Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anybody ever have dealings with Gordon Getty?

Started by Biggus Piggus, November 07, 2008, 10:02:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

HOGSCALD

You can't do that - if there's a good story you have to tell it.  Isn't there some kind of code on this board that would require you to do more than just tease.

I believe his dad said that his (J Paul's) problems were just like every one else's with just a few zero's added.
You give 100 percent in the first half of the game, and if that isn't enough, in the second half you give what's left.
--  Yogi Berra

Masshog

Give man, give...... a breathless world waits.... 
My feets hurt.

Biggus Piggus

He hosts a business meeting at his castle estate house thing.  Massive place.  He's the owner of the company in question but doesn't run it.  Kind of a spectator.  He's asked, do you want to make a comment about how to ride through times like these, what to do when everything seems dark.  He stands and starts singing.  Like an opera star.  Vibrato, in Italian, the works.  Stands up two more times during dinner and does it again.  Hooboy.
[CENSORED]!

john c

Isn't that what he wanted to do - be an opera singer?  Maybe tried and didn't work out so well?  I've seen people stand up in a group and begin singing spontaneously but they were ripped.  What did the attendees do?

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: john c on November 10, 2008, 05:06:15 pm
Isn't that what he wanted to do - be an opera singer?  Maybe tried and didn't work out so well?  I've seen people stand up in a group and begin singing spontaneously but they were ripped.  What did the attendees do?

Gaped.
[CENSORED]!

SultanofSwine

I like his answer...spread a little culture and look for the things in life that make you smile. Maybe he should have just held up a bottle of Prozac. ;)

chortle

SpareRib

November 11, 2008, 10:23:34 am #9 Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 10:25:20 am by SpareRib
Was in the Getty Villa and the Getty Museum last month.  What a story the family is. Brilliance and borderline madness.  Ruthlessness and philanthropy.  (But to answer your question directly, nope. Never met Gordon.)

I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!