Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone know why Stokes did not log 1 min today for Tenn??

Started by UNCLE BACK, January 07, 2012, 12:42:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

UNCLE BACK

hogfan98

The Hog

Quote from: hogfan98 on January 07, 2012, 12:50:21 pm
Can't play until spring classes start.
Can play after he attends his first class on January 11th.
Automatic RUN!

jbcarol

On the the SEC Teleconference call Cuonzo Martin confirmed that Stokes will be cleared to play and probably won't play the rest of this week.  They want to ensure his physical readiness.

In an unrelated note, Mike Dyer will not be playing for Auburn next fall due to concerns relating to their fiscal readiness.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Stokes entered the game after the under 12 media time out in the first half against UK.  He gave the Vols a big lift.

Tim Harris

The kid looks good today.  You can tell he hasn't much work with the team yet but the the athletic ability is definitely there.

jbcarol

The Hog

Quote from: jbcarol on January 19, 2012, 12:42:19 pm
How does he compare to Tobias Harris?
What watching the two games he has played here is the difference.  Harris graduated high school after a full senior season of ball.  Stokes did not play any games while he was in school, then graduated to enter Tennessee early.  Harris essentially has a year of experience on Stokes.  Harris - senior season in high school and all the fall practices and games with the Vols.  Stokes looks tough and will only get better the more he practices and plays.  As Jimmy said, this kid should be playing his senior year of high school ball.  Just my take.  I wish we could have landed this kid.  He gives the Vols an inside presence.
Automatic RUN!