Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

E-Trade

Started by LL COOL HOG, June 10, 2008, 06:53:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LL COOL HOG

I just created two accounts.  My standard trading account and a Roth.  I'm looking for advice on mutual funds for the Roth.  I'm 32 years old looking for something fairly aggressive or just a good Index Fund.  Any advice?

Section B

Quote from: bigrod155 on June 10, 2008, 06:53:55 pm
I just created two accounts.  My standard trading account and a Roth.  I'm looking for advice on mutual funds for the Roth.  I'm 32 years old looking for something fairly aggressive or just a good Index Fund.  Any advice?

Dreyfus has several no load index funds (S&P 600, S&P 400, Nasdaq 100 etc etc).  Take a look to see which fits your risk/volatility profile.
Quote from: wocraig on February 23, 2009, 09:34:42 PM
"This is the beginning of a major character flaw with American society.
If this feeling of entitlement is allowed to fester, our republic will not be maintainable.
We need a grassroots movement encouraging personal responsibility and the reiteration that government only provides equality of opportunity... NOT EQUALITY OF OUTCOME." 

Amen brotha.

LL COOL HOG

The Marmot

Here is good fund that I've been reading about... CGMFX. Their website is www.cgmfunds.com .

Here is a good article on the fund manager Ken Heebner.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/05/23/magazines/fortune/birger_americas_hottest_investor.fortune/index.htm
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

HawgPharm

cbwiseman

Hartford Capital Appreciation Fund - ITHAX is a great fund and beat its index the Russell 2000 pretty well.

Capital Income Builder with American Funds is solid.

But have a strategy of an asset allocation model that matches you risk tolerance levels with regard to you age, future, feelings and family dynamics.