Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC finally gets a win.

Started by ceegar, December 30, 2017, 03:22:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ceegar

Mississippi St. beats Louisville.
Go Hogs. Go Noles.

Dr. Starcs

Bobby with a big game coaching performance. Losing to a backup qb and a patched together coaching staff.

Lmbo

Atlhogfan1

Miss St's Fr qb is good.  Saw the first qtr.  Good win with an interim HC and grad asst's.

Bobby's O is so Jackson reliant.  Going to be interesting to see where Lou goes after Jackson. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ceegar

2 years in a row Louisville can't beat an SEC West team.  LSU smoked them last year.
Go Hogs. Go Noles.

LRRandy

This is fun, isn't it.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 30, 2017, 03:28:18 pm
Lmbo

I had to look it up, but apparently: "Laughing my butt off. A less dramatic version of LMAO."

Why are you being so anti-climactic and low-drama with your abbreviations?

AirWarren

Bobby with a big game coaching performance. Losing to a backup qb and a patched together coaching staff.

Lmbo

I know right.

Bobby still can't win the big one.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 30, 2017, 04:14:17 pm
I had to look it up, but apparently: "Laughing my butt off. A less dramatic version of LMAO."

^^^ Drama queen

Laugh Out Loud

DukeOfPork

Lmbo

I had that one down as a UL rout.  Really, there is no excuse for Louisville losing to MSU, who was missing their coach and QB.

BP didn't do his job, quite frankly.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: DukeOfPork on December 30, 2017, 04:32:22 pm
I had that one down as a UL rout.  Really, there is no excuse for Louisville losing to MSU, who was missing their coach and QB.

Agreed. No excuse for losing that game. Lamar with 4 ints.

Dark Helmet Hog

MSU even got hosed by the refs. Terrible late hit call and missed fumble gave Louisville 7. 

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on December 30, 2017, 04:38:03 pm
MSU even got hosed by the refs. Terrible late hit call and missed fumble gave Louisville 7. 

Yes I thought the same thing.  Good win State.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 30, 2017, 04:33:58 pm
Agreed. No excuse for losing that game. Lamar with 4 ints.

The Petrino Cult on here won't like it, but here goes: BP is not the coach he was in 2011. In his 2nd run at L'Ville he has lost some of that fire that used to burn so brightly.

No way that team with the reigning Heisman winner and a bunch of returning starters should have lost 5 games. They were lucky to beat FSU with Blackman fumbling near the red zone late as FSU was setting up the game winning FG. Then UL won in OT.

BTW, for the Chavis couldn't coach a wild bear to crap in the woods people, one of UL's 5 losses was to Wake Forest 42-32. Petrino got outdueled by Dave Clawson just as the Interim HC at A&M and Chavis did yesterday.

That Wake Forest team is a LOT better than people on here are giving them credit for. They scored 64 on the same Syracuse team that Clemson scored 24 on, although Kelly Bryant left that game late in the 1st half with an injury, both games in the Carrier Dome.

Wake lost to Clemson 28-14, Auburn lost to them by 4. Nobody in the ACC blew them out. Check their schedule and results. They finished ahead of Louisville in their division due to the tie breaker of beating them. WF is a good team with a lethal offense. That QB Wolford had around 450-500 yards and 5 TDs vs Louisville.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

Hoginsavga

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 30, 2017, 03:30:30 pm
Miss St's Fr qb is good.  Saw the first qtr.  Good win with an interim HC and grad asst's.

Bobby's O is so Jackson reliant.  Going to be interesting to see where Lou goes after Jackson.

The worst thing thing that happened to Petrino and Louisville was when Lamar Jackson started campaigning for the Heisman and winning the award. It all became about him and not the team.

Petrino is a much better coach with passing QBs like Mallett, Wilson and Bhrom. Quarterbacks that pass first and run only when it's absolutely the only option left. This of course is Petrino's fault for allowing Jackson to take over the offense. Much like it was Petrino's fault for the motorcycle ride. Petrino and Louisville will come back strong once he gets his traditional quarterback in control of his team.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: SooieGeneris on December 30, 2017, 04:53:47 pm
The Petrino Cult on here won't like it, but here goes: BP is not the coach he was in 2011. In his 2nd run at L'Ville he has lost some of that fire that used to burn so brightly.

No way that team with the reigning Heisman winner and a bunch of returning starters should have lost 5 games. They were lucky to beat FSU with Blackman fumbling near the red zone late as FSU was setting up the game winning FG. Then UL won in OT.

BTW, for the Chavis couldn't coach a wild bear to crap in the woods people, one of UL's 5 losses was to Wake Forest 42-32. Petrino got outdueled by Dave Clawson just as the Interim HC at A&M and Chavis did yesterday.

That Wake Forest team is a LOT better than people on here are giving them credit for. They scored 64 on the same Syracuse team that Clemson scored 24 on, although Kelly Bryant left that game late in the 1st half with an injury, both games in the Carrier Dome.

Wake lost to Clemson 28-14, Auburn lost to them by 4. Nobody in the ACC blew them out. Check their schedule and results. They finished ahead of Louisville in their division due to the tie breaker of beating them. WF is a good team with a lethal offense. That QB Wolford had around 450-500 yards and 5 TDs vs Louisville.

It's ok to not like Petrino and Chavis.

jcbville

Sweet Bobby jesus never seems to use his genius in games that matter. We all know he's a genius. Why won't he use his genius? He has such a big genius...

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 30, 2017, 04:28:36 pm
^^^ Drama queen

Laugh Out Loud

Just making sure we have all our abbreviations correct, sir.

MultipleScoreGasms

I get it, but we need a DC that can game plan and stop lethal offenses as well.  It gets old being the team that can beat another team, unless they're good.  I just can't get on board with the "but they score a lot of points on other teams too" argument.

I agree that Bobby's fire isn't burning as much as before.  To keep the fire burning, you must trim and dip the wick.  Maybe Bobby's wick isn't being dipped enough.

Dark Helmet Hog

Petrino had more talent at Arkansas than he does now.

WaltonCollege

Bielema beat Miss State once in five years.

wildhogman

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on December 30, 2017, 05:50:23 pm
How is that possible? I mean he has been there for 4 or 5 years. Is this not all his recruits?  To hear some people around here ell it Bobby is an excellent recruiter. Ofcourse Rainman is an excellent driver also. 

wildhogman

Quote from: WaltonCollege on December 30, 2017, 05:56:28 pm
Bielema beat Miss State once in five years.
And that means what to this conversation?  How about this CCM is 0-0 against Msst?  Doesn't change a thing does it

LRRandy

Quote from: wildhogman on December 30, 2017, 06:08:25 pm
How is that possible? I mean he has been there for 4 or 5 years. Is this not all his recruits?  To hear some people around here ell it Bobby is an excellent recruiter. Ofcourse Rainman is an excellent driver also.
This is fun, isn't it.

jcharkansas

Wonder if he's got himself another mistress, seems he was much less prepared when Jessica came in the picture here.... looking back

MultipleScoreGasms

Quote from: wildhogman on December 30, 2017, 06:08:25 pm

It's possible because it's obvious.  In his last 2 years here, his teams finished 15th and 5th nationally.  Different results in Louisville.  Yes they are all his players.  He just had a more talented group here.  Not an excuse, just the way it is.  Right now, I like his chances to improve better than ours.  Hope I'm wrong.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ceegar on December 30, 2017, 03:36:04 pm
2 years in a row Louisville can't beat an SEC West team.  LSU smoked them last year.
so did Kentucky lol
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 30, 2017, 04:14:17 pm

WGAF.!?  ;)
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: MultipleScoreGasms on December 30, 2017, 07:18:42 pm
It's possible because it's obvious.  In his last 2 years here, his teams finished 15th and 5th nationally.  Different results in Louisville.  Yes they are all his players.  He just had a more talented group here.  Not an excuse, just the way it is.  Right now, I like his chances to improve better than ours.  Hope I'm wrong.

Not only wrong, but borderline idiotic... Take two breaths and call me in the morning.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Was glad to see MSU win. Wife is an alum so it might help with relations later. MSU had no reason to care about the game. Lost Mullen, and Grantham. Nick Fitz hurt and playing with a true freshman QB. They played with great effort from start to finish.  Lot of props to the interims. Hope they all go to Florida or get other jobs

BP is still a good coach but most likely on the back side of his career arc. Can still win 8 to 9 per year at UL make good coin and be a dick.

One sure sign that he has lost a step is that he hired Peter Sirmon after he had a horrendous year as DC at MSU last year
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Cinco de Hogo

Probably some level of truth to what most have said but I don't think any have the corner on the absolute truth.   What should be the truth is that Arkansas should always have better players and a better coach than Louisville, as should most SEC teams. 

hoghevn

It's disgusting but funny on here how people make excuses for Petrino's losses but rant and rave over Coach Morris' and Chavis' circumstances and any loss they've ever had.  Petrino just lost to a sub par team coached by an interim coaching staff while having a 2016 heisman winner as a QB.  But as others have stated; it's the QB's selfish attitude which Petrino has no control over & once he gets a submissive obedient QB, he'll be back on top, because he's a genius......  blah, blah, blah,...  PATHETIC.  CMM & Chaviswill do a MAGNIFICENT job at Arkansas, either get on board or at least hope for the best.  I hope to GOD a lot of you don't have children in sports needing your support.    Like stated earlier; PATHETIC.
Einstein - "The difference between genius and stupdity; genius has limits."

lumphog

Late night volleyball games

EastexHawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 30, 2017, 03:30:30 pm

I think the offense and team may actually be better with a QB who plays within the offense.  Jackson has cost Louisville numerous games, including today's, with poor performances passing the ball and terrible ball security.  He's a talent who adds a definite different dimension, but he also tends to give away a lot.

Kevin

no way the beat the great bobby petrino
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

870hogfan

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 30, 2017, 08:58:37 pm
I think the offense and team may actually be better with a QB who plays within the offense.  Jackson has cost Louisville numerous games, including today's, with poor performances passing the ball and terrible ball security.  He's a talent who adds a definite different dimension, but he also tends to give away a lot.

Making excuses for Bobby is great huh? He should have never loss to a team who had no coach...

EastexHawg

Quote from: jcharkansas on December 30, 2017, 07:01:14 pm
Wonder if he's got himself another mistress, seems he was much less prepared when Jessica came in the picture here.... looking back

Yes, because his Hogs beat a top ten team convincingly in the Cotton Bowl in the last game he ever coached here.  If he hadn't been so distracted that #5 finish would have been better, up to Arkansas standards.

EastexHawg

Quote from: 870hogfan on December 30, 2017, 09:31:08 pm

Making excuses for Bobby is great huh?

Thanks.  I learned from others during five years of Bielema.

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

870hogfan

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 30, 2017, 09:36:31 pm
Thanks.  I learned from others during five years of Bielema.

Oh you did huh? You always take up for the guy. It's quite funny when the Petrino cult comes out...

EastexHawg

Quote from: 870hogfan on December 30, 2017, 09:41:19 pm

Oh you did huh? You always take up for the guy. It's quite funny when the Petrino cult comes out...

I didn't mention Petrino at all.  I said Lamar Jackson's carelessness with the football cost Louisville the game, and it did.  He was inaccurate all day but kept forcing the ball into coverage.  He has done the same in other games I have watched, including Kentucky last year.

Louisville lost by less than a TD in a game in which their QB threw four interceptions and continually gave up big yardage sacks because he tried to do too much with his feet instead of throwing the ball away.  For some reason talking about that in a thread discussing the game prompts you to launch into talking about a cult.  But you're probably right, you are not the one who is obsessed with Petrino.  It's everyone else.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

jcharkansas

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 30, 2017, 09:34:32 pm
Yes, because his Hogs beat a top ten team convincingly in the Cotton Bowl in the last game he ever coached here.  If he hadn't been so distracted that #5 finish would have been better, up to Arkansas standards.
Was more referring to the Vandy game where we almost got beat, don't get me wrong I loved Bobby P and never wanted him fired.... just making a joke

MultipleScoreGasms

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on December 30, 2017, 08:18:06 pm
Not only wrong, but borderline idiotic... Take two breaths and call me in the morning.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you realize BP has 13 years experience as a HC at 3 different schools on his resume.  I also assume you realize he has had only one year with a winning percentage below .600, and that was here.  And of course you are aware that two of his teams have appeared in 11 post season bowl games, and have won 5.  I'm guessing you remember we were one of those.  Of course you also know those teams finished ranked in the top 25 seven times.  Two of those were here, including one of the four times his teams finished ranked in the top 10.  These aren't things he accomplished as an OC, or as a high school HC.  If so, we could throw in the undefeated season Tubby had at Auburn.  I am confident that BP can field a nationally competitive team at this level because he has demonstrated it.....frequently.  Please remind me.  What did we accomplished in the 10 years prior to his tenure at AR, or the 6 years after?

As for CCM, there is a lot to like.  For instance, his deep connections in TX HS football, or his experiences as an OC at Tulsa and Clemson, and even the year-over-year improvement his teams made at SMU.  Can he make us relevant?  Who knows at this point?  Perhaps he can surpass anything done here before, but we don't have a good predictor.  He only has 3 years HC experience on his resume, and his overall win percentage is .378.  Out of the 36 regular season games his teams have played, opponents scored 40 or more points 17 times (or 47%).  Like it or not, those are the facts.  It won't get easier in the SEC West.  I realize that confuses you, but scoring 50 points won't matter if the other team scores 52, which is why so many of us are concerned about who his choice for DC will be.  I look forward to the CCM era, and wish him the best, but I don't operate on "blind faith."  If he succeeds, it will be by proving here what he hasn't had time to prove anywhere else. 

DukeOfPork

BP is revered here in the same way that James Dean and JFK were: none of them lasted long enough to have stretches of mediocrity that would make us realize they were human.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: 12247 on December 30, 2017, 05:29:57 pm
Maybe Bobby's wick isn't being dipped enough.

The problem BP had at Arkansas was that he was dipping his wick too much.

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on December 30, 2017, 05:50:23 pm

True on so many levels.   ;)

DeWayne R

Lmbo

Guess which team WON enough to be in a bowl game?

LMBO
When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: DukeOfPork on December 30, 2017, 10:35:10 pm
BP is revered here in the same way that James Dean and JFK were: none of them lasted long enough to have stretches of mediocrity that would make us realize they were human.
If stretches of mediocrity mean winning 8-9 every year like he's doing at UL sign me up.

Tigaman

It seems like the Petrino haters have yet to get over him yet. I wonder how long it take. You would have thunk that the Beilema disaster would have put in better perspective of what he did her.

wildhogman

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 30, 2017, 09:49:34 pm
I didn't mention Petrino at all.  I said Lamar Jackson's carelessness with the football cost Louisville the game, and it did.  He was inaccurate all day but kept forcing the ball into coverage.  He has done the same in other games I have watched, including Kentucky last year.

Louisville lost by less than a TD in a game in which their QB threw four interceptions and continually gave up big yardage sacks because he tried to do too much with his feet instead of throwing the ball away.  For some reason talking about that in a thread discussing the game prompts you to launch into talking about a cult.  But you're probably right, you are not the one who is obsessed with Petrino.  It's everyone else.
wait????? wot?????? a petrino coached QB making those kinds of mistakes?  OMG say it aint so. Why we all know lil bobby would not tolerate any player that didn't do "exactly' as he wished.
Even scarier then his QB woes is the fact a freshman QB with interim coach and DC, and whoever else, scored enough to beat the great bob the Harley rider petrino.  Same ol song same ol dance.  4 years and that D is falling off. Nothing like the players he inherited from the worst coach Texas ever had.  Only thing changing this dance card. he cannot jump to another team. No escape this time, so he will have to play with the cards he deals. An yes, he is the dealer, as he is the one signing off on every recruit they get each year