Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bama defense

Started by Hogs run wild, September 04, 2016, 09:21:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogs run wild

why don't/can't we play defense like this? i can't believe that their talent is worlds better than ours. is it just a difference of philosophy? these guys play defense like the Seahawks.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

razorbacker3

They didn't play a team with a spread type offense.

LRHawg

when you look at their players, you can tell why. They looked like grown men next to USC's players.

jkstock04

Mainly talent difference in my opinion. Although I do dislike our defensive scheme against teams that like to throw the ball. We don't have the athletes to play tight coverage against La Tech receivers?

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Mulberry Squeezins

I'm not sure if it's the coaches or players, but IMO it's all about confidence.  Bama isn't afraid to line up chest to chest with their DB's and do some ball hawking. Our secondary appears to have the mindset of "don't make a mistake." 

rtr

The talent is there but when you combine it with the best coaching, this is what you get.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Pulled(PP)pork

Id take their strength and conditioning coach in a heartbeat

PP

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on September 04, 2016, 09:43:44 am

PP

Who wouldn't?  Tell you what though.  We looked pretty strong out there.  A lot of big hits, showed good speed and quickness. 

factchecker

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on September 04, 2016, 09:43:44 am

PP

I'd take their depth chart filled with genetic freaks.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

LRHawg

Quote from: factchecker on September 04, 2016, 09:49:15 am

Exactly. It's the players and it's obvious when they stand next to their competitors

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: factchecker on September 04, 2016, 09:49:15 am
deadly combination.

PP

ChicoHog

It's been said many times before and I agree with it (for the most part).  "You teach offense, you recruit defense." 

OutlawHawg

Quote from: Hogs run wild on September 04, 2016, 09:21:02 am
why don't/can't we play defense like this? i can't believe that their talent is worlds better than ours. is it just a difference of philosophy? these guys play defense like the Seahawks.

First their talent is light years ahead of ours. So is Auburns. Recruiting rankings do matter.

rzrbk4life

Elite players + elite coaching = bama
Let's call those hogs!!!!

runninhog

They have far more talent than we do or anyone outside of maybe Ohio State. They have the best coaches and the best system, but it all of course starts with one guy.

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: OutlawHawg on September 04, 2016, 10:20:44 am
First their talent is light years ahead of ours. So is Auburns. Recruiting rankings do matter.

The only way a small market program like Arkansas can physically compete against talent that's "light years" ahead is to develop players and have a two deep that's compiled of Junior and Seniors, with a good portion of them being redshirt.  That's what Bielema is trying to do, but that's a different discussion. 

factchecker

Quote from: OutlawHawg on September 04, 2016, 10:20:44 am

Get out and start coaching our instate talent up.  Arkansas high school football is garbage compared to the recruiting grounds of other SEC schools.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

jcharkansas

Quote from: LRHawg on September 04, 2016, 09:23:43 am
when you look at their players, you can tell why. They looked like grown men next to USC's players.
I don't know why, but our players always seem small when watching other teams, I was watching the Auburn  Clemson game and thinking this,

hoggusamoungus

Why can't the other 120 or so D1 schools?  We're not alone when it comes to falling short of that defense.

Boarcephus

Just once I'd like to see our DB's line up on the WR's and put pressure on them and give our DL a chance to get to the QB and see what happens instead of giving them 5-6 yard cushions and watch them catch uncontested throws.  We may not have Bama talent but the guys we played yesterday weren't recruited by Bama either so that should be a wash. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

hawgmasta

Lol is it really that hard to understand?

Imagine us getting 8-10 defensive players around Agim's talent EVERY year. You could call any kind of damn defense you wanted, they would do well.

orvillesghost

As mentioned earlier, USC is not a spread team, they tried to power with Alabama and the Tide is going to eat that kind of team alive every time. The last few years, the stuggles Bama has had  have come with spread type teams with a running threat at QB.

I think BB has built teams in the design of trying to compete with Alabama and LSU here. It has worked very well against LSU but not yet against Alabama, though we have kept the games closer as of late.

younghog

GO HOGS

arlhog

They probably have more talent than we do at every position on defense!   They have 15 defensive players as good as our best player.  Oh yea,   they have decent coaching too.