Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BA and Citi Face Nationalization

Started by SpareRib, January 17, 2009, 04:32:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SpareRib

I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

Masshog

I actually had a name other than BOA in mind.  I would be very surprised if there isn't at least one more, also very unexpected. 
My feets hurt.

PorcineSublime

So, does anyone on here see anyway for the government to get out of these deals once the economy gets better? Better yet, does anyone see the Government wanting out? Not that they could screw the pooch anymore than the private sector did, but it makes me nervous have such a concentration of power.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

john c

Quote from: PorcineSublime on January 18, 2009, 09:17:04 am
So, does anyone on here see anyway for the government to get out of these deals once the economy gets better? Better yet, does anyone see the Government wanting out? Not that they could screw the pooch anymore than the private sector did, but it makes me nervous have such a concentration of power.

I'm filing the current bailouts and corresponding increase in the national debt along with the promise that the cost of the Iraq war would be paid back in oil (can anyone verify that?).  I have virtually zero confidence in the politicians to do anything but politic.  Add to those the coming shortfall in SS and Medicare and possibly payments from the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation and it is a big number that has to be overcome somehow.

SpareRib

Quote from: Masshog on January 17, 2009, 06:11:10 pm
I actually had a name other than BOA in mind.  I would be very surprised if there isn't at least one more, also very unexpected. 

ouch!
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!