Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NLCS: Giants defeat Cards in 5. Proof that good does not always prevail over evil.

Started by popcornhog, October 07, 2014, 11:27:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pigture perfect

Headlines in SF's  Chinatown Chronicle. Sum Ting Wong!.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

popcornhog

With Yadier and Waino injured -- there is a zero percent chance that the Catdinals can win this series.

I say we go ahead and forfeit so nobody else can get hurt. It's really the only solution.

WPS

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Just got back from the game, choate choked and love it.  2-1 Gigantes

dacskc

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jrulz83

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

jbell96

I will say this, I will not cheer for the Giants in the World Series. People want to talk about us being lucky in the postseason, but the majority of their runs scored in the NLDS & NLCS have been off fluke plays, Texas league hits, and errors.

popcornhog

Why didn't Holiday bunt with 2 on/no outs? It'd be 2-0 right now. He hasn't been hitting well anyway.

Oh well. I'll take a 1-0 lead right now.
WPS

jrulz83

Quote from: popcornhog on October 15, 2014, 07:24:44 pm
Why didn't Holiday bunt with 2 on/no outs? It'd be 2-0 right now. He hasn't been hitting well anyway.

Oh well. I'll take a 1-0 lead right now.

Umm, you don't bunt your number 3 hitter in the order.

pigture perfect

Ugh!! Get a lead and blow it. Come on man!
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

jrulz83

What are the odds that both centerfielders have nearly the exact same thing happen to them on batted balls in consecutive innings? This is going to be a wild one!!!

DLUXHOG

It would be much fun to see a Missouri World Series...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Jackrabbit Hog

Separated at birth....

[attachment deleted by admin]
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Jackrabbit Hog

They just showed Barry Bonds, who threw out the first pitch tonight.  It looks like his head has shrunk back down to normal size now that he's retired.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

dacskc

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on October 15, 2014, 08:19:37 pm
Separated at birth....

Also, the Swede from Hell on Wheels

dacskc

Do we have someone who can throw strikes? Anyone?

dacskc

On the bright side, they've already used Choake tonight. That's one cleared hurdle.

popcornhog

Martinez has to be done. Was hoping for more outta him
WPS

jrulz83

dacskc

jrulz83

Matheny can't manage. #notreversekarma

dacskc

Our reverses aren't working. Also, if they aren't gonna use Wacha, get him off the roster.

dacskc

It's time

dacskc

dacskc

Why not bring in Maness here to get the DP?

dhornjr1

Shoulda won last night and should win this one tonight and be up 3-1. Instead, we'll be down 3-1.

Such is life as a Cardinals fan.

dacskc

popcornhog

Quote from: Imminent Rueage on October 15, 2014, 09:52:43 pm
Shoulda won last night and should win this one tonight and be up 3-1. Instead, we'll be down 3-1.

Such is life as a Cardinals fan.

Last night should've gone to 11.

Not sure how you can say we should've won though.

Same for tonight -- we're down because we're getting out played. Martinez and Gonzales have been weak. Shelby didn't go deep enough.

Just bad.
WPS

Jackrabbit Hog

Matt Adams is playing first base like Don Adams.

jrulz83

Giants will be sacrificed on the altar to the Royals in the World Series. It's amazing that nothing Matheny has done is working, the Giants are just the "team of destiny" in the NL this year.

dacskc

Do the Royals sweep? It's unbelievable that they've got this post season streak going. I guess they've saved up all these Ws for 29 years though.

popcornhog

WPS

Jackrabbit Hog

Game is over 3 hours old and we just finished the 6th inning.  No wonder kids don't watch baseball anymore.

popcornhog

The Royals aren't gonna lose a game for 29 years.

Good thing the Cards aren't gonna have to face them.
WPS

dacskc

I'll try Torty since nothing else has worked.

Jackrabbit Hog

Carpenter looks like Brandon Allen, only with a stronger arm.

popcornhog

The Cardinals look like a turd. Only with Ebola on it.
WPS

jrulz83

Quote from: dacskc on October 15, 2014, 10:07:31 pm
I'll try Torty since nothing else has worked.

I'm going to drive around and listen to like Shannon, see if that shakes something loose.

clutch

dacskc

dacskc

dacskc

This inning's luck brought to you by '06 Scott Spiezio

dacskc

Harold Reynolds: "If he doesn't get off the mound to make that play, it's a base hit."

No $&@! genius.

dacskc

Meh. I'm going back to reverse jinx.

popcornhog

WPS

Jackrabbit Hog

Anybody notice on the Rob Lowe DirecTV commercials that the theme from St. Elmo's Fire plays at the end?  That's freakin hilarious.

dacskc

dacskc

dacskc

jbell96

I hate to be the "If LaRussa was still managing" guy, but TLR would not have left Shelby in as long as Matheny did last night. It was obvious to me after an inning that he didn't have his best stuff. Also, I will not be the one to ask why is Wacha on the roster if he isn't going to pitch, that poor dead horse has been beaten enough.

Matheny feels he is above reproach with his decision making & I think that is why he irritates me so much.