Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maybe third best team in the State

Started by atom hog, November 04, 2017, 07:07:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

atom hog

Congrats Bert! Your team is now #3 in the state behind ASU and UCA!

David†

Hawginj

No even close Henderson and possibly uam would beat the breaks off the hogs

Poop Hoggy Hogg

No doubt. A-State is one of the best teams not in a P5 conference, and UCA is one of the best FCS teams. Both would destroy Arkansas this year.

NuttinItUp

UA-Fort Smith could do some damage.

(Yes, even though they don't have a football team.)

Hawgphish

someone on here tried to argue that Arkansas had more talent than University of Memphis.   Please.  I am a hog fan but I can see that we have a lack of talent and we are poorly coached.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Hawgphish on November 04, 2017, 07:12:10 pm
someone on here tried to argue that Arkansas had more talent than University of Memphis.   Please.  I am a hog fan but I can see that we have a lack of talent and we are poorly coached.

There are plenty of FCS teams that have more talent than us this year.

Coaching change is needed. Drain The Swamp..

DoubleReedHawgCaller

West Memphis community college would beat this team right now and they don't even play football.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

atom hog

Please don't discourage our players by trying to crush the pride of being #3.

BearsBisonsBoars

Last year's Harding went deep in the playoffs. They ran a tricky flexbone offense.

With our poor assignemt play, I bet even the Bisons could give us a run if coach Huck handn't retired.

(notOM)Rebel123

Vegas would have  ASU by 2 TD's
UCA would be a "pick 'em"
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

hog of steele

Didn't a state lose to a terrible Nebraska team this year? I don't think that would be as gimme as some of our fans want to believe.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: hog of steele on November 04, 2017, 08:56:00 pm
Didn't a state lose to a terrible Nebraska team this year? I don't think that would be as gimme as some of our fans want to believe.

Yes it would.... sorry
They hung 51 on Coastal

David†

Quote from: hog of steele on November 04, 2017, 08:56:00 pm

Did you just see that craptastic performance by the Razorbacks?

hog of steele

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on November 04, 2017, 08:58:26 pm
Yes it would.... sorry
They hung 51 on Coastal

Transitive property? Pretty useless tbh.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: hog of steele on November 04, 2017, 09:00:38 pm
Transitive property? Pretty useless tbh.

Clever...but anyone who throws out the "transitive property" knows  down deep that it's true....

hog of steele

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on November 04, 2017, 09:06:07 pm
Clever...but anyone who throws out the "transitive property" knows  down deep that it's true....

Clever...but anybody who uses the transitive property know deep down its because they don't have real evidence...

See this is easy

Dark Helmet Hog

Not real sure they're the best team in Fayetteville.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: hog of steele on November 04, 2017, 09:09:34 pm
Clever...but anybody who uses the transitive property know deep down its because they don't have real evidence...

See this is easy

Technically...no. But if you have watched ASU at all this year, you'd know they are very capable of beating the Hogs. Deny it all you want...but it is reality.

hog of steele

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on November 04, 2017, 09:20:44 pm
Technically...no. But if you have watched ASU at all this year, you'd know they are very capable of beating the Hogs. Deny it all you want...but it is reality.

I watched a couple games. They looked good against sunbelt competition.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: hog of steele on November 04, 2017, 09:24:40 pm
I watched a couple games. They looked good against sunbelt competition.

You do realize we played the worst Sun Belt team today, don't you?

RedRock

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: RedRock on November 04, 2017, 09:31:17 pm
Pulaski Academy could beat Arkansas

No. The Hogs would put it away in the 4th.....

solitons

Quote from: atom hog on November 04, 2017, 07:07:49 pm
are you sure we are better the high school teams?

hog of steele

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on November 04, 2017, 09:29:54 pm

The worst team in ar st's weight class? I don't know what would happen. But history has shown me a state loses to bad P5 schools. There isn't a player of states roster that wouldn't rather play in the SEC.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on November 04, 2017, 09:29:54 pm

Of course he knows we played a terrible team and won by only 1.

The people supporting Bieliema at this point are just delusional

hog of steele

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 04, 2017, 10:14:47 pm
Of course he knows we played a terrible team and won by only 1.

The people supporting Bieliema at this point are just delusional

Fascinating. I support CBB? News to me.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: hog of steele on November 04, 2017, 10:17:07 pm
Fascinating. I support CBB? News to me.

Maybe only half-heartedly? Not sure why you are arguing for him if not.

code red

Quote from: atom hog on November 04, 2017, 07:07:49 pm
and you seriously can't make an argument against this. I mean that is sad. That the Arkansas tradition has come to this. Because of one man. And we're going to let him come back?
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

hog of steele

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 04, 2017, 10:18:52 pm
Maybe only half-heartedly? Not sure why you are arguing for him if not.

I am not arguing for him. I am arguing that even a bad P5 school is a tough game for a good G5 school.

No doubt we are a bad P5 school. No doubt this game was unacceptable. I would fire CBB today.

But this ASU team already lost to a bad Nebraska team. That team fired its AD and will have a new coach next year. We aren't a gimme for ASU.

hog of steele

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: hog of steele on November 04, 2017, 10:22:58 pm
I am not arguing for him. I am arguing that even a bad P5 school is a tough game for a good G5 school.

No doubt we are a bad P5 school. No doubt this game was unacceptable. I would fire CBB today.

But this ASU team already lost to a bad Nebraska team. That team fired its AD and will have a new coach next year. We aren't a gimme for ASU.

ASU may have lost to Nebraska, but 2 of our wins are against bad Sun Belt teams, another against a 3-7 Florida A&M team, and a bad Ole Miss team.
You can't use the "weak Sun Belt teams" argument to criticize ASU's schedule while giving the Hogs credit for beating the same teams.

hog of steele

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on November 05, 2017, 04:59:31 am
ASU may have lost to Nebraska, but 2 of our wins are against bad Sun Belt teams, another against a 3-7 Florida A&M team, and a bad Ole Miss team.
You can't use the "weak Sun Belt teams" argument to criticize ASU's schedule while giving the Hogs credit for beating the same teams.

Not giving any credit. I am 100 percent focused on asu's history against bad power 5 schools. Even this year.

MTBrookHog

Just because we are in the SEC doesn't mean we are playing at a P5 level.

Seminole Indian

Found this link to "Hogs vs. Red Wolves, indirectly head-to-head",  based on playing common opponents , but it does not include this year.

https://247sports.com/college/arkansas-state/Article/Hogs-vs-Red-Wolves-indirectly-head-to-head-110005932
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

hog of steele

That is weird. I was told a state doesn't think about playing AR anymore. Apparently they haven't thought about it in 10 years.  Lol

Seminole Indian

Think that was from a Razorback site.

Can't live in Arkansas and not think about the Razorbacks, and in the Delta mosquitoes. They both come with the territory.

Most understand that not playing the Razorbacks has not prevented them from growing their program, and they are pretty much where they are going to be, regardless.

It is really not as bad as you guys seem to think.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

hog of steele

The link you posted was labeled stAte. Unless I miss the mark, that is an a state moniker.

Clearly the a state fans, press, players, alum want games with AR. It's humorous to hear them pretend that this is only something that AR thinks about.

Nobody in power wants the game TBH. A state likes pretending that AR is afraid and AR likes the money we keep by not giving up a home game. Until someone gives up their position the game will continue to not be played.

GolfNut57

Quote from: hog of steele on November 06, 2017, 07:38:22 pm
The link you posted was labeled stAte. Unless I miss the mark, that is an a state moniker.

Clearly the a state fans, press, players, alum want games with AR. It's humorous to hear them pretend that this is only something that AR thinks about.

Nobody in power wants the game TBH. A state likes pretending that AR is afraid and AR likes the money we keep by not giving up a home game. Until someone gives up their position the game will continue to not be played.

regardless of how it may have been labeled anyone without a biased view can see by reading it that it is slanted in favor of the hogs.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

hog of steele

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 06, 2017, 07:43:45 pm
regardless of how it may have been labeled anyone without a biased view can see by reading it that it is slanted in favor of the hogs.

I saw it differently. It seemed to be a response to an earlier article that the author thought was unfair to state.

What is clear is that state fans, press, players and graduates think about and want a game against AR. But the powers that be on both sides are unwilling to make the sacrifice required to see it happen.

GolfNut57

Quote from: hog of steele on November 06, 2017, 07:49:10 pm
I saw it differently. It seemed to be a response to an earlier article that the author thought was unfair to state.

What is clear is that SOME state fans, press, players and graduates think about and want a game against AR. But the powers that be on both sides are unwilling to make the sacrifice required to see it happen.

FIFY
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

hog of steele

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 06, 2017, 07:54:00 pm
FIFY

If it helps them sleep at night, they can pretend it doesn't matter to them. I have yet to meet a state fan who doesn't talk about it.

GolfNut57

Quote from: hog of steele on November 06, 2017, 07:55:51 pm
If it helps them sleep at night, they can pretend it doesn't matter to them. I have yet to meet a state fan who doesn't talk about it.

Get out more then is all I can say.  ;)

hog of steele

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 06, 2017, 08:03:53 pm
Get out more then is all I can say.  ;)

That may be it. But let me give a little context. I moved to NE AR about 18 months ago. Before that I would have happily accepted the idea that a state doesn't think about AR. It makes sense that the two programs aren't close enough to be rivals so we run our own races with the occasional barb back and forth. Being in this region is what convinced me that state fans think about AR quite a bit. Now soy country state fans may not be a good representative sample but it is the home turf.