Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April Close, Buy it now thank me later

Started by OldPoop, May 01, 2010, 08:03:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OldPoop

I've been watching AXAS since it was first mentioned here because it looked to have tremendous potential, and for a while this month I thought it was going to overtake our current champ.  But it is now the new one month champ, up 43% from it's March high to it's April high, beating CMI's Feb. gain of 24%.

But at April close, for the third month in a row, CMI ($72.23) is still kicking a$$ at 60%, with a couple of position changes back in the pack.

% increase from Jan. 29

CMI . . . 60%
AXAS . . 50%
RF . . . . 39%
GDXJ . . 32%
CX . . . . 29%
ORNI . . 18%
BRK.B . .<1%
SYNM . . -%

However, CMI may have peaked at $76.81, it closed the month $4+ down from it's high. 
I'm thinking we may have a new leader next month.

IMO, for the most part, I think our Hawg picks have done pretty well compared to the average investor.
We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens my act only by permission.   Ayn Rand

You get what you pay for.   You pay for zombies, you get all you want – and then some. 
Milton Friedman
"To say the government is the source of prosperity is like saying that the ticks are keeping the dog alive."  Jeff Tucker
Government attracts sociopaths the way an open bar attracts alcoholics.      Doug Casey
War - the government tells you who the bad guy is . . . . . Revolution - you figure it out for yourself.

alwaysondbigscreen

I dropped a spot so im wearing my rally hat for RF this month youall better watch out cause im bringin d wood.
some say he's a cia experiment gone wrong

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: alwaysondbigscreen on May 01, 2010, 10:18:15 am
I dropped a spot so im wearing my rally hat for RF this month youall better watch out cause im bringin d wood.
I heard something here yesterday from someone in the loop regarding Morgan Keegan. It was not good news to say the least. If Morgan Keegan goes down, it has to be very detrimental to Regions. My point is, I would not want to be a Regions shareholder at the moment. Maybe it ends up being okay but there is extreme risk in the stock right now.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

kingoftherapids

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: kingoftherapids on May 02, 2010, 02:19:23 am
So maybe a little shortage action?
Buy yourself $10,000 worth of puts on RF. I bought twenty August $30 puts on Moodys (MCO) on April 20th and am already up 38% on them, in just 10 days. And I'm not an options player - I can count on one hand the number of times I've bought either puts or calls in the last 10 years.

Moody's is catching flak for their involvement in the sub-prime mortgage-induced financial crisis. I posted here back in fall of 2008 or early 2009 that these ratings agencies (Moody's, S&P, et al) were in bed with the issuers of this crap. How can a security be rated A+ when it's backed by sub-prime mortgages? Here's how: Moody's is paid by the issuer, Goldman Sachs, to say it is A+. Ridiculous breach of fiduciary duty and obvious conflict of interest that certainly violates securities laws.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.