Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If you're Bama, how do you game plan against our offense?

Started by Grunt, October 12, 2017, 01:34:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisTeetsTaken

If I'm Bobby Allen I'm telling Austin to "throw it to grandma" at the first hint of pressure after every snap.  No reason to risk getting hurt when there is nothing to play for.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Rayzback

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 12, 2017, 04:21:03 pm
Does everyone here honestly believe it will be a behind the barn as& whipping?  I can see us hanging with them for awhile.

Just a city boy. Born and raised in NWA. He took the Cole train goin anywhere.

I would love for nothing more than a miracle.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

It will be a miracle if we don't get several players hurt in this game.  I think Saban is a good enough coach to go easy on us without even his team knowing what he is doing.  Just  keep putting in players maybe in the wrong position and mixing up their own talent to it best disadvantage to the point we are able to stay alive yet he wins going away. 

I say its possible our team will be OK during warmups.  I would hate to see what Saban might do to us if we actually got a good start.  Something like we kick off to them and they fumble at the 15 and we pick it up and score.  Then they stumble a couple of times on the next series and have to kick to us and we throw a hail mary intended to be thrown out of bounds and Austin pulls a Mallett and doesn't get it there and one of our players catches it for a TD.  Saban would use up all his timeouts having his players lined up in a belt line.  They would kill us for the remaining 4.75 quarters.  They would call their final timeout in the fourth with 3 seconds remaining and score on us again even with the score 58-14 at that point. 

Cambridge Hog

31to6

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 12, 2017, 07:08:56 pm
If I'm Bobby Allen I'm telling Austin to "throw it to grandma" at the first hint of pressure after every snap.  No reason to risk getting hurt when there is nothing to play for.
NFL scouts are going to be watching to see how AA handles this adversity. He handles himself well, even in a bad season, he has an opportunity if his combine and pro day performances are impressive.

If he mails it in the rest of the year, he's got no hope.

So, no, I don't think his dad is telling him to be a chicken darn. He's probably telling him to be a leader.

Fan1958

Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

leroyhawg

God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: rhames on October 12, 2017, 01:34:58 pm
Put 11 players on the field
or 10, maybe even 9....doesn't really matter because they are above us in talent as the Golden State Warriors are above the Phoenix Suns.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

leroyhawg

Quote from: 31to6 on October 12, 2017, 09:56:05 pm
NFL scouts are going to be watching to see how AA handles this adversity. He handles himself well, even in a bad season, he has an opportunity if his combine and pro day performances are impressive.

So, no, I don't think his dad is telling him to be a chicken darn. He's probably telling him to be a leader.
Bobby should sit Austin down and say, let's see what Cole can do. Let's look at some reality jobs for you!
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

TNRazorbacker

First trick is keeping the serious craggy demeanor when he wants to giggle.

East Clintwood

If it wasn't for the fancy game jerseys and all of the people in the stands, it'll be just like they're practicing against the 3rd & 4th teamers.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Rzbakfromwaybak

Passing downs...Rush 7, knock the O-linemen down, smash the QB.  On running plays...defense shows 7-8 defenders in box, Arkansas will run anyway. Meet RB at LOS, knock backwards.  Arkansas punter has busy afternoon.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Razor1997

Bama doesn't have to game plan against our offense with their athletes.

But Saban is their coach, so he will have them prepared, even though they won't need to be.

The real Hogules

I skip over the Arkansas game footage, for fear of making my team over confident and move on to footage of our next opponent.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: The real Hogules on October 13, 2017, 09:36:18 am
I skip over the Arkansas game footage, for fear of making my team over confident and move on to footage of our next opponent.

That's a solid technique.

Approved.
This is my non-signature signature.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

riccoar

You load 8 men in the box and press the receivers. 

TheJoeyBucketz

Rapidly, with a little smile on your face, and very few second thoughts
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

HardCore

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

10thPlanet

Send them, I am blitzing even my corners. Everyone will most likely get to Allen. 

311Hog

why blitz? i would bet they get home with 4, base defense on most downs.

10thPlanet

Quote from: 311Hog on October 13, 2017, 02:05:49 pm
why blitz? i would bet they get home with 4, base defense on most downs.
I am over thinking it, making it too hard.

Rayzback

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

DeltaBoy

Quote from: phadedhawg on October 12, 2017, 05:32:34 pm
Alabama could stay up all night on a massive MDMA binge and still smoke our team the next day.

Maybe I should have the massive MDMA binge while watching the game...that might help a lot now that I think of it.  Psychiatrists are starting trials to test the effectiveness of MDMA to treat post traumatic stress syndrome.  I'm sure if I showed the doctor film of the Sternover, Fish fumble, Auburn 2016, and Alabama 2017, I'd qualify!

Dont forget the Nixon game where Texas held the whole game and never got it called,
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Sapperhog

kodiakisland

Quote from: Grunt on October 12, 2017, 01:34:23 pm
I don't know much about football but going a against a line that can't block,  I'd bring 5 or 6 after Allen from down one, with combinations of linebackers and DBs.

They don't have to "bring" anybody to best our line.  A 3 man rush is 2 more than we can handle.  My guess is they aren't worrying much about a game plan.  Base defense as vanilla as it gets will be all it takes.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

kodiakisland

Quote from: 31to6 on October 12, 2017, 09:56:05 pm

Do you really think that? IF there is an NFL scout watching AA, he is most likely from Cleveland.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

SultanofSwine

If I was Sabah I would start the second string front seven and give the secondary guys the night off. Between stuffing the run at or behind the line of scrimmage and getting sacks on every pass attempt they won't need the defensive backs. Maybe use them on punt returns so they will get some cardio work in.