPoop

June 15, 2010, 12:13:01 pm #8 Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 12:17:18 pm by OldPoop
Quote from: CampuspostmanHOG on June 14, 2010, 08:55:34 pm
Almost every trade you'll feel you could have done better. Don't let that get you down. Plan your trade and trade your plan.

That is the hardest thing to do.
It's what I still struggle with on a daily basis.
Greed and holding out for the big score is the killer with day to day trading.

I still think more about what I could have made on the occasional few that keep going up and not as much as I should about the vast majority that just bounce around offering me a steady profit.  The professional trader just goes through the daily grind of making a small steady profit and ignores the rest.

That's part of the reason Stewart Thomson says to sell at 3 times the increase (ex., buy every .25 down and sell every .75 up).  His pyramid generator automatically divides the .75 profit shares into an inner core, an outer core, and trading shares.  The trading shares are used for the next dip buy, the outer core is held back and used for that occasional time that the stock keeps going up (so you're not left kicking yourself for missing out), and the inner core is held as a continuously growing asset until times look like get out of the market and into something else.

IMO that's great for rich folks, but for poor people like me, most profit has to be reinvested to try to stay ahead of real inflation (not the pretend gov inflation numbers).   

Milton Friedman